• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@OldNewbie There seems to be a lot left out of that study. It's says the Federal Government did the study, it doesn't say what company though.

Also the part where it says it doesn't help hunger with folks with serious illnesses such as AIDS - we know that isn't true. We are seeing where cannabis it is helping folks with PTSD. People are showing the results in their everyday lives where cannabis is helping. It also said that it's not helping addicts but causing people to use other drugs. It's been proven that it helps with opioid addiction.

Did it say that they used folks smoking cannabis in the study? Smoking cannabis makes a difference vs vaporizing or ingesting.

There hasn't been enough studies because the Federal Government doesn't allow it.
Here in WA state they are going to do studies on cannabis even without the Feds blessing.

Washington Tells DEA to Shove It, Will Conduct Cannabis Research in Violation of the Law - The Free Thought Project
The Free Thought Project › washington-s...
Aug 27, 2016 - The DEA's tyrannical chokehold on the wondrous potential of medical cannabis is downright criminal. ... “Washington state is moving ahead with its plans to allow scientific research of marijuana, ...

It sounds like more Reefer Madness to me.

Last edited:

BD9

http://circa.com/scitech/health/a-n...lp-ease-the-pain-but-causes-new-health-issues

New evidence suggests cannabis can help with chemo-therapy and multiple sclerosis but it’s not all good news.

A new report from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine reviewed 18 years of scientific findings to examine health impacts of cannabis and cannabis derived products. The committee found significant evidence that cannabis could help patients with multiple sclerosis-related muscle spasms as well as chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting.

Jahan Marcu, PhD ‏@JahanMarcu
In schizophrenia and psychosis cannabis use may be associated with improved learning and memory #cannabishealtheffects @SafeAccessNow

The committee also found evidence that cannabis does not increase the risk for cancers often associated with tobacco use - such as lung and head and neck cancers.

The review found cannabis use prior to driving increases the risk of being involved in a motor vehicle accident and cannabis use increases the rate of initiating other drug use, primarily the use of tobacco.

Still seems the pros out weigh the cons.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Marijuana DOES cause schizophrenia and triggers heart attacks, experts say in landmark study that slams most of the drug's medical benefits as 'unproven'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...y-slams-drug-s-medical-benefits-unproven.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...y-slams-drug-s-medical-benefits-unproven.html

You'd think by the headlines we'd all be dead from heart failure while we were having psychotic episodes. There is some good info in here but you gotta sift through a lot of BS.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Marijuana DOES cause schizophrenia and triggers heart attacks, experts say in landmark study that slams most of the drug's medical benefits as 'unproven'

You'd think by the headlines we'd all be dead from heart failure while we were having psychotic episodes. There is some good info in here but you gotta sift through a lot of BS.

They are all to keen to point out that there is no evidence of the benefits of mmj, but the evidence that it causes mental problems and heat attacks is just as unproven, yet you report it as news...

"evidence that suggests smoking marijuana can trigger a heart attack"

Notice that all the demonizing of cannabis relates to smoking it...

Smoking anything will increase your risk of a heat attacks you fucking plebs...

It annoys me because the general population are not aware enough to see through the bullshit... meaning scaremongering and brainwashing is all to easy....

anasrzi

Notice in this "scientific report" concluded very very little in terms of harms, either there was very slight evidence (meaning sweet fuck all evidence IMO) or "weak" evidence hence the fact this is a bull shit report conducted by those you stand to gain by prohibition still being popular. I have no doubt for some cannabis can be a damaging force but your talking about 1-2% of total users, these users tend to give up after having such a bad reaction, such reactions too happen with alcohol but yet that's ok because it's consumed by the many not the few, funds the tax coffers and employs so many.

As for the general population not seeing thru the bullshit check out the links comments, everyone's seeing straight thru it and I bet many are avid readers of this rag. The fail at it agian scraping the barrel to promote fake science and best of luck to them there going to need it as Bob Dylan rightly said.

"Times they are a changing :D"

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian

I actually called in to a radio station to call out that bullshit comparison. A doctor was on the program and said "smoking marijuana is just as dangerous as smoking cigarettes."

I called and explained exactly what that study showed; that smoking anything leads to these results.

I then said it was incredibly disingenuous and misleading for a doctor to make that kind of a statement without also talking about the chemical additives of cigarettes (ammonia, formaldehyde, etc.) and she got so flustered and turned around she actually agreed with me on air that there should be much more actual research to get to the truth.

howie105

If you were to follow a group of cardiac patients you could find all kinds of triggers from a drink of water to a walk down the street. Also "heart attacks" is too general of a term to mean much clinically too many conditions fall under that title to mean much. Smoke and mirrors.

Tranquility

It annoys me because the general population are not aware enough to see through the bullshit... meaning scaremongering and brainwashing is all to easy....
I disagree and think the reason why is why legalization has accelerated.

Pew says almost 1/2 of the U.S. population has tried marijuana. (http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/14/6-facts-about-marijuana/) When 1/2 of a large group has done something, most everyone in the group knows someone who has done that thing. In other words, the entire population has some direct evidence of how marijuana affects others.

That may not help in determining health risks and the like; just as being on FC does not give us special insight. It does mean that hearing things bad about pot is not going to make anyone wet their panties as the "bad" often contradicts people's real-world experiences.

MinnBobber

Old Newbie disagrees but I mostly agree. Certainly, not everyone believes the brainwashing but I will say this:
way way way too many still believe the BS !!!

In many recent "cases" where I've approached someone regarding a loved one of theirs who is terminally ill or has alzheimers or has severe anaxiety issues etc ( all conditions where cannabis would help) the usual response after I start with a low key ---have you considered giving them cannabis? ---is something like "they don't want to get hooked on marijuana".

So there are still way too many who still believe the BS, after being brainwashed for decades it is somewhat understandable.
IMO, cannabis education is really needed everywhere

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Just last night I was talking to a 84yr old friend who has pain from several knee surgeries who takes Oxy for the pain, and I asked him if he had ever tried cannabis for the pain. He asked, "Isn't marijuana addictive?". He was serious. And honestly, he is probably already addicted to the oxy and doesn't realize. Neither he nor his doctor have ever tried stopping the oxy. I am afraid he is in for a BIG shock if he tries...

I WILL get him to try MJ some time soon, even tho he is unsure, but at 84 I have my doubts he will ever get off the oxy...

TwistedGray

Just last night I was talking to a 84yr old friend who has pain from several knee surgeries who takes Oxy for the pain, and I asked him if he had ever tried cannabis for the pain. He asked, "Isn't marijuana addictive?". He was serious. And honestly, he is probably already addicted to the oxy and doesn't realize. Neither he nor his doctor have ever tried stopping the oxy. I am afraid he is in for a BIG shock if he tries...

I WILL get him to try MJ some time soon, even tho he is unsure, but at 84 I have my doubts he will ever get off the oxy...

CBD lotion to start, stay on oxy, then taper with some THC oil or THC paste. I would not go the smoking or vaping route.

Problem is his insurance likely covers oxy...they won't cover mmj products.

C No Ego

CBD lotion to start, stay on oxy, then taper with some THC oil or THC paste. I would not go the smoking or vaping route.

they (insurance) would support synthetic mmj though....

C No Ego,
Reactions: Squiby

HD Springer

Oh he's addicted alright. Anyone who has taken or is currently taking oxy's can tell you that. If you go more then 12-24 hrs without those meds then you can count on having withdraw symptoms. The worst kind. It will feel like the very worst flu you've ever had. Fever,diarrhea,sick to your stomach. And maybe the worst part is the total lack of energy. Just totally drains you of any and all energy. The very fact that your friend asks if mj was addictive just proves how brainwashed our community is.
Crazy how much we've trusted and been mislead to by our government and health providers. All for what. $$$$$$$$$?
As a man who is currently battling all these things in a state where mj(even medical) is deemed illegal I can say with out a doubt they give us no choice. Sure I can pack up my family and move but I have a hard time justifying that move. All for my own needs.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

I am quite certain Medicare pays for his Oxy, but the cost wouldn't really be an issue for him. Unfortunately in his/my state, pain is NOT a qualifier for a med card so he would have to use the black market. While he would not be comfortable breaking the law, I think I could get him past that. The problem is, at 84 and skinny as a rail I am not sure he could physically get through a "real" withdrawal that he is sure to have to face. He would have to be highly motivated, and I'm not sure he would be willing to voluntarily do that to himself, even tho when he realizes he is addicted he will be disgusted that this happened and he was never even warned.

grokit

well-worn member
They are all to keen to point out that there is no evidence of the benefits of mmj, but the evidence that it causes mental problems and heat attacks is just as unproven, yet you report it as news...

"evidence that suggests smoking marijuana can trigger a heart attack"

Notice that all the demonizing of cannabis relates to smoking it...

Fake (cannabis) news everywhere!

:spliff:

Baron23

North Dakota lawmakers want more time on medical pot rules

ISMARCK, N.D. — Caught off-guard by voters in this highly conservative state approving medical marijuana, North Dakota lawmakers said Monday that more time is needed to implement the law.

A rare joint House and Senate meeting was held to consider a proposal to delay the law until the end of July. The so-called emergency measure is supported by both Republican and Democratic leaders, who said state health officials and law enforcement are scrambling to solve a number of issues, including allowable forms and potency of medical pot, and oversight of distributors.

“It’s important to allow time to get this right,” Democratic Senate Minority Leader Joan Heckaman told lawmakers.

The delay measure is expected to pass this week in both chambers, each of which must approve it by a two-thirds vote. It is unclear whether GOP Gov. Doug Burgum would sign it. A message left seeking comment was not immediately returned Monday.

A separate bill will be introduced next week that would suggest regulatory oversight, lawmakers said.

“This in no way is to try to stop the process,” Republican Senate Majority Leader Rich Wardner said. “Nobody is playing games with this. Everybody respects the will of the people.”

The so-called North Dakota Compassionate Care Act won 65 percent voter approval in November, surprising even proponents. The law allows residents to possess up to 3 ounces of marijuana for medical purposes. It says those who qualify could obtain the drug from a state-licensed dispensary or grow a limited supply for personal use.

More BS politicians who feel entitled to thwart the will of the people. Time to put them out and make them earn an honest living IMO.

Baron23,
Reactions: grokit

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
make them earn an honest living IMO.

Term limits are the closest thing. And/or requiring politicians to abandon common investment programs. And/or creating barriers to private sector work that was directly impacted by legislation.

yogoshio,

Baron23

Denver starts work on allowing pot in public, a first in US

DENVER — Denver is starting work Wednesday on becoming the first city in the nation to allow marijuana clubs and public pot use in places such as coffee shops, yoga studios and art galleries.

Voters narrowly approved the “social use” measure last November. But the ballot proposal didn’t spell out many rules for how the marijuana could be consumed, beyond saying that the drug can’t be smoked inside and that patrons must be over 21.

A workgroup made up of Denver business owners, city pot regulators and marijuana opponents starts work on suggesting regulations in the afternoon. (cont)

The mistake most states made when legalizing marijuana

The arrival of 2017 will bring many changes to the country, including falling marijuana prices in states that have legalized a recreational market. Cannabis users may cheer this news, but it heralds the start of an enduring budgetary headache for states that tax legal marijuana sales based solely on price.

New data from one legalization state illustrate the point. Colorado’s Department of Revenue assesses the going price for marijuana every six months and uses this information to calculate the value of the state’s 15 percent tax on pot production. The progression of marijuana prices over time in Colorado perfectly parallels the pattern in Washington after that state legalized (reported in Wonkblog last year): Prices briefly spiked due to initial supply shortages, but then began dropping as the marijuana industry matured and expanded. Wholesale prices in Colorado tumbled 24.5 percent over the past year to $1,471 per pound. (cont)

Baron23

Q&A: Denver law will allow pot in public, details up in air

DENVER — Denver has started work on the nation’s first law allowing marijuana clubs and use in public places such as coffee shops or art galleries. But the details about what those pot clubs would look like are very much in the air. Here’s what we know, and don’t know, about the looming pot clubs headed to Denver: (cont)

German lawmakers back plan for cannabis prescriptions

BERLIN — German lawmakers have approved legislation that would allow some patients to get cannabis as a prescription-only medication.

Parliament’s lower house passed the bill unanimously on Thursday. The vote clears the way for the law to take effect in March.

Health Minister Hermann Groehe has stressed the move does not mean marijuana will be legal for non-medical purposes. (cont)

MyCollie

With Obama leaving, congressional Republicans move to gut D.C. laws

So much for DC's law. I guess it was good while it lasted. Harris just can't help himself. With regard to opiate related deaths his home state is ranked #11 by some groups.. higher by others. He should be familiar with opiates because he's an anesthesiologist.

Less weed & more guns and fewer healthcare choices. I'm worried where things are headed now with this new leadership.

Looking ahead, one thing's for sure.... a lot of the appointees moving into the city aren't going to feel very welcome here.

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
IMO I think the states don't want cannabis in public so the Feds keep their noses out of the states business regarding weed.

If the rules are too lax I'm afraid with the new administration they will shut it down. Now more than ever. If they make the laws strict in the beginning then after awhile loosen it up a bit. I would like cannabis clubs too.

We need to be walking softly right now until we know what the Trump (Sessions is a nightmare) folks will do. We need to be happy and lucky for what we have. I'm starting to feel very uneasy, it's the unknown that I hate. We should get a pretty good feel soon about weed and the new guy in office. I can't even say President Trump.

Folks in WA state can get something similar to a liquor license if they want a group setting like a party (wedding, bachelor party) to use cannabis. Folks can have as many people as they want to at their homes to use cannabis with - party on.

I wish cannabis didn't have such a negative reputation. Just years of indoctrination. I'm glad things are changing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom