Carta by Focus V

freddiegibbs

Another round of pre-orders going up tonight for the final release Carta. Not many available after existing commitments. Should ship March 20 with the new atomizer. Old atomizers will be coming down in price. Beta customers will be getting new units. App may or may not come tonight. Maybe Monday. Maybe after that :shrug:

freddiegibbs,
Reactions: Vision103

medicalmark

Medicalmark
I wonder how we are to get the app?
Will we get a link?
Oh by the way the tall helix piece mine doesn’t really milk at all just chugs alongsteady
Steady vapor but doesn’t really milk like the other one eve; the stock one works better.
anyone else have this issue I know there’s a vortex hole which doesnt do anything really
Cheers

medicalmark,

Ky-shun

Have the Carta with a functioning non messed up (old) atomizer. Thing rips. Got Ti and Quartz to rip. Taken 10+ so far.

If you have any questions let me know.

Edit: I can only imagine how this will hit when I get the final unit + application + new atomizer!

Ky-shun,

Aggi

Aggi Swaggi
I wonder how we are to get the app?
Will we get a link?
Oh by the way the tall helix piece mine doesn’t really milk at all just chugs alongsteady
Steady vapor but doesn’t really milk like the other one eve; the stock one works better.
anyone else have this issue I know there’s a vortex hole which doesnt do anything really
Cheers

Same with both of my Helix pieces. They aren't sealed at the base. Both pieces have some give/rock and spin very easily once they're pushed in the base. The stock piece has no movement and has a lot of resistance when trying to spin it. the Dome F-Bomb Helix piece milks better than the tall Helix piece. But as of right now, the stock glass is the best.

Aggi,

LTBOOKEM

I preorderd thru dab lab and recieved mine yesterday. Way too hot. We need the app asap! I'll probably wait to use it again till the app comes or the new dishes. After turning temp down with the app and eventually a SiC dish ill be super stoked

LTBOOKEM,
Reactions: Summer

Eedee

I preorderd thru dab lab and recieved mine yesterday. Way too hot. We need the app asap! I'll probably wait to use it again till the app comes or the new dishes. After turning temp down with the app and eventually a SiC dish ill be super stoked
I'm still waiting on mine smh

Eedee,

Hoosier

Which atomizer did it come with?

Hoosier,

Aggi

Aggi Swaggi
The new atomizer (V2) is up on the site for Pre-Order! ($30)

Site says it will ship March 20. But it also states that the Quartz Bucket is sold separately? I figure the new units will come with Quartz buckets included, but the separate purchase of the Atomizer only comes with a Titanium bucket.

Randall also stated on IG livestream that FocusV team is working on a Monthly installment plan ($15/month if I remember correctly) where you will receive a new atomizer every month, rather than pay $30 for a new atomizer if they tend to fail. The atomizer itself has a (1 Month?) Warranty.

I'm also looking forward to what other artists do with the inserts (SiC, Ruby, Sapphire). As of now, patiently waiting for the App! lol

freddiegibbs

He also mentioned the other day that there would be a Helix glass giveaway just for beta customers

freddiegibbs,
Reactions: Aggi

LTBOOKEM

Which atomizer did it come with?

It's still the beta version of everything. It came with the titanium installed in the atomizer and two extra quarts cups. But they're all V1

I'm still waiting on mine smh
I pre ordered mine last Saturday. When did you? I did call and talk to Randall at Focus V last Tuesday and he said that dab Labs only ordered like five of them. I was calling to ask if I was still going to be receiving the final version even though I ordered through dab labs and he confirmed yes i would be when everybody else receives there's. He also confirmed that I would not have to go through dab labs for any repairs or anything in the future. After I receive my final unit I'll go straight through Focus V

Last edited by a moderator:

Eedee

It's still the beta version of everything. It came with the titanium installed in the atomizer and two extra quarts cups. But they're all V1

I pre ordered mine last Saturday. When did you? I did call and talk to Randall at Focus V last Tuesday and he said that dab Labs only ordered like five of them. I was calling to ask if I was still going to be receiving the final version even though I ordered through dab labs and he confirmed yes i would be when everybody else receives there's. He also confirmed that I would not have to go through dab labs for any repairs or anything in the future. After I receive my final unit I'll go straight through Focus V
Sunday. they gave me some bs about it not arriving yet and theyre waiting for a shipment. Looks like I should be getting it on the 20th smh

Eedee,

dmojo23

Just got my Carta yesterday and had an opportunity to try it out this afternoon. I had it charged and ready to go, loaded my Ti atomizer with a tiny ball of GMO shatter and set it on the lowest heat setting. I got nice flavorful rips quickly followed by a bit of reclaim taste, but I'm not sure if that's relevant. After finding a video that hipped me to how to change the insert, I removed the Ti insert and was pretty surprised at all of the resin on the outside of the bucket. I went ahead and cleaned it with some ISO and switched in one of the quartz buckets. I'm not sure what happened exactly, but when I activated the Carta to the lowest setting again, the element grew red hot and I quickly clicked the button five times to shut it down.

Is my atomizer toast now? I tried to use it again after switching in the other quartz insert and it doesn't seem to be reaching vaporization temps.

I'm quite bummed as all the vids I've seen on IG have made this device look pretty easy and reliable.

I guess I need to read through the thread and see if anyone else is going through this.

dmojo23,
Reactions: Summer

freddiegibbs

Just got my Carta yesterday and had an opportunity to try it out this afternoon. I had it charged and ready to go, loaded my Ti atomizer with a tiny ball of GMO shatter and set it on the lowest heat setting. I got nice flavorful rips quickly followed by a bit of reclaim taste, but I'm not sure if that's relevant. After finding a video that hipped me to how to change the insert, I removed the Ti insert and was pretty surprised at all of the resin on the outside of the bucket. I went ahead and cleaned it with some ISO and switched in one of the quartz buckets. I'm not sure what happened exactly, but when I activated the Carta to the lowest setting again, the element grew red hot and I quickly clicked the button five times to shut it down.

Is my atomizer toast now? I tried to use it again after switching in the other quartz insert and it doesn't seem to be reaching vaporization temps.

I'm quite bummed as all the vids I've seen on IG have made this device look pretty easy and reliable.

I guess I need to read through the thread and see if anyone else is going through this.
It will overheat like that if the atomizer isn't properly threaded into the base. Adjust the atomizer and try again, it should be fine. However, I haven't heard of many (or any) people successfully using the quartz bucket in the v1 atomizer without major spillage and loss of material. I'd just stick with titanium until the new atomizers are out.

dmojo23

It will overheat like that if the atomizer isn't properly threaded into the base. Adjust the atomizer and try again, it should be fine. However, I haven't heard of many (or any) people successfully using the quartz bucket in the v1 atomizer without major spillage and loss of material. I'd just stick with titanium until the new atomizers are out.
Thanks for that response! I'll give it another go with the Ti. Cheers!

I’ve tried the Ti bucket again a few times, but it’s not getting hot enough to vaporize my concentrate. It just melts. At all settings. Do you think my atomizer is cooked?

Last edited by a moderator:
dmojo23,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
The XPLOR is up on the website now...though I don't see a way to pick from different colors? :tup:

Are the first ones for sale just available in black?? :shrug:

Shrike,

Shadyguy

I’ve tried the Ti bucket again a few times, but it’s not getting hot enough to vaporize my concentrate. It just melts. At all settings. Do you think my atomizer is cooked?

This is exactly what happened to my atomizer. It worked for about a week with very limited use. It started overheating and then wouldn't heat up enough to vaporize on any setting. I'm not sure if the overheating is burning out the heating element or if it's the oil ingress causing issues. At this point we are crossing our fingers for the new version to be more robust/reliable. I do not want to deal with a monthly atomizer replacement at $30 plus shipping.

Last edited:

dmojo23

This is exactly what happened to my atomizer. It worked for about a week with very limited use. a It started overheating and then wouldn't heat up enough to vaporize on any setting. I'm not sure if the overheating is burning out the heating element or if it's the oil ingress causing issues. At your point we are crossing our fingers for the new version to be more robust. I do not want to deal with a monthly atomizer replacement.
Glad to hear you say that. To me, it basically negates the great price point advantage of the Carta over the other options on the market. Thanks for responding!

dmojo23,

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey Guys!

still waiting on an update from my Bluetooth guys. other then that the carta is still on track and on time. We will be working to get you guys your updated units ASAP!

XPLOR is available now and i will start another thread on that specifically probably next week after i get back from spannabis!

I will still be doing a specific giveaway for you beta purchasers! I am hoping to get that up and going this week if i can. but we are undergoing a site redesign at the moment.

If i haven't had the chance to get back to some of you please forgive me and shoot me a DM so i can work on anything I missed.

Iv been out with the flu. I am feeling 80% today! should be 100% back at it tomorrow. will likely squeeze in a stream before i leave Wednesday.

medicalmark

Medicalmark
So if all is on track that means that we will be receiving a new cara with the new atomizer ?
And this will be taken care of before or after you leave or get back from spannabis ?
Not sure about my fbomb glass piece tall one which doesn’t really perc much seems like having 2 release air holes has no effect when there both closed so I’m not sure what the action shroud be like.
I thought it would be vortex like but it seems very soft with barely any action and vapor visibly there when drawing.
Still get vapor but it doesn’t milk at all not like the stock piece.
Not what I expected, kinda disappointing.
I was expecting a more aggressive bubbler I guess.
Have fun in Spain.

Cheers, medicalmark

medicalmark,

Summer

Long Island, NY
If I recall correctly, Randall said in a stream that the new Cartas were due to be received at the end of the month. 3/30 I believe, but don't quote me.

Summer,

Hoosier

Well, I now have 0/3 v1 atomizers working, so I guess I wait until the replacement unit and v2 atomizer arrive. Back to my peak.

Hoosier,
Reactions: Eedee

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Days away from V2's arriving and shipping out guys. Beta app files are being sent to me and will be sent out via a download link.

Im on a plane now headed to spannabis. make sure to checkout the IG stream for more info!

Top Bottom