Cannabis: Vape Stuff ratio

HomeFree

I have been vaping only for a year and a half now, and have pegged my cannabis budget at about $25-30/month, some months more if I need more and vape equipment around the same. I shoot for about $1 a day for all things vape that are not cannabis itself.

So right around 1:1 for me. I always thought it were silly to spend a bunch of cash on tools when my cannabis budget has historically been about a dollar or two a day, but I am finding out it is worth it for sure.

Maybe I should have put this into vape equipment instead, or even vaporization discussion? Kind of a square peg thread.

EverythingsHazy

What exactly do you have to keep buying, besides the bud itself? A nice vape, a glass piece with all the necessary connectors, and a pack of screens, can all be had for under $300, and will last years if cared for. A couple bottles of iso alcohol, some table salt, and maybe a bottle of cranberry extract ever several months, should be all you need to repeatedly buy.

HomeFree

It seems like many people here are die hard vaporists and have extensive collections of vaporizers and glass as well as accessories (VAS/GAS). It's nice to get a new vape every once in a while for a change or if one breaks down or stops performing well, same with glass.

How long will the vape last or before you yearn for a new one? How long will it be before your glass breaks or you no longer like it as much? I figured it would be a fun topic, but maybe it is a stupid question.

Hopefully none of my vapes ever bite the dust! But I doubt any will last a lifetime, unless my lifetime was very short.

So you are saying your cannabis:vape stuff ratio is high? To me the journey is just as interesting as the destination. So I set aside about a dollar a day for vape stuff. When I smoked I used to be happy with a $20 spoon pipe or some papers.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Some folks I think consider themselves as collectors and it's like a hobby as well as a medicating tool. You can always sell your stuff, or give it away.

The price of cannabis costs way more from Midwest to the East Coast of the U.S

The cannabis is a necessity it's our medicine for some of us.:leaf::2c:

Last edited:

EverythingsHazy

It seems like many people here are die hard vaporists and have extensive collections of vaporizers and glass as well as accessories (VAS/GAS). It's nice to get a new vape every once in a while for a change or if one breaks down or stops performing well, same with glass.

How long will the vape last or before you yearn for a new one? How long will it be before your glass breaks or you no longer like it as much? I figured it would be a fun topic, but maybe it is a stupid question.

Hopefully none of my vapes ever bite the dust! But I doubt any will last a lifetime, unless my lifetime was very short.

So you are saying your cannabis:vape stuff ratio is high? To me the journey is just as interesting as the destination. So I set aside about a dollar a day for vape stuff. When I smoked I used to be happy with a $20 spoon pipe or some papers.

It's not a stupid question. I was just wondering if you had some kind of setup that required you to replace parts often, or if you were just enjoying the act of collecting new vapes and accessories.

That said, while collecting new vapes and glass pieces is always fun, once you find one that is very satisfying, you may very well lose most of your GAS/VAS symptoms. Or at least get them under control.

I've spent a lot on vapes, because I started with an No2 (pretty good, but not in use anymore since I don't vape outside, and desktop vapes work much better for me), a Volcano Digit (needs to be fixed actually, but it makes delicious bags of vapor. Not great at conserving herb though), and currently, an E-Nano. I have to say that the E-nano paired with a gb-186/fc-1000 is satisfying enough that I haven't bought a new vape in almost a year since getting this combo, and don't have a list of wants (in terms of vapes) anymore. Not to say I'll never get something new. I most likely will lol, but the spending on Cannabis:Vaporizer(Acessories) ratio is pretty much all Cannabis now.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Im just getting into vaping so my cannabis:vape stuff ratio is probably 1:3. That number will drop dramatically soon, as I bought several vapes recently, and there's really only one more I'm interested in and I don't plan on purchasing it for a while.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Been through all the stages, and now there is some interest of new products but I have tried so many and to this day I continue to find that while many vapes come and go, the Lotus and the Nano will ALWAYS be in my collection. They are simply "never fail" devices that are extremely effective.

HomeFree

I have only been vaping completely since I think March of last year. I did not factor in the sale of my Solo to a friend, recalculated and I am at 35% vape stuff and 65% cannabis. I am sure as the years progress the vape expenditures will decrease. I did break my bubbler though, was bummed out. Still have not got a new one. I try to source decent quality cannabis at a low cost to me (used to be basically free) so my cannabis expenditures are not incredibly high either. But there has been times I spent more in a month than I generally do in a year as well. I am grateful I have not fallen that ill for a good while now.

So I am sure it depends on what stage a person is in as well. Well put FlyingLow.

Top Bottom