Cannabis News

Nooky72

Dog Marley
cbeced16ed4c0bf30b5a90017a8add0a.jpg

blackstone

As Ireland opens to the idea of medical marijuana, this article shows the lengths some patients had to go to in a prohibitive market.
It also mentions the Global Medical Cannabis Summit which is being hosted locally by Irish groups.

http://www.independent.ie/life/heal...is-is-it-high-time-for-a-change-35034356.html

I really hope the government will make some headway on this in their next sessions.
as it is High time for a change indeed!

BD9

Maybe not great news, but pretty good news for Michigan's medical cannabis.

Medical marijuana bills win final approval from Michigan legislature

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan would tax and regulate medical marijuana in a tiered licensing system under legislation that has won final legislative approval and that is expected to be signed by Gov. Rick Snyder.

House voted 83-22 for a main bill Wednesday to require a state operating license to grow, process, sell, transport or test marijuana used for medical purposes. Another bill clarifies that allowable marijuana includes non-smokable forms such as oils, food items and pills.

Baron23

Another bill clarifies that allowable marijuana includes non-smokable forms such as oils, food items and pills.

Well, that sucks a lot. In Maryland, edibles will not be sold and that makes more sense to me that this. With pre-packaged edibles there is a chance for them to be mistaken for candy (have seen Gummy Bear type edibles in CO).

To eliminate smoke/vapeable forms is just stupid but that matches up completely with my overall opinion of politicians.

TeeJay1952

Re Michigan law:
I see they are favoring commercial grows. Citizens passed referendum and are now being denied vote on complete legalization because of over 3 month old signatures. For a bunch of folks who CLAIM to want smaller government seems like classic government screwups.
Now a yearly licence and instead of I can grow 6 they want inspections. They have sliding scale of up to 5000 plants.
It is just a damn WEED! Stop paying homage to your corporate masters and do what the People want.

Silat

When the Facts Change, I Change My Mind.
"Despite the assumption that police are more honest than the average person, jurors apparently did not like the fact that Florida cosmetologists are required to have 1200 hours of training while police officers are only required to have 770 hours of training."
"Florida Woman Acquitted Based On Maine Law"
http://theleafonline.com/c/business...=2f5bf991XXXe4f5XXX4c70XXX9a00XXX4ea9def0a134

and

Year old video but still apropo.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Maybe not great news, but pretty good news for Michigan's medical cannabis.

Medical marijuana bills win final approval from Michigan legislature

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan would tax and regulate medical marijuana in a tiered licensing system under legislation that has won final legislative approval and that is expected to be signed by Gov. Rick Snyder.

House voted 83-22 for a main bill Wednesday to require a state operating license to grow, process, sell, transport or test marijuana used for medical purposes. Another bill clarifies that allowable marijuana includes non-smokable forms such as oils, food items and pills.
Well, that sucks a lot. In Maryland, edibles will not be sold and that makes more sense to me that this. With pre-packaged edibles there is a chance for them to be mistaken for candy (have seen Gummy Bear type edibles in CO).

To eliminate smoke/vapeable forms is just stupid but that matches up completely with my overall opinion of politicians.
It's actually a great thing. It is in addition to the smokeable forms that were already allowed.

It's now official. Gov. Snyder signed the three most important bills and didn't sign the two questionable ones.

Previously all concentrates and edibles were illegal. Edibles could potentially be considered legal if you had a good lawyer, but they would then be subject to the weight restrictions of flowers. So 2.5 ounces of brownies for example, which is probably one or two, not even half a batch.

The previous law was incredibly stupid, even the act of smoking or vaping produces residue that could be considered concentrate and illegal. I don't think anyone was ever prosecuted for that, but still. Pressing one quarter gram nug of rosin could be considered a felony for a medical user before this new law was passed.

The dispensary regulations are more questionable but I personally am in favor of them. They seem to have somehow managed to set it up in a reasonable manner. I am particularly happy about the purity and potency testing requirements. Very few dispensaries go to the trouble and expense of doing that.

I think a lot of the pushback is from some dispensary owners and growers who prefer it to remain like the wild west. As a medical patient I welcome reasonable regulations if they are aimed at improving the safety and consistency of my medication.

The only question is how centralized the production will become, hopefully it remains fairly open to those who embrace the new standards.

C No Ego

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
6 lessons from legal pot in Washington and Colorado

Since they became the first states to legalize recreational marijuana in 2012, Washington and Colorado have been scrutinized as test cases around the country — particularly in California, where voters will decide on election day whether to follow suit.

Here are six questions that are being asked about legal weed, and the answers that are emerging..........

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
As Drug Laws Ease, Jamaica Sees Gold in Crop It Long Shunned

Having watched states like Colorado and California generate billions of dollars from marijuana, Jamaica has decided to embrace its herbaceous brand.

Rather than arresting and shunning the country’s Rasta population, the Jamaican authorities will leverage it. Beyond decriminalizing the possession of small amounts of marijuana last year, Jamaica has legalized the use of medical marijuana, with its ultimate sights set on “wellness tourism” and the font of money it could bring.

Baron23

BD9

I almost shed a tear when I saw that box of moldy cannabis.

In California 'some' growers oppose legalization. They site regulations and big business.

Why some California cannabis growers oppose legalization

A recent poll conducted by the California Growers Association’s recent poll of 750 farmers, distributors, and retailers found that only 31 percent supported the measure, with 31 percent opposed and 38 percent undecided. It’s a difficult decision for the growers to make, as legalization will likely increase demand for their product – but at the same time potentially threaten their livelihoods if they can’t keep up with regulations and competition, two factors that come when an industry moves into the open market.

“I don’t want to replace a criminal injustice with an economic injustice,” Hezekiah Allen, marijuana farmer in California and executive director of the Association told Reuters.

Top Bottom