1. Thanks to some very special members we were able to help those in need.
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Carbon Filter - dabs?

Discussion in 'Concentrates' started by bassplayer, Feb 19, 2014.

1. bassplayer

bassplayer Well-Known Member

Has anyone here used a carbon filter attachment (such as Scientific Inhalations filter with McFinns' coconut carbon) with a dab rig? I assume they would make the hit smoother on the throat but does it reduce the potency too much?
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  2. smokum

smokum The Guy Your Mother Warned You About

Others have claimed it robs actives, however, for 'me' it was a necessity for dabbing on nails to smooth it out enough for my throat & bronchs. So 'my' answer is :shrug: only because I was never sure before whether I was getting uber high from the goods or lack of oxygen from the hacking fits that would follow... and at this point (even though I don't dab often anymore), I can say it made no difference in the 'after effect' :nod:
    farscaper and bassplayer like this.
  3. farscaper

farscaper °•._□■▪-

I doubt it will rob any more actives than say filtering with cotton or hemp fiber. With that being said I do think that they (cotton and hemp) do collect oil.

So, I would suggest smaller amounts of carbon changed often. Since the carbon will probably become coated in claim. However, since carbon can be used as a lubricant in powder form, there is a posibility that oil will not cling to the carbon at all. Either way I would recomend pitching it and not try reclaiming... Your likely to extract carbon as well with most solvents I imagine...

Wish I had a carbon filter, I got a little here thata little to harsh for me on the nail. But it effects the best from the nail.
  4. bassplayer

bassplayer Well-Known Member

OK, just tried one - I certainly do like it, can't say it's reducing the effect much but it certainly is helping me cough much less...worth a try if you cough a lot while vaping/dabbing
    smokum and farscaper like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors