1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

CannaFlour

Discussion in 'Cooking with Cannabis' started by Vicki, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

CannaFlour

CannaFlour offers an easy and versatile way to incorporate cannabis into many recipes. Since CannaFlour should be made right before using, the trick is to have the cannabis ready ahead of time. It is important to make sure that the cannabis you use is very dry so that when ground it will match the consistency of the flour.

Time Required: 10 minutes

What You Need:

• coffee grinder
    • dried cannabis
    • flour (Use whatever flour your recipe calls for, or whatever your diet restriction allows: all-purpose, whole-wheat, bread, cake, gluten-free, organic, etc…)
    • glass jar with lid
    Steps:

1. Remove all stems and seeds from the dried cannabis. Grind cannabis in coffee grinder until it turns into a powder. You may have to repeat this step a few times.
    2. Keep cannabis powder in an airtight container and store in a cool, dry place until ready to use.
    3. Sift the cannabis powder and flour together until it is mixed evenly. For best results never use more cannabis than you use flour; keep the ratio 50-50 or less.
    4. Use cannaflour in recipes just as you would regular flour. (Note: The shelf-life of cannaflour is less than 24 hours.)

grokit, Seren, farscaper and 4 others like this.
  2. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Am I the only one that thinks this is so much easier than using Cannabutter, circumstances permitting?

3. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

After grinding the cannabis into flour, you don't need to toast it in a crock pot for an hour on low heat? I saw the website bakingafoolofmyself and it shows how to make cannabis flour and it calls for toasting the cannabis in a crockpot for an hour on low heat. It shows several recipes.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  4. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Not according to this recipe. If you used this flour to make, say, banana nut bread. You would have plenty of fat because of the butter/oil, and the fact that it would bake almost 45 minutes.

farscaper, SSVUN~YAH and CarolKing like this.
  5. Lo

Lo Combustion free since '09

Agree, if the flour is going into a recipe that is going to be baked there is no reason to decarb prior to baking the actual recipe IMHO.

SSVUN~YAH, CarolKing and Vicki like this.
  6. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I forget to add this important ratio:

1/2 cup finely ground cannabis for every one cup of flour.

***I'm not sure exactly how many grams is in half a cup because I have not made this recipe yet.

7. Lo

lol... I honestly prefer to only post recipes that I have tried or have 100% faith in them being tried & true ;)

Bouldorado and thesoloman like this.
  8. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I'll stop posting recipes. I was just trying to give people some variety. I apologize.

9. Lo

lol.. No worries really. It's just a personal preference of mine to share ones that I've tried and were successful. You might just add a disclaimer that it isn't a recipe you've tested if that is the case. At least someone might come along and play guinea pig...and report back.

I've found a few recipes online that sounded great on paper but didn't transfer in real life so well ;)

Bouldorado and beach bum like this.
  10. nopartofme

nopartofme Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, Vicki. I never go hunting for recipes myself, so I enjoy seeing interesting sounding ones pop up here even if they haven't been personally tested yet. :)

11. beach bum

beach bum Member

Vicki, I like the recipes and hope you continue to post. I would also request you consider adding a note at the bottom indicating whether or not you had tried the recipe. I think new ideas here are great, but would want to know if somebody had actually successfully made the item before considering the expense of making something I hadn't tried previously.

Lo and Vicki like this.
  12. Been Vapin

Been Vapin Crushing it for years

Please continue to post em

Vicki likes this.
  13. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

That's a good idea. I'll do that from now on @beach bum

beach bum and Lo like this.
  14. beach bum

beach bum Member

Thanks Vicki! I'll continue to look for your culinary suggestions! :clap: