• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CARS...what ya got what you like??

StickyShisha2

charliedontsurf said:
Is there a good diesel available in the Canadian market?

the dealers here can get the Euro TD. Not so in the US, or so i'm told.

but i decided to grab a used Honda Fit. I couldn't pass it up. i already had my mechanic give it a good looking over.

StickyShisha2,

Carbon

StickyShisha said:
charliedontsurf said:
Is there a good diesel available in the Canadian market?

the dealers here can get the Euro TD. Not so in the US, or so i'm told.

but i decided to grab a used Honda Fit. I couldn't pass it up. i already had my mechanic give it a good looking over.
What do you guys mean by "good diesel"? I know that we had issues in the past with that but we are on a low-sulfur formula now which is why we can use the more advanced European diesel engines these days (even if manufacturers and the public are slow to catch on).

Carbon,

OrganicVapor

Work in progress; plans to airbag, paint and body, ect once i finish the motor rebuild project i'm into now.

'91 chevy caprice wagon, wheels are american racing torq thrust ii

OrganicVapor,
Reactions: jmanvfl

Purple-Days

Someone mentioned the Smart Car, just read this in a list of worst cars...

"Smart ForTwo

Excellent fuel economy and a unique look does not excuse its biggest drawback - excessive swaying with crosswinds and it small size, an automatic fail in vehicle-to-vehicle collisions, along with poor rollover ratings on par with the worst SUVS. For a subcompact car, acceleration is surprisingly sluggish and its fuel economy is wrecked by its premium gasoline requirement, which costs more. Plus, its warranty is one of the worst in its class, covering only 2 years/24,000 miles. Similarly priced small compacts like the Nissan Versa and the Kia Soul are enough to knock the Smart Fortwo out of consideration for life."

Purple-Days,
Its gasoline engine's MPG is actually pretty garbage regardless of using premium, you can get far larger, more practical vehicles with like or better numbers for less money. That article is absolutely right, Soul/Versa/SX4 (Ding ding) type vehicles annihilate the Smart at least until the Smart gets a diesel/electric, and on that note I read somewhere that there's going to be an extremely limited, lease only, 40whp electric Smart program soon.

To Sticky, you should be happy: the Fit has gotten ridiculous amounts of accolades from the motoring press, I think I saw a comparison test recently between Fit, Yaris, Focus and Mazda 2, and the Fit handily won.

If I didn't have a serious axe to grind against FWD, I might consider one myself.

charliedontsurf,

dtp3347

Now this is my type of thread.

2000 B5 S4!!

5590281107_af6bfb9bd9.jpg

dtp3347,

Carbon

dtp3347 said:
Now this is my type of thread.

2000 B5 S4!!
Man I've always had a soft spot for those cars. I guess part of it was my former Audi love back when I drove the TT 225.

Carbon,
Yeah, that's the nicest Volkswagen I ever saw! :lol:

Check out this Cuban frankenstein, made by fusing two Lada VAZ sedans together.

[img=FluxBB bbcode test]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cb/DirkvdM_lada_limousine.jpg/800px-DirkvdM_lada_limousine.jpg[/img]

I'd drive this thing till the wheels went square, which probably wouldn't be long.

charliedontsurf,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I have a 2010 Pontiac G6

I like Trans Ams, Challengers and a few others.

I want a supercharged Pinto

Next vehicle will probably be a cab covered F-250 (sigh....don't like em)

Tom

tdavie,
I had a friend with a souped up Pinto and that thing was SCARY. Not just scary fast, but you felt like you were going to DIE at any moment. Lotta fun.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

chucku

Charles Urbane
The 2010 WB Jetta (think GLI) may be the ultimate expression of the Mark V sedan. Stock with the 2.0 liter TSI engine produces 200 hp, 207 lb ft. As enhanced with a K&N drop in air filter and APR stage 1 tune delivers 254 hp and 303 lb ft. The DSG transmission is a perfect match for turbocharged engines since no matter how you choose to drive it shifts are lightning quick and boost is maintained. It is incredibly smooth and refined to drive. If I did not know otherwise I would think I am driving an Audi A4. It has all the performance of a GTI and more utility for about $5000.00 less than a GTI and about $12,000.00 less than an A4. Going low(er) is not an option due to bad roads and that speed bumps and high curbs are unavoidable daily realities. I still may add a down pipe and stage 2 tune.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chucku,

Human Bean

Vapor Genie
nice rides yall
i dont drive but my mom drives a 06 honda civic si. just like the blue one on page one but stock not modified.

my dream cars would be something that runs on h2o or on air haha orrr nissan skyline r32 or a honda civic hatchback( any year just a hatchback) also a big dodge ram or a yamaha r6. or a motorhome

Human Bean,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Just saw the first Top Gear of the new season and was blown away by the Eagle Speedster, a re-worked model of the 1961 Jaguar E-Type, possibly the prettiest car ever made.

Here is it's modern version, which you can pick up for a cool 500,000 ($800,150):

eagle-speedster-front-static.png

eagle-speedster-rear-static.png

And here is Jeremy Clarkson demonstrating its noise that would make your spine tingle if you heard it on the road: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPOdCEqsHC0

I will own one, someday, somehow...

More pics + info: http://www.jaguarspeedster.com/

wilf789,

Purple-Days

Some of you guys remember the days when you could identify almost every production car on the road. Those days are long gone, good lines replaced buy the bubble form of what is modern design. (not that I don't like the car above :cool: )

Saw a car today that I had forgotten. But on seeing one in primer and no trim today, rolling up to stop sign, there was no doubt... A forgotten sleeper... the Ford Maverick.
2jayp00.jpg

Purple-Days,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Purple-Days said:
Someone mentioned the Smart Car, just read this in a list of worst cars...

"Smart ForTwo

Excellent fuel economy and a unique look does not excuse its biggest drawback - excessive swaying with crosswinds and it small size, an automatic fail in vehicle-to-vehicle collisions, along with poor rollover ratings on par with the worst SUVS. For a subcompact car, acceleration is surprisingly sluggish and its fuel economy is wrecked by its premium gasoline requirement, which costs more. Plus, its warranty is one of the worst in its class, covering only 2 years/24,000 miles. Similarly priced small compacts like the Nissan Versa and the Kia Soul are enough to knock the Smart Fortwo out of consideration for life."

A smart car pulled out in front of me in my big ol f150 and I thought to myself "If I hit that car going like 40mph with my truck, the people inside are dead" Not too "smart" IMO

JDSupreme,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Wow surprised there are a bunch of car guys here.

Here is my sled.

2002 Honda S2000

AP1Miami-1.jpg

Beachrear.jpg

tranceporter,

eddyfrancis

:o beautiful s2k!

Used to have a red mk2 GTI similar to the one in chuku's last pic. Now looking for an old E30 M3. Just something about those old German cars!

eddyfrancis,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
eddyfrancis said:
:o beautiful s2k!

Used to have a red mk2 GTI similar to the one in chuku's last pic. Now looking for an old E30 M3. Just something about those old German cars!

Thanks!

I love E30s. Probably the last M bimmer that weighed under 3000 lbs. Today's cars are so overweight and bloated it's disgusting. My friend had a E30 M3 that was an awesome autocross/track car but it gave him so much problems. BMW= Bring More Wallet.

tranceporter,

eddyfrancis

Haha, completely true. Sometimes half the fun comes from being under the hood though! Of course, it is getting hard to find a well sorted E30 M3 these days which can be frustrating.

eddyfrancis,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I have a 1991 Cadillac ElDorado. 4.9 V8 - ~ 200hp. Just got it out on the road last week, for the first time this year. It's never been winter driven, and I plan to keep it that way :cool:

I don't have any pics on this computer of it, but with some googleing I found a handful of pics of a 1991 eldo in the same color as mine. The car in the pics has aftermarket wheels though, and mine has stocks. Also, I have tints on mine. I'll post some pics of my own when I take some.

The pics are thumbnails, click to view larger size on photobucket

Purpl3_Haz3,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Bumping this thread because well.. I want to.

Anyone see the new C7 Corvettes on the road yet? There was a lot of criticism regarding the looks (Camaro-looking rear) but the car looks AMAZING in person IMO. Really considering picking one up in a few years when they are under 30K. I'll take mine in Laguna Blue...

med_gallery_19_3_1196468.jpg

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
I used to like cars. 7 years in a dealership took that out of me. Did get to drive cars when they came in. The coolest was probably the Dodge Ram SRT-10. Prowler was fun too.

Magic9,
Top Bottom