• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis vs 'Harvoni' for Hepatitis C results.

VapeDaddyVape

Anyone out there has had to make a decision on 1 or the other for treatment of Hep C? I have been vaping for 7+ years with no abnormal liver tests. I'm a grade 3, Stage 4 liver damage(cirrhosis) on biopsy. My question is until recently I have been doing ok until a couple of weeks ago & had a flare up, nausea, vomiting etc. & was hospitalized. ALT = 1000 & AST = 700+ & viral load of 2 million. Has anybody, close to My stats, used Harvoni with any success? Is it worth not vaping for almost a year to go through this protocol?

VapeDaddyVape,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Why is not using marijuana a factor in whether or not you can use the Harvoni?

I know of someone who went through that treatment successfully and during it used medical marijuana. In fact, the eligibility for the medicinal mj was because of the diagnosis. Is this just an insurance thing? And if so, have you considered Sovaldi as an alternative?

momofthegoons,
Reactions: steama

VapeDaddyVape

Insurance & Gilead(maker of Harvoni) both say they will not give Me the drug as long as I test positive for cannabis. Also I live in a state where it is still illegal!

VapeDaddyVape,
Reactions: steama

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Such bullshit. :disgust: It helps tremendously with the side effects of treatment.

I haven't taken the 'new' treatment, but did do the interferon/ribaviron for 6 months. MJ made it doable for me. But, if faced with the possibility of being able to kick Hep but having to stop my mmj usage? You can do anything for 6 months. Even not use marijuana. ;)

Top Bottom