• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CARS...what ya got what you like??

rotax

Zaporist
Wants:
'06 or earlier Impreza WRX
'06 Duramax

Likes [Dreams]:
67' Chevelle
Mostly appreciate the late 60s Chevelles, aswell as Camaros and Novas.
I do also respect Mustangs, Chargers, and other American muscle from the era.

rotax,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
rotax said:
Wants:
'06 Duramax

Likes [Dreams]:
67' Chevelle

My dad owned a 67 Chevelle when he was in highschool, he grew up in a small town and sold it to a fellow in town who has kept it 110% restored, he still sees it driving through town every so often. Such beauty..

As for me.. well i would love a Subaru WRX or a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, also would have no problems taking a super car or just about any old muscle car off your hands.

Survivalism,

StickyShisha2

OquawkaWoodCar_s.jpg

tesla-model-s-electric-car-photo-ss002.jpg

mpiccorelli89

rotax said:
Wants:
'06 Duramax

Likes [Dreams]:
67' Chevelle

I like your style man...06 previous wrx btw is nice ive driven a few...I would have bought a 06 leather interior WRX but i found my STI for the same price before hand so i said screw it haha

mpiccorelli89,

chucku

Charles Urbane
2010 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition (2.0l TSI engine, DSG trans). I would like have the ECU chipped to match the specs of the Euro market GTI R but not invalidate my warranty.

chucku,

2clicker

Observer
toxicc said:
I like to not have one, never did and i'm 27 years old.

lucky you!

has
mine: 01 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 4.0L HO, 3" lift, 31" MTs
wife: 08 Scion XB all stock

wants
daily driver: 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4 5.7LH, 4.5" lift, 33" MTs
trail rig: whatever year Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (4dr), 5.7LH engine swap, 5-6" lift, 37-39" RTs, locked all around, and maybe a custom cage

if i wasnt buying a Jeep id be buying either a Toyota FJ Cruiser or 4Runner and modding it.

Jeep...

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

2clicker,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
I'm a VW nut... own a 2000 Jetta 2.0L, but I've been dying to upgrade for a VR6 or at least a 1.8T to have a little more fun. The 2L is gutless.

mattybass,

chucku

Charles Urbane
mattybass said:
I'm a VW nut... own a 2000 Jetta 2.0L, but I've been dying to upgrade for a VR6 or at least a 1.8T to have a little more fun. The 2L is gutless.

But the 2.0l TSI - essentially the same engine offered in the Audi A3 and exactly the same engine as the Golf GTI (and the euro spec GTI R but tuned for about 30% more hp and torque) is an atomic bomb. The DSG transmission is the best of both worlds, drive it like a stick with no clutch or as an auto. It can also handle up to 500 hp and 500 lb ft so no need to upgrade the trans when I eventually get the engine chipped. So far I have done about 6.5 seconds 0-60 mph, no chance to test the top end yet but it does haul ass effortlessly. On your side of the border you can get 2.0l TSI in either Highline or Wolfsburg trim. BTW I got a hell of a good deal on it, cost me just under 22.5k USD. With extended warranty and taxes just shy of 26k USD. Only cons I can think of it requires/strongly prefers premium gas and if you like to twist your own wrenches only use VW approved full synthetic motor oil. Warranty coverage has been denied when non VW spec oil has been detected. When you get your new VW, replace the factory air filter with a K & N. With it there is no turbo lag.

Another big plus is that since the Wolfsburg is quite rare in the states Geico charges the same to insure it as the more sedate variants.

chucku,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
chucku said:
mattybass said:

But the 2.0l TSI - essentially the same engine offered in the Audi A3 and exactly the same engine as the Golf GTI (and the euro spec GTI R but tuned for about 30% more hp and torque) is an atomic bomb. The DSG transmission is the best of both worlds, drive it like a stick with no clutch or as an auto. It can also handle up to 500 hp and 500 lb ft so no need to upgrade the trans when I eventually get the engine chipped. So far I have done about 6.5 seconds 0-60 mph, no chance to test the top end yet but it does haul ass effortlessly. On your side of the border you can get 2.0l TSI in either Highline or Wolfsburg trim. BTW I got a hell of a good deal on it, cost me just under 22.5k USD. With extended warranty and taxes just shy of 26k USD. Only cons I can think of it requires/strongly prefers premium gas and if you like to twist your own wrenches only use VW approved full synthetic motor oil. Warranty coverage has been denied when non VW spec oil has been detected. When you get your new VW, replace the factory air filter with a K & N. With it there is no turbo lag.

Another big plus is that since the Wolfsburg is quite rare in the states Geico charges the same to insure it as the more sedate variants.

Don't get me wrong, I'd kill for a new GTI, that would be amazing. But I'm a poor student with big hopes haha. A VR6 is a big investment even for me so I have to be careful. But when I get a real job? No question I'll have a (probably by then MkVII lol) GTI or something with some goodies. Not enough to make the Vortex happy but tasteful.

mattybass,
86 BMW 535i 5spd, 1990 325i convertible 5spd, 1994 540i auto, all with over 220,000 on the clock.

Anything after the Clinton administration generally isn't worth owning.

Would like... Mmm. A 300 dollar first generation Miata 5 speed I can treat like shit while grinning like an idiot?

crawdad

floatin
cj7 (trail rider, 36 tsl, 5.5" lift, locked f/r, cage, cup holders, pantie cabinets, whiskey drawers), dodge p/u (daily, puller), grand cherokee (family wagon).

dont want anything else, if something goes id likely replace it with something similar if i cant fix it, i usually just fix it though.

i have been thinking of a van though, that would be cool...great for trips. im thinking a conversion van deal, something you can party in or just play cards. HA HA

crawdad,

darkrom

Great Scott!
VAse5.jpg

4977630280_8220d11b5c_b.jpg

4977630272_2352a10a5c_z.jpg

4977630284_3e68a15868_z.jpg

Terrible pics taken on my iphone but I love my 2008 civic si. Most people would find it impossible to use as a daily driver. I have a lot of mods in that thing. The solid mounts and stage 2 Carbon Kevlar clutch tend to make the ride less comfortable, but it's pretty much exactly what I was looking for in a car and now it is customized nicely for me. Still many more mods to do I just want to pay it off soon.

OO

Technical Skeptical
so much talk of subarus from members of this board. i'm no different.

2.5 RS mine came modified for stiff street use i want to lift it up so i can start taking it offroad.

OO,

Carbon

I've got a 2006 STi as well. Crystal Gray Metallic with silver wheels. I want to upgrade to something else soon though as I am sick of the little squeaks and rattles and the giant rear wing. The car is awesome fun though.

Carbon,

crawdad

floatin
2clicker said:
are you familiar with the American Expedition Vehicles Jeep conversions? they are doing some amazing stuff right now.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/vehicles/

so i change my wanted vehicle to an AEV Hemi converted 4dr JK on 37" pillows

http://www.aev-conversions.com/vehicles/jk_wrangler.php

to each their own, i feel its a waste of money. for 3-4 grand you can have something that looks and handles more bad ass. but if you want brand new and a cool "off the shelf" look then perhaps that is the way to go. i know plenty of folks who go that route. im a cheap person and like old school (simpler) things.

moving on though, this is for sale...im digging the old vans/buses...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QqzA4oQHE8

crawdad,
Top Bottom