Caregiver/grower medical cannabis ??

MinnBobber

HI,
I am preparing for a Minnesota "Be Heard on Cannabis" meeting tonight.
I will be pushing hard for allowing home grow and "caregiver cannabis grows" as
our State House of Reps is getting input for a legal adult cannabis bill.

What programs do other states have for allowing a caregiver to grow cannabis for their
caregiver "patients"?
Can caregivers charge for that? Can they give it away? Do patients have to allot their allowed home grow\plant count over to their grower?? What is a typical oz price?

We need home grow and some kind of program to allow folks who cannot grow, a way to get cannabis.

What are other states doing?

I knew one caregiver angel in CO who gave away his preemo crop. T2M kind of disappeared????

Our current med program is obscenely expensive. One participant reported a monthly bill of $6000
Yikes

thanks for any info to see what others have

shredder

HI,
I am preparing for a Minnesota "Be Heard on Cannabis" meeting tonight.
I will be pushing hard for allowing home grow and "caregiver cannabis grows" as
our State House of Reps is getting input for a legal adult cannabis bill.

What programs do other states have for allowing a caregiver to grow cannabis for their
caregiver "patients"?
Can caregivers charge for that? Can they give it away? Do patients have to allot their allowed home grow\plant count over to their grower?? What is a typical oz price?

We need home grow and some kind of program to allow folks who cannot grow, a way to get cannabis.

What are other states doing?

I knew one caregiver angel in CO who gave away his preemo crop. T2M kind of disappeared????

Our current med program is obscenely expensive. One participant reported a monthly bill of $6000
Yikes

thanks for any info to see what others have

I'm a caregiver and live in MI. I can have 12 plants for each patient registered to me. I can have 5 patients not including myself. So 6 x 12 or 72 plants. Clones are counted as plants here. Personally I only flower 8 at a time and have plenty. I can have 2.5 ounces for myself and each patient.

Our state recently went legal. Every adult is legal, every household can grow 12 plants, with some restrictions. You can have 10 ounces at home but can only carry 2.5 oz.

I can be compensated for my buds, rosin or medibles from my patients, but im not allowed to sell to the public. Anyone with legalization can give away herb to another legal person.

There are medical dispensaries and recreational, but neither are widely distributed around the state. Most areas still forbid them. Afaik both charge more than street prices or caregivers would but the gear is tested. Recreational is taxed more than medical.

Prices for caregiver grown herb varies but its in the $150-200 range per ounce. In my experience most home growers grow for themselves or a close relative and there's no money involved.

Most dispensaries charge by the gram. In areas with competition the prices are better. But a range would be $5 a gram to $20.

Last edited:
Top Bottom