Cap Talk

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I never used a cap for the longest time... now there is no going back!

What are your favorite caps to use and why?
Terp Trunks, Bubbles, StormCell?

I have been meaning to get a Terp Trunk when I saw Gordo Scientific has stepped into the cap game with a pretty sophisticated offering based off his Rip Tide perc. Has anyone had any experience with it?

Gordo_Scientific_XXL_Riptide_Carb_Cap_5_large.JPG

Gn0sis

what's the size of the rip tide? Looking for something that can fit the 30mm Liger comfortably.

I need a good alternative to the Terp Trunks as I found out that they are very inconsistent.... I got ONE Terp Trunk carb cap that performs very well and have bought 5 more after hoping to find another one that fits the liger 30mm size, seals as well, and points down enough into the insert instead of at the banger wall.

Gn0sis,

ichibaneye

Vapriot, Traveler & Vaporizer/ing lover!
I'm going to go with the bubblecap version of this same one by him. It reaches deeper into the banger. I want this because it'll move the errl around correctly in the insert instead of just blowing into the upper banger walls like other shallower carbcaps do.

I recently watched some function video reviews on this, it got good reviews. Bonus is that it looks great too.

ichibaneye,

nbc

Ive been looking for some info on some caps but couldnt mind much with out sifting through multiple pages of various different product. I was thinking maybe we can use this this thread or something as a centralized place for folks who are looking for input on different caps? I wanted to share my experiences with some of the caps that i have.

All caps are currently being used on a 25mm Banger

Quartz Pi:
25mm (Version 1)

Cap is a little smaller, around 22mm all around. The Spout goes a little further down as the second Pi cap i have, but non the less works great. Has a tight seal on the Beveled edge banger that i have.

The only downside i would say for this cap since the spout sits lower, it seems to cool the banger faster. It also throws some of my material into the neck when taking larger dabs

25mm (Version 2)
Cap is a little bit larger than the first cap i got from Quartz Pi. This one is closer to 25mm all around. The spout is the same length, but since the bubble is a lit larger in diameter it sits a few mm higher than my first cap. My material doesnt seem to cool as fast on the banger now, as well keeping it out of the neck (for the most part.) Bigger dabs no matter what will find their way into the neck

Gordo Scientific x Highly Educated GTR Carb Cap
Great cap. Very quality and heady piece. For my set up found pearls spin better with just using 1 pearl. Has a very airy hit when leaving both holes open, so it seems like no matter what you need to have keep atleast one hole covered if you want more restriction. I like the fact I can use it as a traditional cap and a spinner, but when taking a hit it just seems like too much to do while im trying to clear my dab. Also with a 25MM banger it might be a little too small. I find the riptide constantly hitting the walls of my banger like there isnt enough room.

Gordo Scientific MiniTide
Surprisingly this turned out to be one of my favorite caps. It looks to be on the smaller side (23mm) and this thing is built solid. Gordo team does not play when it comes to quality. Though im used to taking hits with a traditional bubble cap this one seemed to grow on my when using 1 pearl. It spins fast enough to agitate the material and i still get long clean hits. My only issue with this cap is after im done, there is a circle puddle of the material in the middle of the banger (from when the pearls spin.)

Cajun Rick (Cajun0420)
This one is a pretty standard bubble cap. I wanted a crushed opal cap to match a custom bowl he made. Over all size is about 27mm ish. Its a bit later than my banger when sitting on top of it. Piece is made of great quality. This cap is more on the restrictive end, so i like to pull this guy out for certian applications

Amazon Knock off Riptide
The cap was maybe 10 dollars with shipping. Got here in 2 weeks. little to no restriction, but will still spin the pearls if you bust a lung or two. Worth it if you low on cash and wanna see some pearl spin!

Last edited:
Top Bottom