Cannador

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I got one of these about a month ago after finding out about them in an Herbalizer email, and I adore it! I got the cosmetic cheap one and see nothing off putting about it. I'm on the road now, so can't post any pics, etc, but I wanted to say I really like it. It completely keeps the smell in and the room fills with yummy herb smell when I open it up. It has four jars and a humidity pack that I soak in water about once a week.

The other thing I like is it does condition the herbs. I put a special nugget in there that I had been saving for way too long. Two weeks later it was like new with just the right amount of firmness to it and smelled better. Made for a good celebration when I finally used it!

I've been using JyARz for years, and this is the only container I have used since. I now use my JyARz for travel and holding ground herbs, so they still get used plenty, and they make a great compliment to the Cannador.

Here's the one I got...

https://cannador.com/product/4-strain-cannador-with-nook-classic

°k

The sound of vapor
A cigar box with a humidor and a few glass jars labelled for cannabis with a bumped price or am I missing something?

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
A cigar box with a humidor and a few glass jars labelled for cannabis with a bumped price or am I missing something?
Yes you are missing something :)
Cigars humis have cedar which imparts a flavor that is perfect for cigars but not for your weed.
Cannador uses mahogany which does not impart any flavor to the weed.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The maker is going through the status process. Once he gets here I'm pretty sure you will be impressed with his knowledge. Questions will be answered!

Baron23

Yes you are missing something :)
Cigars humis have cedar which imparts a flavor that is perfect for cigars but not for your weed.
Cannador uses mahogany which does not impart any flavor to the weed.
Yes, a point we debated and I conceded that you were entirely right and I was entirely wrong!. LOL

Last edited:
Baron23,
Reactions: Silat

Silat

Yes, a point we debated and I conceded that you were entirely right. LOL

Hey it was no debate:) It was a discussion. Believe me, you have helped me immensely on some issues.

Silat,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Cannador uses mahogany . . .
Funny but looking at the website the choice is between walnut or cherry . . . :hmm:

The cannador website said:
Made of 100% genuine solid walnut and cherry wood that's been sustainably forested, this medium sized 4-Strain Cannador®

t-dub,

crazferret

I got one of these about a month ago after finding out about them in an Herbalizer email, and I adore it! I got the cosmetic cheap one and see nothing off putting about it. I'm on the road now, so can't post any pics, etc, but I wanted to say I really like it. It completely keeps the smell in and the room fills with yummy herb smell when I open it up. It has four jars and a humidity pack that I soak in water about once a week.

I just snapped this one up....

https://cannador.com/product/6-strain-cannador

The product has been on my radar for quite some time. It arrived yesterday. I wiped the interior with a wet cloth and the humidity bead system 1/4 of the way in distilled water as per the instructions.

Now the 3-5 day wait begins.

There's really nothing to measure the humidity. Am I supposed to just trust what I have done, put my stash in and wait to see the results? I'm sure it will all be fine. I did think about pre-ordering the BluStream Hygrometer and App, but that seems like a bit much.

Any tips on your experience? It all seems pretty straight forward, but I figure I should ask.

crazferret,
Reactions: Cannador

Silat

I just snapped this one up....

https://cannador.com/product/6-strain-cannador

The product has been on my radar for quite some time. It arrived yesterday. I wiped the interior with a wet cloth and the humidity bead system 1/4 of the way in distilled water as per the instructions.

Now the 3-5 day wait begins.

There's really nothing to measure the humidity. Am I supposed to just trust what I have done, put my stash in and wait to see the results? I'm sure it will all be fine. I did think about pre-ordering the BluStream Hygrometer and App, but that seems like a bit much.

Any tips on your experience? It all seems pretty straight forward, but I figure I should ask.

I have been using this hygrometer for years. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055QM9V...UTF8&colid=190MEWW4J7TI4&coliid=I1FIADV9REJXL

And then search youtube with these words: hygrometer salt test

abcd5432

I though the cannador held a LOT More bud than I thought it did. I thought each cup in the 6 strain held 1 ounce. Instead it holds a lot less than that. How much bud do you think it would hold total crazferret?

abcd5432,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Each of my four jars holds 1/4 comfortably. So the whole thing will hold an ounce (my 4 cup version).

@crazferret - @Silat is right, you can add your own hygrometer if you like. I've talked to the company several times and they have told me as long as I keep the bead system hydrated as instructed I don't need a hygrometer...it's up to me if I want it. I have really enjoyed the results so far as instructed without it. Just keep your eye on the beads, and when they get white it's time to rehydrate them. It happens quicker the more you open the Cannador. I'm in a humid area that requires less hydration than some other climates.

I was able to detect how well it keeps the smell contained pretty readily. It took me several weeks to appreciate the condition my herbs are in with it.

Silat

Each of my four jars holds 1/4 comfortably. So the whole thing will hold an ounce (my 4 cup version).

@crazferret - @Silat is right, you can add your own hygrometer if you like. I've talked to the company several times and they have told me as long as I keep the bead system hydrated as instructed I don't need a hygrometer...it's up to me if I want it. I have really enjoyed the results so far as instructed without it. Just keep your eye on the beads, and when they get white it's time to rehydrate them. It happens quicker the more you open the Cannador. I'm in a humid area that requires less hydration than some other climates.

I was able to detect how well it keeps the smell contained pretty readily. It took me several weeks to appreciate the condition my herbs are in with it.

Just a tip from my experience. I would never ever dip my beads in the distilled water. I use a mist bottle to spray them as needed. And the use of a hygrometer helps you determine when the beads lose their mojo. Granted that can be years but without a hygrometer you would not know when they became ineffective.

Cannador

Manufacturer
Just a tip from my experience. I would never ever dip my beads in the distilled water. I use a mist bottle to spray them as needed. And the use of a hygrometer helps you determine when the beads lose their mojo. Granted that can be years but without a hygrometer you would not know when they became ineffective.

The reason why it's best to use distilled water is because it doesn't have any softeners like those found in tap water (like chlorine or fluoride) that will damage the beads. I dip half the beads in water and the digital hygrometer reads 62% after a day or so and then falls back to the mid 50's, which is perfect.

Silat

The reason why it's best to use distilled water is because it doesn't have any softeners like those found in tap water (like chlorine or fluoride) that will damage the beads. I dip half the beads in water and the digital hygrometer reads 62% after a day or so and then falls back to the mid 50's, which is perfect.

Did you misread my post?
I support distilled water:)
I just do not dip my beads. I mist them.

wrigleyvillain

A Song of Ice and Vapor
Nice units.

+1 for distilled or at least run through a Brita or something. Not just softeners but can all kinds of other crap in tap water that morons put down the drains incl prescription drugs.

wrigleyvillain,

Cannador

Manufacturer
Did you misread my post?
I support distilled water:)
I just do not dip my beads. I mist them.
Thanks for the clarification. If misting works for you that's great. The one thing we strongly emphasize for new users is to not dunk the whole bead case in water. The beads themselves won't allow the RH to get too high because of the volume, but if the bead case is over-saturated for a prolonged period, it can get moldy. We've seen this in isolated cases of people who fully submerged their bead case more than we advised. If you saturate or mist or dip, it's best to let them turn white again before rehydrating. Bud doesn't need that much moisture anyways, just enough to bring out the terps!

crazferret

I did a quarter dip per the instructions. Will likely mist from here on out. I ordered the Blustream Hygrometer and App to keep things stable. Looking forward to getting it, but things seem perfect so far. Totally brought some of my stuff back from the dead.

crazferret,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

Cannador

Manufacturer
I did a quarter dip per the instructions. Will likely mist from here on out. I ordered the Blustream Hygrometer and App to keep things stable. Looking forward to getting it, but things seem perfect so far. Totally brought some of my stuff back from the dead.
Excellent! Keep us posted if you have any questions about the Blustream and linking with your phone or setting it up. It's a fun little gizmo.

Cannador,
Reactions: VegNVape

stickstones

Vapor concierge
So I've had my Cannador for three months now and it has become indispensable for me. I think it is an excellent purchase for any serious vaporist, or anyone usually having several strains at the same time, and for the herb connoisseur. I'm noticing all my strains are coming out of the Cannador with the same consistency. The herbs are dry and crackly, but they don't fall apart into dust. They pull apart and hold their form, and grind perfectly for our purposes. I still don't understand the humidity points and all, but I don't have to since the Cannador does it for me. I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but the herbs love it!

Mulehead

Classy looking storage option.
Does the drawer lock as well on the drawer units?

Mulehead,
Top Bottom