• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Carbon Filter - dabs?

bassplayer

Has anyone here used a carbon filter attachment (such as Scientific Inhalations filter with McFinns' coconut carbon) with a dab rig? I assume they would make the hit smoother on the throat but does it reduce the potency too much?

Last edited:
bassplayer,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Others have claimed it robs actives, however, for 'me' it was a necessity for dabbing on nails to smooth it out enough for my throat & bronchs. So 'my' answer is :shrug: only because I was never sure before whether I was getting uber high from the goods or lack of oxygen from the hacking fits that would follow... and at this point (even though I don't dab often anymore), I can say it made no difference in the 'after effect' :nod:

farscaper

I doubt it will rob any more actives than say filtering with cotton or hemp fiber. With that being said I do think that they (cotton and hemp) do collect oil.

So, I would suggest smaller amounts of carbon changed often. Since the carbon will probably become coated in claim. However, since carbon can be used as a lubricant in powder form, there is a posibility that oil will not cling to the carbon at all. Either way I would recomend pitching it and not try reclaiming... Your likely to extract carbon as well with most solvents I imagine...

Wish I had a carbon filter, I got a little here thata little to harsh for me on the nail. But it effects the best from the nail.

farscaper,

bassplayer

OK, just tried one - I certainly do like it, can't say it's reducing the effect much but it certainly is helping me cough much less...worth a try if you cough a lot while vaping/dabbing

Top Bottom