Cannabis News

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So, I haven't driven across the country in 30 years or so, and I am gonna have to drive across 2/3 of it soon. Should I expect to run into checkpoints with dogs...?

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I was at a meeting regarding cannabis rules and laws and it would vary from state to state. I was talking to someone and she said that if you had your cannabis in a Cvault that the authorities would need a search warrant to open it.

Make sure if traveling no smells gives you away and you should be fine.

We traveled a couple weeks in our motor home and I kept the majority of my cannabis in a Cvault. It was along the coastline of OR, CA with loose cannabis laws a little different then some southern states or some mid west conservatives areas. I didn't notice any smells at all.

At night I would get out my Solo or Enano and didn't have any worries. Vaporizing is so nice, no major smells to be bothered with.

Last edited:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
So, I haven't driven across the country in 30 years or so, and I am gonna have to drive across 2/3 of it soon. Should I expect to run into checkpoints with dogs...?

I have read that in some of the states that adjoin Colorado that interstate exit checkpoints can be a serious problem for those travelling with the herb and related paraphanalia!

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I have read that in some of the states that adjoin Colorado, interstate exit checkpoints can ba a serious problem for those travelling with the herb and related paraphanalia!
Yeah, Nebraska in particular has been kinda bitchy. I'll probably take 80 North so I will miss NE. Minn, South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Wash and ORE. There is some unfriendly territory there...

At least vaping and its accouterments stinks a lot less than combustion.

Nesta

Eugene Monroe, an offensive tackle for the NFL Baltimore Ravens puts his money where his mouth is in promoting medical cannabis (although he says he doesn't use it himself -he'd be subject to suspension according to NFL rules). Check his website, he put some serious work into it.

Raven Calls on N.F.L. to Allow Marijuana Use for Sport’s Pains

"Eugene Monroe has had his share of bumps and bruises during his seven-year N.F.L. career as an offensive tackle with the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Baltimore Ravens. He has had shoulder injuries, ankle sprains, concussions and all the usual wear and tear that comes from hitting defenders dozens of times a game.

To deal with these injuries, Monroe has stepped forward and called upon the N.F.L. to stop testing players for marijuana so he and other players can take the medical version of the drug to treat their chronic pain, and avoid the addictive opioids that teams regularly dispense.

“We now know that these drugs are not as safe as doctors thought, causing higher rates of addiction, causing death all around our country,” Monroe said in an interview on Friday, “and we have cannabis, which is far healthier, far less addictive and, quite frankly, can be better in managing pain.”

Last week, Monroe said he had given $80,000 to Realm of Caring, a Colorado-based advocacy group that is working with the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine to study the impact of medical marijuana on traumatic brain injury and chronic traumatic encephalopathy, a degenerative brain disease linked to repeated hits to the head.

In a series of posts on Twitter in March, Monroe castigated Commissioner Roger Goodell for refusing to modify the league’s stance on the drug. Monroe also donated $10,000 to help pay for research on the benefits of medical marijuana, and he challenged other players to match his gift."

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Marijuana’s potential health benefits are being obscured by the US government’s ineptitude
Research suggests that marijuana—or more specifically compounds in marijuana—may have potential as a treatment for epilepsy and chronic pain, among other conditions. However, more research is needed to fully understand any potential health benefits from the substance.

=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=

The New Murder Defense: Marijuana Made Me Do It
A first-of-its-kind case in Colorado alleges that an edibles manufacturer helped lead a husband to kill his wife—and he himself has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity. As weed goes legal, will this be the new excuse for all variety of crime?

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
A first-of-its-kind case in Colorado alleges that an edibles manufacturer helped lead a husband to kill his wife—and he himself has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity. As weed goes legal, will this be the new excuse for all variety of crime?
Has this excuse worked for alcohol, or heroin, or lsd? No? Whats different about Cannabis?

I guess the best comparison would be to alcohol because horse and lsd aren't "approved"...

grokit

well-worn member
Marijuana’s potential health benefits are being obscured by the US government’s ineptitude
Research suggests that marijuana—or more specifically compounds in marijuana—may have potential as a treatment for epilepsy and chronic pain, among other conditions. However, more research is needed to fully understand any potential health benefits from the substance.
No. More research will only lead to foolish attempts to synthesize, monetize, and otherwise control our precious flower. How about you take our word for its effectiveness, admit that it's harmless compared to just about anything else we can possibly ingest medicine or not, and please leave us and our cannabis alone.

TheWhisper

Has this excuse worked for alcohol, or heroin, or lsd? No? Whats different about Cannabis?

I guess the best comparison would be to alcohol because horse and lsd aren't "approved"...

I've only read the first few paragraphs in the article, so be forewarned.

It's commonly held and, I think, has been well documented that cannabis use can be a catalyst for schizophrenia/acute psychosis in those who are genetically predisposed to it. So, this may have been a case where the cannabis had that effect on this guy?

If that's the case - and clinical studies are done to determine the extent of this effect in people with such a predisposition - then it would be wholly rational to apply warning labeling to cannabis products.

Again, didn't read the whole article.

EDIT: and I'm not implying that people with schizophrenia are dangerous, because they're generally not.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Congress votes against studying medical marijuana alternative pain killers.

http://www.hightimes.com/read/congr...ing-medical-marijuana-alternative-painkillers

This drives me crazy. They are either complete fucking idiots OR in the pocket of big pharma.
There is one statistic that tells it all:
-- legal prescription painkillers kill 16, 000 Americans every year and in states with legal MJ, this drops by 24.8 % ( an astounding figure).

Yet, they vote against studying MMJ as an alternative to painkillers????
They should be considered criminals for not allowing research.

Then look at Zika virus---yes, it's bad but has anyone died from it yet in US?
"The Senate voted on Tuesday to advance $1.1 billion in emergency financing to combat the mosquito-borne Zika virus — less than the $1.9 billion requested by the White House, and..."

16, 000 die each from painkillers each and every every year and anyone with half a brain can determine that MMJ is a clear alternative to reduce painkiller abuse yet they vote against this research.

Rant over

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't know how this can be anything but pressure from the Pharma lobby and that really sucks. A big public hairy deal needs to be made about this. BIG! and HAIRY!!!

That being said the issue with Zika is totally different and to conflate the two is not useful.

ZIKA IS A KNOWN THREAT THAT IS COMING FOR SURE!!! Not to spend WHATEVER it takes to do prevention in this country is STUPID STUPID STUPID. People WILL DIE. Children WILL BE DEFORMED AND THEIR BRAINS HOPELESSLY DAMAGED. This is NOT theory, we KNOW THIS. For the Republican party to interfere with the administrations efforts to interdict Zika IS CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR!!! The damage could be devastating.

Did I say that loud enough? Believe me when I say I COUDN'T say it TOO LOUDLY!

MinnBobber

Did I say that loud enough? Believe me when I say I COUDN'T say it TOO LOUDLY!
Missing the point entirely.....they find a billion $$ for zika in an instant but nothing for painkiller abuse that kills 16,000 every year, year after year after year after year
Not saying don't fund Zika, just saying how about funding prevention for an existing epidemic that kills 16,000 every year

:)

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Of course ZIKA will be dealt with ...... because if it becomes a greater publicized danger in the U.S. it will also become a greater danger to U.S. tourism and that won't be allowed to happen unabated. When economics and corporate concerns link up like that our politicians are not usually far behind.

His_Highness,
Reactions: BD9

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
My point is that it has NOT been so easy to get the $1.9 Billion the admin has asked for because THE REPUBLICANS ARE SO STUPID ON THE ISSUE. They knocked down the admin request to $1.1B and now the House has cut that in half. Nothing says stupid better than trying to save money rather than lives.

And what makes it so ridiculous is that it is YET ANOTHER example of Republicans voting against their own fucking interests. I mean, other than black people, WHO LIVES IN THE SOUTH!!! REPUBLICANS! So, who will most be affected? REPUBLICANS!
Of course ZIKA will be dealt with
I wish I had your confidence...

I'm sorry I took us so off topic... I can't help it, I'm pissed.

Edit: I won't add another post, but I will add here that while I understand your point about the money, IT IS ALREADY TOO LATE to get this started. Thousands have likely already been bitten, and more are bitten every day. The sooner the better, of course, but we are already way late...

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
@cybrguy - Airlines, hotels, restaurants, Universal, Disney, FLORIDA, etc........if our politicians don't do enough, soon enough, and the number of cases start climbing....the lobbyists for these industries followed by the politicians in the tourism states will get to moving. This one won't take long. It is the travel season after all. Especially the repubs representing the tourism states.

I wish it were confidence in our politicians to do the right thing instead of a follow-the-money-trail during an election year.

Sorry for the additional thread derail......

TheWhisper

It's not just the south too. The mosquitoes that can carry it range all the way up past NY.

TheWhisper,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I made a thread for Zika Virus in the lounge.

fpdpbxktpvaoqgokua5b.jpg

The nation’s employers have a problem, according to a new report in the New York Times—they can’t find enough workers who are capable of passing a drug test. Fortunately, for some of these companies, this is a problem with a very simple solution: Stop drug-testing your workers.

Hardly anyone tests their employees for alcohol, because we understand that adults are capable of making their own decisions outside of the workplace, and because drinking a few beers on Saturday night doesn’t make you magically drunk again on Monday morning. We understand that you can drink when you’re not at work and still be perfectly competent when you arrive at the workplace. We should treat weed—“employers’ main gripe” when it comes to drug-testing, per the Times—the same way. (There’s also a technical hurdle: alcohol doesn’t stay in your body long-term like weed does, so it would be hard to find beer in your bloodstream even if employers were looking for it.)

Since the Reagan Administration, companies with federal contracts have been required by law to drug test employees, and workers with jobs deemed “safety sensitive” by the U.S. Department of Transportation are subject to testing as well. Now that cannabis is legal in either recreational or medicinal form in almost half the U.S. states, it is clear that these laws need amending, at least where weed is concerned. In the meantime, there are plenty of employers that aren’t bound by either of these federal laws.

Last edited:
Top Bottom