Car / vehicle thread...

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Now this would have been unreal!

18n2hm42lfajrjpg-1200x630-c.jpg

And made possible after winning California Lottery, immediately followed by PowerBall! That and a whole lotta :2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c:.... ;)

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
A very nice super car indeed. But I wonder how comfortable it is to ride in. Even getting in and out of it looks perilous.
Ah, I changed focus away from comfort on this one. Look at those tires. When the engineers got together to first discuss this, anyone who mentioned comfort was immediately kicked off the team in favor of those wishing to discuss cornering in the "way the heck up there" mph range.

For the price of one of these, I would bet the dealer would be willing to throw in a few of the below, just for comfort....
Car-Auto-Cushion-font-b-Therapy-b-font-font-b-Massage-b-font-Padded-Bubble-Foam.jpg

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
For the price of one of these, I would bet the dealer would be willing to throw in a few of the below, just for comfort....
Which would completely negate the seats intended purpose. Race seats are designed for a reason, SAFETY. Alter this with a non safety seat, cover, or other mods, and you could be dealing with a fatal crash when not necessary.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Which would completely negate the seats intended purpose. Race seats are designed for a reason, SAFETY. Alter this with a non safety seat, cover, or other mods, and you could be dealing with a fatal crash when not necessary.
So comfort or safety, no compromise?

Remember, we've thrown budget to the wind. So, with my now unlimited budget, I can have a 5 point harness, full solid roll cage, and my tushie cushions... (and in a few years, metaphasic shielding as well :o)...

images

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
So comfort or safety, no compromise?

Remember, we've thrown budget to the wind. So, with my now unlimited budget, I can have a 5 point harness, full solid roll cage, and my tushie cushions... (and in a few years, metaphasic shielding as well :o)...
I refuse to continue this discussion if $$$ is not a factor. You can do anything with unlimited cash and make a car that is formula speed with a few accoutrements. It might even go into space. Get real.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I refuse to continue this discussion if $$$ is not a factor. You can do anything with unlimited cash and make a car that is formula speed with a few accoutrements. It might even go into space. Get real.
Sorry, lost my frame of reference when it was mentioned that this was not a comfortable luxury car...
Infiniti-Q50-Eau-Rouge-concept-PLACEMENT-626x382.jpg

lazylathe

Almost there...
I had to drive about 100 miles away to get my Volvo fixed today......

As I went to pick it up, something caught my eye....
3PsOyaJh.jpg

It's a cbr400rr 1989 grey import...
Only has 25000 kilometres on it....
Very clean...
I loved my vfr400 so much, I couldn't leave without it...
So I bought it, and my dad drove my car home...
It's been a few years since bike ownership for me, I'm very happy....

OH MAN!!!! So Jelly!!!
I miss mine sooooo much!
She was a full import from Japan, had her delimited as well.
Many rides of 235 KM/H which is awesome!
Wind in your hair (helmet) feeling.
Mine was original Honda colours, red white and blue!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Mine was original Honda colours, red white and blue!

The black colour scheme is also official honda...
And it's a rarer colour scheme...
I had an indicated 130mph out of yesterday, I don't think it had much more in it...
But it's not about top end with 400's....

I spent all last night trying to find other nc23's for sale, there are not many about, especially in the black colours.....
The ones i could find are selling for between 3 and 4k.... and mine has lower mileage....

I think I may have done ok with this purchase....

kellya86

Herb gardener...
This was my girlfriends, sold about 6 years ago. We both still miss it equally coz I borrowed it with any passable excuse possible :)

Is that an evo 4 or 5 ????

The best shapes they made in my opinion....
As much as I move Imprezas, I'll openly admit that any comparible evo will run rings around it....

But they are so much harder to keep running nice..

Pablo13

Is that an evo 4 or 5 ????

The best shapes they made in my opinion....
As much as I move Imprezas, I'll openly admit that any comparible evo will run rings around it....

But they are so much harder to keep running nice..

Its an Evo 6 Tommi Makinen Edition, hence the plate. I had a early Scooby V1 STI previous so know the differences between them :)

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Why does fuel quality vary so much by brand? Dunno about anybody else but Francine likes to drink BP & is quite particular about it. She is currently choking on a tank of random Caltex 98 & not liking it one little bit.

I feel like Snake :disgust:

0DpG5.gif

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I don't know how true this is, but apparently if you fill up really slowly, you siphon the higher quality petrol from the top layer of the tank....

Also filling up in cold weather gives you more fuel for your cash..... I'm pretty sure this is true..

I know my Scooby would only run shell optimax 99 or Tesco momentum 102...
Higher octane levels = less explosive...

So what sort of quality and octane levels do you Americans have.... ????

I hope it's basically crude oil for the price you pay.......

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
With the inlet just under the fuel surface even strong suction should not stir up any sediment unless you are getting one of the last tanks before it is filled (maybe :shrug:). What is far more likely is a load of fuel is contaminated somewhere along the way & introduces something to foul the engine.

Funny how different cars have different tastes. My old VAG loved Caltex & Shell but hated BP yet my Ford & Honda ran on anything I threw in it.

I hope it's basically crude oil for the price you pay.......

I do too & you get stung even worse then we do for petrol :o.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I have never had a fuel guzzler like my Renault. The absolute P4P king I have owned without doubt ruling out older less modern cars. It used to run 9.5L per 100km but after Renault remapped the gearbox it jumped. Give me a sharp responsive dual clutch for extra fuel consumption any day of the week.

2015 Clio RS 1.6T 150kw FWD: currently 10.5L per 100km (22.5mpg) premium fuel only
2013 Fabia VRS 1.4TSI 132kw FWD: around 7.5l per 100km (31.25mpg) premoium fuel only
2010 FG Falcon XR6 4.0 205kw RWD: around 11.5l per 100km (20.5mpg) any swill you like

Your Volvo is up there with my bro's 6.0L @kellya86. Does not seem unreasonable for a large car to me although fuel is cheaper here.

Last edited:

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
It's been as much as £1.50 here, and its not far off that now....

Team that with my Volvo that bearly sees 18mpg, and I end up spending alot on fuel.....

yup... I've got a 745T 'swedish-brick', and premium fuel for the turbo-engine and at best 18-20mpg avg (last I checked it was about 16 mpg!)... it adds up quick :( Last I looked, premium was around $3.29 a gallon. But, I do have to say, overall I love the car.
I wouldn't mind checking out one of those new XC90's with turbo/supercharged 4 in it, been getting RAVE reviews all over in the US.

Not exactly as spritely off the line as one of my rotary engine cars from the past was, but definitely surprises everyone who rides in it :)

If and when I change rides, I'll probably look at either a Toyota RAV4 or a Subaru Forrester, 'cause I need the extra space to throw a couple of walkers, and hopefully WAY better mileage :( I just hope I can find one that isn't entirely gutless. I wonder if any of the WRX stuff works on Forresters?

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Thinking about some of my hero cars & I keep coming back to the HDT Brock Commodores. My brother was lucky enough to get his hands on 1 of 200 HDT Brock VK Group 3's made. Easily the toughest looking sedan of the 80's & unfortunately he sold it 15 years ago for relative peanuts compared to the value today.

800px-holden_commodore_vk_hdt_ss_group_3.jpg

This is the Group A "Blue Meanie" where they had to make 500 (502 in reality) to achieve homologation requirements. This owner is one very lucky man to have a pure unmolested one as there are very few still around. If you have a four minutes spare watch it.

What were your hero cars growing up?

Top Bottom