1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannabis News

Discussion in 'Cannabis News and Activism' started by vtac, Jun 26, 2008.

1. seaofgreens

seaofgreens My Mind Is Free

Fellahs... This is one of my favorite threads on FC. Lets not get it shut down please.

2. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Yep. "lets politely discuss politics" threads never last. Besides, this is a topic specific thread, not a politics thread.

CuckFumbustion and His_Highness like this.
  3. florduh

florduh Well-Known Member

Apologies. I'll avoid commenting on Trump related articles from now on as it causes more harm than good. Unfortunately the time to edit my posts has passed.

I really did try to keep my comments related to the news article originally posted, but it did quickly devolve into a political discussion. Won't happen again.

On a lighter note:

Cops claim mice ate half a ton of marijuana

In Argentina, cops claimed that the 1,200 pounds of cannabis that disappeared was eaten by mice. A local University chimed in to say there is no way mice would mistake marijuana for food. The cops were fired, but I think they'll find a way to cheer themselves up.

4. TeeJay1952

TeeJay1952 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Usual Suspects

5. Polarbearboy

Polarbearboy Tokin' Away Since 1968

6. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

7. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

Trump is backing off the marijuana fight. Jeff Sessions has not.

Marijuana has enjoyed some head winds lately, even as regulating it faces an uncertain future in the Trump administration.

Over the past week, Trump promised not to go after marijuana suppliers and users who are obeying their state laws, former House speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, announced his formerly icy views toward the drug have thawed, and top Senate Republican Mitch McConnell pushed harder for legalizing the farming of hemp, pot’s non-psychoactive relative.

cpk, CuckFumbustion, grokit and 4 others like this.
  8. macbill

Bipartisan Bills Would Allow VA to Research Marijuana, Recruit Doctors Earlier
    A bipartisan group of lawmakers are pushing to allow the Veterans Affairs Department to conduct research into medical marijuana, saying it could help former military personnel suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and chronic pain.

The top lawmakers on the House Veterans Affairs Committee joined more than 30 colleagues in introducing the 2018 VA Medicinal Cannabis Act (H.R. 5520) on Tuesday.

9. macbill

10. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Yeah, I've never been a fan of the idea of being offered a large bowl of shit to eat, and a small bowl of shit to eat, and being told that I should be happy that I have the choice to eat a lot less shit in the smaller bowl, and that I should appreciate that much at least...when I'd really rather put cereal with milk in the bowl because I don't want to eat shit at all.

11. Helios

Helios Well-Known Member

12. florduh

I've never been a fan of it either. But recent events have taught me you're going to eat a bowl of shit no matter what, so maybe it's best to do your part to ensure it's the smaller bowl of shit.

CuckFumbustion and Ramahs like this.
  13. macbill

Marijuana-based drug gets positive review from US agency

British drugmaker GW Pharmaceuticals is seeking permission to sell its purified form of an ingredient found in cannabis — one that doesn't get users high — as a medication for rare, hard-to-treat seizures in children. If successful, the company's liquid formula would be the first government-approved drug derived from the cannabis plant in the U.S.

14. tepictoton

tepictoton Well-Known Member

CuckFumbustion, grokit and macbill like this.
  15. macbill

Sen. Chuck Schumer to introduce bill to “decriminalize” marijuana

The Minority Leader of the Senate is making it official the day before 4/20: He’s down with legal weed.

In an exclusive interview with VICE News, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) confirmed he is putting his name on legislation that he said is aimed at “decriminalizing” marijuana at the federal level.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Boehner Benefits From Pot. Blacks Are in Prison for Using It.
    A decade ago, an undercover police officer approached Mr. Winslow, a homeless black man, and asked for help buying marijuana. Mr. Winslow desperately needed the money, so he helped the officer buy two dime bags for a $5 profit. For that, he is serving life without parole for distribution of marijuana in the infamous Angola prison.

Last week, Mr. Boehner announced that he will join the board of Acreage Holdings, a marijuana cultivation and distribution company, citing the drug’s therapeutic benefits for veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder. This is the same John Boehner who declared himself “unalterably opposed” to legalization in 2011 and who voted to prohibit medical marijuana in the District of Columbia in 1999.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  16. florduh

Excellent news. I hope the bill makes it to a full vote on the floor of the Senate. Get every Senator on the record with their stance on this. Then vote accordingly in November.

This is sort of historic. The Minority Leader of the United States Senate just called for weed to be decriminalized. Times sure are changin'

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  17. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

There may be negative repercussions suffered on your part if you don't eat it, but you can still decide to not eat the shit if you don't want to. No one can force you to eat it.

CuckFumbustion likes this.
  18. macbill

420 Day: Top 16 most popular medical marijuana strains

420 Day is here and many people around the country are getting ready to smoke, vape and eat marijuana in its many forms. Now that California, Oregon, Colorado and other states have some form of marijuana legalization, there are a lot of choices of strains of the plant to enjoy. Here are some of the most popular marijuana strains according to the staff at Cobra Extracts, a company that specializes in cannabis oil for vaping.

19. florduh

If I'm understanding this correctly, Schumer can force a vote on the Senate floor if 30 Senators support him. He will easily get this.

The decriminalization of Cannabis will be voted on in the United States Senate.

Happy 4/20 y'all!

20. CuckFumbustion

CuckFumbustion Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

An Epilepsy related drug that is cannabis based. Approved by the FDA. Cannabis is technically a schedule 1 still now? :hmm: I.E. -no health benefits? Well you understand that this might be the tipping point perhaps? Happy 4/20 y'all. or is it $420 now? :peace:
    FDA committee recommends cannabis-based drug

Nooky72, hd_rider, MinnBobber and 3 others like this.
  21. macbill

Miracle drug or the devil’s lettuce?

First of all, the correct name is cannabis, and 29 states and the District have laws that legalize it in broad ways (and 17 others in very limited ways). Two major TV producers and an Oscar winner made a sunny sitcom about it. Legal U.S. sales are expected to top $11 billion this year, according to industry tracker BDS Analytics. And big names among both Republicans and Democrats favor rolling back federal regulations against it.

But the science lags behind the movement, largely because studying cannabis is so difficult. Truth is, there’s a lot science doesn’t know.

Helios, Ramahs, cybrguy and 1 other person like this.
  22. macbill

You could make $70,000 right out of college with a degree in marijuana studies

The University of Northern Michigan is offering a degree that may catch the eye of marijuana enthusiasts: medicinal plant chemistry. And apparently it pays.

"All of our graduates are going to be qualified to be analysts in a lab setting," Brandon Canfield, the associate professor of analytical chemistry who started the program, tells CNBC Make It. That could lead to a position that pays $70,000 right out of school, he adds.

shredder and His_Highness like this.
  23. His_Highness

His_Highness In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Adobewan, steama, Newcastle and 3 others like this.
  24. shredder

shredder Well-Known Member

So do they practice on tomatoes? To grow in mi in a non medical setting you need a dispensary license. Not sure how this would work without the real thing.

His_Highness, C No Ego and florduh like this.
  25. macbill

The Marijuana Industry on 420 Day in 2018 vs. 20 Years Ago

Every year, marijuana advocates celebrate cannabis culture on "420 day." Back in 1998, though, the celebration was much more countercultural than it will be today. In the world of 2018, marijuana isn't just more accepted. It's now a big (and legal) business.

Just how much has changed between the 420 day of 20 years ago compared to now? A lot.

His_Highness and Helios like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors