Canniburgers

satan

lucifer
I was pretty stoned last night, thought of a decent concept; putting weed into a burger and cooking it on the George Foreman. I've looked online and I can't really figure out if that would work or not. Using my ingenuity, I believe that the fat in the burger would absorb most of the THC but I'm not even sure. I just want to be able to cook it in with the ground chuck, I do not want to have to decarb it in the oven then cook or make cannabutter. Does anyone know from experience if it's possible to make weed burgers with a George Foreman, some seasoning and some ground beef?
Here are some of the links I found with recipes but nothing as simple as I want it to be:
http://www.theweedblog.com/how-to-make-marijuana-cheeseburgers/http://boards.cannabis.com/recipes/23262-pot-burgers.html
And something a little funny for my fellow cannibuddies
b9d86d_484713.jpg

Peloton

Vapes Hard
In theory, I believe it would work... but to what level of effectiveness is the question. The fat in the burgers is not near as much as say butter, or oil which is nearly 100% fat. If you're looking for something really easy (and not smelly while making, and tasty!) you should consider making a pan of cold infused brownies. If you do end up doing the burgers though let us know how it goes!

Peloton,

SD_haze

When you're cooking with THC, you want to avoid high direct heat like you'd get from the george foreman grill. For the same reason its recommended to bake edibles @ 325F instead of 350-375F.
If you want to maximize efficiency/effectiveness, you could:

-Make cannabutter or oil and just brush the hamburger bun when you assemble
-Make cannabutter/oil and turn it into a savory sauce for the burger (mayo, bbq, ketchup, etc)

If you were adding it directly to the burger meat, it might take 50%-200% more weed to get the same effect.

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I have to agree with SD here. I think you'd lose most of the goodies during cooking unless you put the weed in the very middle of a thick burger perhaps it would decarb but not overcook.

I'd be more inclined to make some sort of burger sauce with the goodies maybe ;) Or... take a shot of the dragon while eating the burger lolol.

Lo,

zymos

The minimum safe temp for cooking burgers , according to the gov. is about 160 F.
Well done is considered around 170 F.
You'd have to pretty much ruin your burger to get up to temps that would destroy the THC...

zymos,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I cook my burgers on a very hot grill - the outside of the burgers could reach 500 F over the flame but yeah...the middle doesn't get as hot of course unless you cook to shoe leather :D

Lo,

MG23

Relaxin'
Don't George Foreman grills visibly drain the liquid fat into a tray?
The fat being drained out would be full of actives, no?

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
I will concur with the last two posts that grilling is not an easy option for cooking with cannabis. If you are trying to get full effects, which most people want. Then baking and eating the entire extract, not just draining it off, would be a much more effective result.
I love the FC cooking with cannabis section. Can I get a recipe sub section.:popcorn:

bigtvapes

I was under the impression that cooking with THC and meat is always a bad idea because the fat cooks out. With cannabutter, you're cooking THC in concentrated fat for hours and hours. If you're grilling a burger, you're talking about a few minutes of cooking, and most of the THC would be laying in that plastic pan of grease at the bottom of your foreman grill.

Another issue is taste. Typically, sweet is the flavor you go for when cooking with bud. Savory can work but sweet is generally referred to as best. So I'm 100% with SD_Haze on this one. I'm thinking you go with a cannaoil BBQ Sauce recipee and do something along those lines. That way the sweetness of the sauce will cover up the taste.

I'd be interested in reading up on Caseball's meatball suggestion. I like that as I envision meatballs cooking in a crock pot for hours and hours, THC fat just swirling around the meat and sauce combo. Don't know if it works in reality, but that sounds like a better idea than a burger.
+1 on the recipee-only subsection btw

bigtvapes,

caseball2051

I dotn know if it would actually work, but the cooking times/temps match up close enough.

this is how i pictured it.

x amount of beef
bread crumbs
various spices
cannabis (for taste purposes id probably use fresh rather than AVB)
minced onions
minced green peppers
olive oil or other cooking oil

mix up, mash, mold the balls (thats what she said)

bake at 350 until done. (40-60min?)

if you really wanted to get fancy you could make cannabutter garlic bread

the logic makes sense, but i dont know how it would actually come together as a meal.

caseball2051,

satan

lucifer
Alright based on what I read online, I've come to a couple conclusions. Yes, most of the fat burns off into the plastic tray with burgers. However, what if I put the cannabis inside of a meat patty, like one layer patty, then the goodies, then more patty on top; cooked at around 300 degrees Fahrenheit or even 200 (which would take longer). I just cannot make butter or butter with sauces because of the smell, and the amount of greens needed. I honestly believe a gram or so per burger could potentially very well work. Regardless that the George Foreman removes most of the fat, wouldn't it in theory remain in the burger if it is on the inside, getting mushed into the meat on both ends of the patty? I really just want to taste a delicious weed burger :lol:

satan,

StickyShisha2

have you ever made your own sausages? you get to use quality ingredients, not the lips and assholes of factory food (see pink slime).

i might try making med-franks and let you know the outcome.

StickyShisha2,

bigtvapes

The THC is in the fat, my friend. The issue isn't that you won't get any THC in your burger. It'll be there. But 90% of the bud you'd be using on this burger would go to waste. That's why we're all saying it's not worth it.

Sausages might work. The thing for me is taste. Typically, sweet goes with the flavor of bud. I've been typically advised against cooking with meat by those who have more experience than me, because 1) the fat cooks out and 2) it makes everything taste like shit.

As we all know taste combinations is everything. I love me some fruit loops. I don't like fruit loops in my diet coke though.

bigtvapes,
Reactions: MG23

satan

lucifer
Alright I'm thinking of a decent plan, thin patty, cheese, weed, cheese, thin patty. I doubt all the fat in the cheese will be wasted. Or am I just really bad at this?

satan,

bigtvapes

Again, the issue is the shit dripping out of the burger, which is a whole lot more than what'll be left. When you make cannabutter or cannaoil, there's very little waste. The goodies are in the butter or or the oil.

If you put bud in your burger, the THC WILL def cook into the fat if you can cook it long enough, the problem is the drippy stuff will be where most of your goodies are. And you can't really do anything with the drippy stuff, at least not anything I care to know about.

satan

lucifer
fair enough. Irregardless, I tried half a gram in my idea but did it on the stove top and got most of the grease soaked into the burger, and then smoked the other half of gram. We will see, if my high remains longer than usual then you all owe me a cookie.

satan,

caseball2051

im fairly certain youre going to come back dissappointed :\

another option you could try is baking your cannabis in the oven and then adding it to the meat. if its already decarbed, the heat and fat content should not matter. this is if im understanding decarboxylation correctly.

it will most likely smell during the bake though. :(

caseball2051,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
fair enough. Irregardless, I tried half a gram in my idea but did it on the stove top and got most of the grease soaked into the burger, and then smoked the other half of gram. We will see, if my high remains longer than usual then you all owe me a cookie.
Irregardless is not a word!!! :)

I would try to put RAW cannabis juice on the top of the burger after its been cooked :)

m0sh,

satan

lucifer
Well, I can confidently say I wasn't sober at all yesterday; not thanks to the burger or anything. As soon as I get my hands on some trim, I'll be able to experiment more with the burgers, I just feel bad using actual bud. And making butter seems like it'd be out of the picture as well.

satan,
Top Bottom