Cannabis News

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
OC Weekly: Anaheim Police Chief Hosts a Cool, Calm and Collected Reefer Madness. http://www.ocweekly.com/news/anahei...op-really-a-reefer-madness-freak-show-7566623

Sadly the Chief of the Anaheim PD is cited and quoted in internal documents of other adjacent or nearby cities when it comes to legal Medical Cannabis, more of the same old hysteria :(

O.C. (home to the John Birch Society) is still conservative in many ways :(

Then again tho... not every city has Disney feeding it's coffers.

Sensible cops would gladly shift their attention to more important matters than cannabis.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
There are T.V. commercials here in Florida using the fear factor approach depicting 'candy' and 'edibles' that they claim will be marketed to kids and sold next to schools if the amendment passes.

I have yet to see a counterpoint commercial. :ugh:

StickyShisha2

i just heard that one on the news. the kids, while already trespassing, climb over a fence to get access to plants worth 1 to 2 thousand each.
Perhaps a .22 isn't the best deterrent. Salt pellets with a shotgun might not have killed, but I don't have much sympathy for thieves.

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
i just heard that one on the news. the kids, while already trespassing, climb over a fence to get access to plants worth 1 to 2 thousand each.
Perhaps a .22 isn't the best deterrent. Salt pellets with a shotgun might not have killed, but I don't have much sympathy for thieves.

Stealing is a crime that does not deserve a death sentence. In fact I am against the death penalty.

grokit

well-worn member
I wonder if there was any signage?

793412-3197-36.png

StickyShisha2

what if they climbed over a fence within private property and came down into this?
Vietnam+Cu+Chi+Spikes.jpg

in a stand your ground state, i believe the law is that you have to finish them off.

StickyShisha2,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Stealing is a crime that does not deserve a death sentence. In fact I am against the death penalty.
I also feel the state does not have the moral authority to take a life. In Oregon, if someone is running away from your house with your TV set it is against the law to shoot them just for your property. You must be able to demonstrate that you were in fear for your life in order to use deadly force. Once you are in fear for your life you shoot to stop the attacker, not to kill or wound, period. Center of mass no exceptions.
No one likes getting ripped off. But killing someone in the act of ripping off? What if the value was $50. Is it excessive to kill someone over $50? A very slippery slope....
Not sure about the laws in your state but I don't think the law allows you to shoot someone just because they are taking your property. Once again, being in fear for your life is the standard. Lets say someone breaks into my home at night with a gun, or any other deadly weapon like a bat or something, with the intent to rob me. When I see that person in my dark hallway, and I can see he has a gun, or any weapon, and is advancing on me, it's hammer time.

It does make a difference if they are in your home. These boys were in the back yard so that makes a difference. If they were trying to run away after being discovered and he shot them then he is in big trouble which could explain why he was arrested.

Last edited:
t-dub,
Reactions: macbill

Baron23

I also do not support the death penalty (for a number of reasons) and believe that it is a grave error to shoot at some kids trying to steal simple property. Yes, they are thieves, no...death was not called for.

However, in the very democratic dominated and liberal area in which I live, a homeowner not only has the responsibility to determine that their life was actively being threatened before defending themselves, the homeowner has a responsibility to retreat as far as they can within their own home first in order to avoid confrontation. This is a grave error also, IMO.

The difficulty of parsing all of these scenarios so finely is that doing so generally ignores the difficulty in making such determinations in a split second and when in a stressful and fearful situation.

A .22 rifle at a 2nd story window....nah, that don't fit under any of this IMO. Sad loss of life of kids most likely out on a lark.

Baron23

Baron23

Arkansas court says voters can decide medical marijuana plan

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — The Arkansas Supreme Court says voters can consider a medical marijuana proposal on the November ballot.

Justices on Thursday sided with supporters of the proposed constitutional amendment that would legalize marijuana for patients with certain medical conditions. The court rejected a lawsuit by opponents of the measure that sought to disqualify it from being considered in the Nov. 8 election. Justices said language to be presented to voters clearly states what the proposal would do.

The proposal is one of two medical marijuana proposals on the ballot. Justices are considering a separate challenge to a similar proposed initiated act.​

And another one for Nov vote. Fuck you, Rosenberg and the DEA.

Baron23

Here’s how legal pot changed Colorado and Washington

Marijuana has had little impact so far on various public health measures in states where it has been legalized, according to a report from the Drug Policy Alliance released Thursday.

Three years after commercial marijuana markets first opened in Colorado and Washington, the nonprofit organization, which favors marijuana legalization, acknowledges that it is “too early to draw any line-in-the-sand conclusion about the effects of marijuana legalization.”

But in the DPA's reading, the preliminary numbers are encouraging: “so far, so good,” as the report sums things up. The DPA report echoes the findings of a study by the libertarian Cato Institute earlier this year.

Here's what the DPA report found:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Legal Marijuana Hasn’t Caused Any Of The Problems Opponents Said It Would
When Colorado and Washington became the first states to legalize recreational marijuana in 2012, opponents of the measures warned that ending the longstanding prohibition on weed would wreak havoc on society. The fiscal benefits associated with taxed and regulated marijuana wouldn’t be worthwhile, they said, because more children would end up using the drug and high drivers would terrorize the roadways.

grokit

well-worn member
Arizona: Prison Meal Service Donates $80,000 to Anti-Marijuana Campaign

Company is likely concerned legal marijuana will eat into profits :lol:

The campaign aimed at preventing marijuana from being legalized this year in Arizona just received a super sleazy donation from a company that makes its living selling meals to prisons.

Campaign finance records show that Services Group of America, one of the largest food service companies in the United States, recently contributed $80,000 to the weasels working to maintain the prohibitionary standard in the Copper State. The documents, which were initially dug up by Tom Angell over at Marijuana.com, suggest the company could be concerned it will have fewer prisoners to feed if voters approve a ballot measure this November to legalize a recreational cannabis trade in Arizona...

https://www.merryjane.com/news/pris...s-money-to-anti-marijuana-campiagn-in-arizona

:disgust:

Baron23

From NBC News this time

These Nine States Will Vote on Legalizing Recreational and Medical Marijuana

Nine states have marijuana measures on the ballot this November, and chances are good that many will pass — giving pot advocates high hopes that the federal government will eventually lift its nationwide ban.

In five states — Arizona, California, Maine, Massachusetts and Nevada — voters will decide on legalizing the recreational use of marijuana.

In four others — Arkansas, Florida, Montana and North Dakota — voters will weigh in on medical marijuana, which is already legal in nearly half the country.

As Election Day approaches, polls and research show rising support for marijuana legalization: 57 percent of U.S. adults say marijuana should be made legal, compared to just 32 percent a decade ago, found a Pew study earlier this week.

(for more, follow the link in the headline)

I love this line from the article

"But Carla Lowe, founder of Citizens Against Legalizing Marijuana....(sic)The increase of kids' use has gone up dramatically," she said. "Many of those kids get into drugs, gangs and crime ... The social costs have been identified."​

I truly despise these self-righteous bastards that wrap themselves up in the flag of "oh, but the children" when really all they are following is their own insistent desire to control other people's personal actions. I got news for Ms Lowe...the whole country is NOT hear baby nursery. Of course, this is completely besides the point that she is wrong from every reported statistic I have seen. I should start a group called "Citizens against Carla Lowe"....because, I really don't want my children reading this kind of misinformation and witnessing this kind of rank political manipulation.

Sorry Carla...you are now off the Christmas gift list.

Last edited:

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
The link is embedded in the large font title. The "Here's what the DPA report found:" is actually a quote from the article and I stopped there. To read it all, follow the link.

Thanks!!
LOL color me stupid:)

Silat,

TheWhisper

Arizona: Prison Meal Service Donates $80,000 to Anti-Marijuana Campaign

Company is likely concerned legal marijuana will eat into profits :lol:

The campaign aimed at preventing marijuana from being legalized this year in Arizona just received a super sleazy donation from a company that makes its living selling meals to prisons.

Campaign finance records show that Services Group of America, one of the largest food service companies in the United States, recently contributed $80,000 to the weasels working to maintain the prohibitionary standard in the Copper State. The documents, which were initially dug up by Tom Angell over at Marijuana.com, suggest the company could be concerned it will have fewer prisoners to feed if voters approve a ballot measure this November to legalize a recreational cannabis trade in Arizona...

https://www.merryjane.com/news/pris...s-money-to-anti-marijuana-campiagn-in-arizona

:disgust:

They should pivot to selling pre-made munchie meals.

Top Bottom