Cannabis seminar on now

MinnBobber

Green Flower Health Summit on now, Steve DeAngelo from Harborside.
Lunch break about to start now.

He is great and his mantra is there is no recreational cannabis use---with the discovery of the Endocannabinoid System, it is all medical. And using cannabis to supplement our ECS is not a privilege, it is a basic human right.
Right on Steve.

EverythingsHazy

He is great and his mantra is there is no recreational cannabis use---with the discovery of the Endocannabinoid System, it is all medical. And using cannabis to supplement our ECS is not a privilege, it is a basic human right.
Right on Steve.
I do believe that everyone should be allowed to ingest whatever they want, responsibly, and so long as it won't cause them to endanger others.

I don't agree that all Cannabis use is "medical use". By that logic, all opioid and amphetamine use would also be "medical use", even if it's only used to get high for fun, just because they both have medical potential.

Everything has medical effects, be it good or bad, but the terms "medical use" and "recreational use" refer to the intention behind the use.

MinnBobber

I don't agree that all Cannabis use is "medical use". By that logic, all opioid and amphetamine use would also be "medical use", even if it's only used to get high for fun, just because they both have medical potential.

Everything has medical effects, be it good or bad, but the terms "medical use" and "recreational use" refer to the intention behind the use.
.................................................................................................................

Anything you take that provides medical benefits should be called wellness/medical use WHETHER OT NOT YOU INTENDED TO OBTAIN MEDICAL BENEFITS.
You seem to be thinking a a dichotomy, X or Y, but it ain't so simple :)
Taking cannabis will always be medical use/ therapeutic use/wellness use/ preventative med use BECAUSE it provides these 100's or 1,0000s of preventative and corrective benefits to your body/mind/spirit.

Now that's not the end as one can then talk about possible co-existing rec use or not. If one evening you have cannabis which is going to your glaucoma, your arthritis, your headache , your unknown to you small cancer tumor, etc but you are going out dancing---OK, today there is a big rec use component.
Rec use is more situational and intent.
Medical use happens whether you wanted it or not, just nature's big bonus.
There is a whole continuum of combination rec PLUS med use

NOTE; you should really check out Steve D's video sometime or book(s) as the "Rec vs Med" false labeling is really not good for the cannabis movement. There should be/needs to be one classif and that is wellness use. Cannabis use is not a privilege (which you beg a govt to give) but cannabis use is a basic "medical right".
I should not have to prove I meet some disease requirement if I wish to use the best natural medicine for preventing med problems. My body and med decisions need to belong to me.

Like I said, I don't like the med/rec designation as it sort of pits cannabis user against cannabis user when we should be united in our fight with the "world is flat" anti-cannabis folks.

For your example: if you take an opioid to get high but it happens to also take away a pinched nerve pain, you are getting a combination of rec use and med use. The HUGE difference is that the opioid has a tiny list of potential med benefits and a huge list of potential med negatives while the cannabis has positive column that's 1,000,000 X the opioid and a neg column that's 0.0000000000000001 times the opioids'. The rec/med mix on the continuum would be way more rec % and the potential neg list would be huge/

Peace, out, wellness to all

Last edited:
MinnBobber,
Reactions: C No Ego

EverythingsHazy

.................................................................................................................

Anything you take that provides medical benefits should be called wellness/medical use WHETHER OT NOT YOU INTENDED TO OBTAIN MEDICAL BENEFITS.
You seem to be thinking a a dichotomy, X or Y, but it ain't so simple :)
Taking cannabis will always be medical use/ therapeutic use/wellness use/ preventative med use BECAUSE it provides these 100's or 1,0000s of preventative and corrective benefits to your body/mind/spirit.

Now that's not the end as one can then talk about possible co-existing rec use or not. If one evening you have cannabis which is going to your glaucoma, your arthritis, your headache , your unknown to you small cancer tumor, etc but you are going out dancing---OK, today there is a big rec use component.
Rec use is more situational and intent.
Medical use happens whether you wanted it or not, just nature's big bonus.
There is a whole continuum of combination rec PLUS med use

NOTE; you should really check out Steve D's video sometime or book(s) as the "Rec vs Med" false labeling is really not good for the cannabis movement. There should be/needs to be one classif and that is wellness use. Cannabis use is not a privilege (which you beg a govt to give) but cannabis use is a basic "medical right".
I should not have to prove I meet some disease requirement if I wish to use the best natural medicine for preventing med problems. My body and med decisions need to belong to me.

Like I said, I don't like the med/rec designation as it sort of pits cannabis user against cannabis user when we should be united in our fight with the "world is flat" anti-cannabis folks.

For your example: if you take an opioid to get high but it happens to also take away a pinched nerve pain, you are getting a combination of rec use and med use. The HUGE difference is that the opioid has a tiny list of potential med benefits and a huge list of potential med negatives while the cannabis has positive column that's 1,000,000 X the opioid and a neg column that's 0.0000000000000001 times the opioids'.

Peace, out, wellness to all
The terms "medical use" and "recreational use" refer to why you're using it (intent), and not the effects it has on you.

If you were to consider the consumption of everything that has a medical effect on you to be "medical use" of that substance, then eating would always be "medical use" of food. People don't consider eating for pleasure to be "medical use".

That's not really the point of those terms, though. The point is to differentiate whether the substance is being consumed for fun/pleasure or for treating a legitimate medical ailment.

If someone is a heroin addict and gets high, and also happens to have stubbed their toe earlier that day, and the pain goes away along with th getting high, I don't consider that "medical use" of heroin.

If someone just had surgery, and is given an opiate to help control the pain caused by having their body cut apart a few hours/days ago, I would consider that medical use.

If you use Cannabis because you can't sleep without a medical aid, or because you can't eat due to your chemotherapy, I would consider that medical use.

If you use it so that snacks taste better, music has more depth, and your cartoons seem funnier, I would consider that recreational use.

I think that people who ignore the fact that Cannabis is as much a recreational drug as it is a treatment for certain ailments make the Cannabis movement look like it's full of people making excuses for its legality.

That's like those who say they're "medicating" or "medicated" instead of vaporizing/smoking or getting buzzed/high/stoned. That comes across as nonsense to almost everyone aside from those who say that. The word "medicated" isn't a description of how you feel. It just means that you have medicine in you. You weren't "very medicated last night" when you used Cannabis, any more than you were "very medicated last night" when you got drunk.

Using those terms, and acting like there isn't any purely recreational aspect to Cannabis use, makes it seem like it would be bad if it was used just for fun, which sets the movement back. It should be legal regardless of your reason for use, not because it has benefits, but because the government shouldn't restrict what you ingest, so long as you do so responsibly, and it doesn't cause you to be a danger or nuisance to others.

EverythingsHazy,

MinnBobber

So we agree to disagree as I see (like Steve D) the terms "medical" and "recreational" as divisive and the term "recreational" has very negative connotations to most.

That's why a singular term like "wellness" is needed. Taking cannabis to have fun, is taking cannabis to feel good/better, it is for "wellness". Billions $$ are spent on "anti-depressants" and what's the opposite of depressed--- that would be feeling good/ having fun. Using cannabis for having fun IS for wellness.

So stop using the the neg term of "rec use" ????
IMO, states that have rec and med programs should rename to something like "medical" and "legal adult use" to get rid of the neg rec connotation, that it's ONLY for rec purposes so therefore not as valuable / not as worthy of a program.
And, the term "medical" is not great either as it currently implies strict med defined conditions. What if my med use is not in my States' meager list of med conditions? Is it still medical then?

"Wellness use" is much more open-ended , as it should be, where it's for physical/mental/emotional/spiritual use.
Cannabis can make you feel better and that is "wellness" so I wish med vs rec would go away :)

Over and out,
legalize wellness use of cannabis for all, it's a human right that needs to be restored :)

C No Ego

the difference in medical cannabis and recreational cannabis = Viewpoint

@EverythingsHazy Socrates stated the most important Fact- let food be thy medicine... a philosophy I personally live with every time I consciously think of sustenance and that entering my temple body... I pray to know what is bets for me... this has led down a road of better health better conciuousness and understanding..
to prove food as medical= stop eating and look how your health suffers,,,, why are we even having this conversation...... What?

C No Ego,

EverythingsHazy

the difference in medical cannabis and recreational cannabis = Viewpoint

@EverythingsHazy Socrates stated the most important Fact- let food be thy medicine... a philosophy I personally live with every time I consciously think of sustenance and that entering my temple body... I pray to know what is bets for me... this has led down a road of better health better conciuousness and understanding..
to prove food as medical= stop eating and look how your health suffers,,,, why are we even having this conversation...... What?
Who actually considers food medicine, though? Almost nobody. When the doctor asks if you're taking any medication, nobody says, "I eat every day".

EverythingsHazy,

MinnBobber

Who actually considers food medicine, though? Almost nobody. When the doctor asks if you're taking any medication, nobody says, "I eat every day".
.................................................................................
I consider food as "wellness intake" aka natural medicine. This morning I had slow cooked steelcut oats for their beneficial slow release, with blueberries for their phyto-benefits , and papaya for its anti- inflammation effect (for my hurtin' plantar fasciitis feet), plus turmeric powder anti-inflammation "combo" ( turmeric plus black pepper for much increased bio-availability and half & half for the fat carrier which enables intake via the lymphatic system). And a little brown sugar, for not much med value but it tastes good :)
Just a bowl of breakfast cereal or a bowl/dose of healthy natural meds to start the day off on a positive note??

My other meals are probably not so health oriented/planned.

Another example might be my "cup of tea". Is it just a cup of tea or wellness preventative medicine??
I got into green tea just cuz the reports on its health value so Kenyan loose leaf green tea with some chopped fresh ginger root for anti-inflammation and bruised fresh basil leaf go into the tea ball. I recently discovered that basil has been considered a medicine for centuries and adding some is eazy peazy ;)
A healthy cup of tea can also be a good tasting treat as medicine does not have to taste like medicine...

Regarding what doctors ask patients: IMO they should be asking patients what they eat along with what meds they take.
You are what you eat..... will that statement make it over to "taken out of context thread" ? ;)
The science of what foods/herbs/spices have for medical value is fascinating, along with the science of the ECS system in all vertebrates!

MinnBobber,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

People who need nursing back to health from a [poor diet.. Who actually is a conscious breather @ every breath. some people, I try @ all times

Food is an alchemical experience.. if you are going to change It from what it is into what you need to remain as I'd say that is quite medical.. if you do not sustain you wither away... WTH

@MinnBobber sorry to blah out @ your cool thread... peace out

Last edited:
Top Bottom