Cannabis News

chris 71

even if it was true (and i dont believe it for a second ) , compared to how many people become angry and impulsive from alcohol its like ya so what .. and i know for certain that i can go without my pot much more peacefully then if god forbid the girlfriend cant find her e cig lol

howie105

A very weak study, sighting other studies carried out for unnamed benefactors and written by a writer best know for fluff pieces are just a few of the reasons I read and rejected the article yesterday. Thanks for the cut and paste.

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Well so much for Mississippi going legal! Maybe some other day, maybe some other year, maybe even in my lifetime!

Dear Team Legalize,
Today (12/29/15) our ballot initiative to regulate cannabis like alcohol expires. Circuit Clerk are not required to certify expired ballot initiative petitions. If you have petitions that have not been certified, please just send them to me and I will keep them with the other petitions that were certified and try to use them to influence our Mississippi politicians in 2016 to change our laws in regards to marijuana. My address is on the petition.

To the best of my knowledge, no one has stepped forward to renew/sponsor ballot initiative 48, as it is currently written. If they did sponsor it, and it was successful, it would have to collect all of the needed signatures by Oct 3rd to be on the 2017 ballot, or on the 2018 ballot for their one year deadline.
Dilbert Hoseman, our Secretary of State has never responded to my August 5th letter, nor has any of his staff who were copied. I sent all of the County Circuit Clerks a Freedom of Information Act letter requesting a final report on how many signatures they certified for ballot initiative 48. Only 26 of the 82 Clerks have responded. A report is easily made and can be electronically send from the State Election Management System (SEMS), but only if the information was entered. I was gobsmacked to find out that Hinds County deliberately did not use the SEMS, and hope that once they get their new Clerk sworn in, they will use it. One County sent me a typed list of who signed their petition (they didn't use the SEMS). Many clerks sent their certified petitions to the circulators, some of whom never forwarded them to me, which must be why they have a record of certifying more signatures than I have for their County. I am sharing the numbers by county below, but I post the number that is higher if the Clerk said they certified more than I received.

The truth about Mississippi and marijuana is that Mississippians are too afraid of the police to change the law themselves by supporting a ballot initiative with their signature(s) of approval.It is very interesting that there are more people who are members of this Facebook page than we have signatures on our ballot initiative 48, so many of you never signed it even though you live in Mississippi and could have registered to vote and signed our petition.

But for those of you who did sign it, and especially to the volunteers who collected signatures, thank you.
Your signature on our ballot initiative is now a document that we can mail to elected officials to pressure them to legalize marijuana in Mississippi with their legislative abilities starting in January of 2016.

America is rising up to legalize marijuana. Neighboring states have ballot initiatives, have new laws that are changed and Mississippi will eventually change with them. Our ballot initiative petition 48 was a huge first step down the road of legalizing marijuana for Mississippians, and now we must all be supportive registered voters and vote every election and have a conversation with our elected officials about how we expect them to change our laws so that we eventually succeed and marijuana is regulated like alcohol.

Our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/groups/yesonproposition48 has posted cannabis information ( and will continue 2 shares stories ) about studies pertaining to medicinal cannabis, alcohol, tobacco, legal industrial hemp in Tennessee and Kentucky and other states, federal laws, state laws, other ballot initiatives, and the movement America is making towards legalizing marijuana. Please keep yourself informed so that when you speak to elected officials, whether they are your mayor or your alderman, that you know the facts about marijuana.

If you call our US Congressman or two Senators; Roger Wicker 202-228-0378 or Thad Cochran 202-224-5054 and ask them to change the federal marijuana laws, especially in regards to the scheduling of marijuana, please know that their staff will look up your name to see if you are a registered voter of Mississippi. Your voice will lack any weight if you are not a registered voter. That is just a fact. Most politicians will look you up to see if you are a registered voter before they decide if they are going to help you. If you want your words to be taken seriously by elected officials then you must be one of their VOTING constituents.You can register to vote now ( download a voter registration application from the internet and mail it to your County Circuit Clerk before the February 8th, 2016 deadline ) and vote on March 8th in the presidential primary so that your voice has the weight of your convictions because -->>> you show up to vote!!!!

You cannot register to vote in Mississippi online, you must fill out the voter registration application form and send your original signature, (or take your original signature and application) to your COUNTY Circuit Clerk.

Do not make any comment about how you do not want to serve on -->>> jury duty. We need your ass to serve on jury duty so that you can rule that there will not be any punishment for marijuana crimes. That's right, you can do it on jury duty by refusing to convict. We have posted stories about this on this Facebook page, and Mississippi spends more money prosecuting other Mississippians for marijuana crimes than all other crimes combined. Mississippi arrests 42,000 people every year for marijuana crimes. Be proud and go serve jury duty and judge your peers as you would want them to judge you.
Judge them Innocent of this victimless crime so that their children are returned to them and they do not have a felony on their record because they did nothing wrong, they just used cannabis.

So our deadline is here and we have failed to legalize marijuana using the ballot initiative system. Perhaps in the future the ballot initiative process might be tried again but not by me. Some other brave/ insane person can choose to sponsor legalize marijuana ballot initiative, & I will be happy to advise them about my experience so that they might be more successful... but it is faster to get our elected officials to do it. Right now a ballot initiative that collects enough signatures would not be on the ballot until 2017. (There are 7 other ballot initiatives going on.)

Please support legalizing marijuana every year. You do this by voting.
Vote every election and require elected officials to listen to what you want them to do which is to legalize marijuana in Mississippi

Thank you for your efforts and for supporting this Facebook page.
Happy new year!
Sincerely,
Kelly Jacobs

Here are the figures to what was collected in each county. Some counties did not provide me with the certified petitions, so the final figure is greater because I included the numbers they said they certified vs my numbers, or whichever number was higher.

The first colum of numbers is certified petitions, the 2nd number is rejected signatures. Some counties rejected more than they certified!
total signatures 13320 total rejected: 9987

ADAMS 128 101
Alcorn 243 140
Amite 2 2
ATTALA 77 38
Benton 29 7
Bolivar 25 12
Calhoun 48 27
Carroll 4 4
Chickasaw 64 32
Choctaw 1 3
Claiborne 4 0
Clarke 31 17
Clay 36 15
Coahoma 79 35
Convington 29 12
Copiah 9 3
Desoto 1853 839
Forrest 422 229
Franklin 63 33
George 39 29
Greene 48 13
GRENADA 33 15
Hancock 185 85
Harrison 1302 1703
HINDS 414 707
Holmes 5 1
Humphreys 5 0
Issaquena 0 0
Itawamba 154 238
Jackson 527 647
Jasper 20 8
JEFFERSON 7 4
Jefferson Davis 10 15
JONES 135 95
Kemper 2 0
Lafayette 825 726
Lamar 142 100
Lauderdale 1211 289
Lawrence 119 16
LEAKE 0 0
Lee 1036 851
Leflore 233 249
Lincoln 85 113
Lowndes 269 218
MADISON 217 202
Madison 139 74
Marion 24 9
Marshall 72 38
Monroe 179 89
MONTGOMERY 31 42
Neshoba 73 38
Newton 128 31
Noxubee 2 2
Oktibbeha 48 12
PANOLA 77 33
Pearl River 24 38
Perry 10 7
Pike 51 78
Pontotoc 319 270
Prentiss 115 90
Quitman 6 1
Rankin 321 540
Scott 10 0
Sharkey 1 0
Simpson 0 2
Smith 0 0
Stone 42 43
Sunflower 11 4
TALLAHACHIE 9 8
Tate 278 83
Tippah 182 84
Tishomingo 465 152
Tunica 11 12
Union 167 141
Walthall 12 8
Warren 29 15
Washington 85 96
WAYNE 93 40
Webster 19 9
Wilkinson 0 0
Winston 15 0
Yalobusha 28 11
Yazoo 74 14

total certified 13320

total rejected 9987

Aint no place like home but sure does suck!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
2016 Will Be Marijuana's Big Year

2015 was a pretty amazing year for progress in the legalization of marijuana. Four states and the District of Columbia legalized recreational marijuana, many states decriminalized it and several more states approved medical marijuana. But for all the advances made in 2015, the year was just a run up to 2016, when the presidential election is expected to be accompanied by a ramp up in legalization.

In Congress, there are expectations for a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on the CARERS Act (S. 683 or H.R. 1538). This bill, sponsored by Cory Booker, Kirsten Gillibrand, Dean Heller and presidential candidate Rand Paul, is a comprehensive piece of legislation on medical marijuana. It would allow states to legalize medical marijuana without federal interference and reschedule marijuana to a schedule II drug. It would eliminate barriers to research and allow banks to work with marijuana companies. Chuck Grassley is the head of the committee and until he schedules a hearing, it is dead in the water. Many hope this year he will buckle under pressure and set up a hearing.

The Respect State Marijuana Laws or HR 140 is also on the hoped for hearings list. Mason Tvert, Director of Communications for the Marijuana Policy Project said, “We expect support will continue to grow for both of those bills as well as for legislation regarding veterans’ access to medical marijuana and banking for medical marijuana businesses.”

Alan Amsterdam, second from L, and Cesar Maxit, third from L, volunteers with the DC Cannabis Campaign, talk to a voter about the ballot initiative to legalize marijuana in front of a polling location in the Adams Morgan neighborhood on November 4, 2014 in Washington D.C. (Photo by Allison Shelley/Getty Images)

Other pieces of marijuana legislation include Bernie Sanders’ bills, S. 2237, the “Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2015,” and S. 2237, the “Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2015;” H.R. 667, the Veterans Equal Access Act; H.R. 262 the States Medical Marijuana Act Property Right Protection; H.R. 1013 & 1014 the Regulate Marijuana like Alcohol Act and Marijuana Tax Revenue Act of 2015; H.R. 1855 and S. 987, the Small Business Tax Equity Act; and H.R. 2076 and S. 1726, the Marijuana Business Access to Banking Act. There’s also H.R. 3124, Clean Slate for Marijuana Offenses Act of 2015; and H.R. 3518, the Stop Civil Asset Forfeiture Funding for Marijuana Suppression Act.

Many states have initiatives for November that focus on legalizing or regulating marijuana for adult use. These include Nevada, Massachusetts, Arizona, Maine and California. States trying to pull together legislation for the November ballots include Florida, Arkansas and Missouri.

grokit

well-worn member
Colorado Recalls 100,000 Marijuana Edibles Due To Pesticides, The 15th In 16 Weeks

marijuana.jpg

Colorado experiences yet another pot-related recall over pesticide use. Dank Depot, CC BY 2.0

It appears the legal pot industry in Colorado is still experiencing some growing pains surrounding its use of pesticides.

On December 30, the Cannabist reported that the city of Denver has issued its largest pot-related recall to date: nearly 100,000 packages of marijuana edibles made by the company Mountain High Suckers. The packages, containing anything from lozenges to lollipops, were voluntarily recalled by the company over concerns they might contain two pesticides disallowed by the state in marijuana production — imidacloprid and myclobutanil. There are a total of five batches involved in the recall, two intended strictly for recreational use.

"A couple of weeks ago it was brought to our attention that our products may contain pesticides that have been deemed unusable on cannabis," the company explained on its Facebook page on Dec. 30. "We decided to take a proactive step and submit samples of all of our products for pesticide testing so we can help make sure that our products are safe."

The recall, the 15th to occur in 16 weeks, is only the latest incident involving pesticide use. Earlier last November, Governor John Hickenlooper (D-Colo.) issued an executive order directing state agencies to address the urgent "threat to public safety posed by marijuana contaminated by the pesticide;" specifically by the use of off-label pesticides on pot crops.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/colorad...a-edibles-due-pesticides-15th-16-weeks-367676

:o

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
"A couple of weeks ago it was brought to our attention that our products may contain pesticides that have been deemed unusable on cannabis," the company explained on its Facebook page on Dec. 30. "We decided to take a proactive step and submit samples of all of our products for pesticide testing so we can help make sure that our products are safe."
So, there is significant good news in this story. Not that there are pesticides in a lot of the pot and edibles that are being sold. That has likely ALWAYS been the case. The good news is THAT THEY ARE CATCHING IT NOW and eventually, because these crops are now legal, they will be able (and required) to resolve this issue and get us safer pot.

This is actually a real feel good story... At least for me.

lwien

So, there is significant good news in this story. Not that there are pesticides in a lot of the pot and edibles that are being sold. That has likely ALWAYS been the case. The good news is THAT THEY ARE CATCHING IT NOW and eventually, because these crops are now legal, they will be able (and required) to resolve this issue and get us safer pot.

This is actually a real feel good story... At least for me.

Yeah but still worrisome in that it brings into question how much toxic shit we've been putting into our bodies over the years even when vaping.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yep, no doubt about that. And the federal government helped that along quite a bit with their use of paraquat dusting programs in Mexico. I have no doubt we all ingested quite a bit of that back then, tho some of the research suggests it may not have been quite as poisonous as some other herbicides. There is research that suggests it may be safer to smoke paraquat infused pot than to vape it, and I don't know anyone who was vaping back then. All in all it kinda sucked that the government was intentionally poisoning us, but their response would be that they warned us...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraquat

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.

CuckFumbustion

I really like how they outline that the consumer of MJ needs to be protected from bad purchases, like any other consumer and that they desire to directly compete with crime, And prefably make them black market obsolete with proper controls.
Vermont would be the first state of the union where initiatives are being done within the government, without outside pressure or initiatives. While selling edibles will be illegal until they sort out those issues. Which frankly has gotten the movement in the most trouble as of recent due to no food/drug policy or standards.

New York State time for you to quit being the lagger and grow a pair. You decrimed in 1977, but what have you done for us lately? Frankly, I feel the Governor of NY is afraid of diepenseries being robbed and the black market causing friction for him politically. Plus the dispenseries are handling more potent/less recreational forms of the medicine. Which should be approached with some caution. He might be trying to add some sort of dignity to say older patients who don't want the culture/stereotypes/trappings of an MJ user and have them seek the treatment they need. But it has been the most slowly implemented program and a few have died within a year waiting for a change in policy.

Kansas is still in a 'state of denial':razz: and has a prohibition problem and continues to blame Colorodo for it's own states problems.

Last edited:

hd_rider

Kansas is still in a 'state of denial':razz: and has a prohibition problem and continues to blame Colorodo for it's own states problems.

Tell me about it!

Kansas is another red state dominated by Republicans and with no initiative process. Even though a recent Kansas Speaks 2015 Public Opinion Survey shows 68% of Kansans supporting medical cannabis and 63% supporting decriminalization, the Kansas state leadership continues to ignore the desires of its citizens.

Here in Kansas, the authorities can come and take your kid away and lock you up for years because you grow or use cannabis to fight cancer, Crohn’s disease, PTSD, and other illnesses. Even modest proposals, such as the medicinal use of cannabidiol to treat patients suffering from seizures, have been blocked in the state senate. Facing some of the strictest laws in the country, second time offenders caught with as little as a single gram will face felony charges, up to three and a half years incarceration, and a $100,000 fine. The legacy of alcohol prohibition lingers, too: Almost all of its counties are either dry or semi-dry.

Since Colorado has legalized cannabis for both recreational and medical use, less children use pot, traffic fatalities are at an all-time low, and there is less use of dangerous and addictive pharmaceutical drugs. Violent crime has dropped and the state has banked massive tax revenues. According to recently released figures, the Colorado Department of Revenue in 2014 brought in $70 million in taxes relating to cannabis, just one of many good reasons to replace marijuana prohibition with a system of regulation.

There are well over one-hundred documented scientific studies showing cannabis can effectively treat numerous types of cancer, improve immunity, and fight anxiety and pain. The National Cancer Institute recently released a report on cannabis concluding that THC (the active ingredient in cannabis) caused a 45 percent reduction in bladder cancer, remission in breast and liver cancer and more. They have also determined that there is no lethal dose of marijuana and addictive potential is considerably lower than any other medicine available.

I simply cannot fathom that in this era of advanced scientific knowledge, where the beneficial effects of cannabis have been proven time and again, that we have an uninformed / uneducated public that cling to the idea that "weed" is just as dangerous as heroin, meth, crack cocaine, LSD, and other illicit drugs. Couple that with the fact that pharmaceutical companies pay lobbyists millions of dollars to keep cannabis classified as a Schedule 1 drug and then you might begin to understand. Those same companies stand to lose billions of dollars in revenue if cannabis is ever dropped from Schedule 1 because that's when people will figure out just how many pills can be replaced by a lowly, natural plant. Of course, there are those that say rescheduling / decriminalization would cost millions of jobs in the Prisons for Profit, Law Enforcement, Judicial and Legal defense industries. But I suppose their justification is that in a vibrant and robust economy such as ours, we cannot jeopardize all we've built just to save some useless lives.

Either our state’s leaders are simply morons who are unable (or unwilling) to see the health, social, and economic benefits of cannabis legalization, or they are just holding the party line and continuing to spout the same drivel they always have while their pockets and purses get heavy with dollars from the pharmaceutical and prison industries. What’s really sad is these morons were voted into office by the majority of Kansas residents.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Very well said. And I sympathize with anyone living in such a backwards state. Your Governor has also managed to seriously damage your economy with absolutely no pushback that I have seen. Kansans just don't seem to care.

I'll never understand why Dorothy wanted back there so bad...

CuckFumbustion

Been 15+hrs since my last post. Just found this time relevant event. From the weedblog site.
Check Out A Free Virtual Cannabis Health Summit On January 23-24

Guess you can watch the whole event streaming. If you register in time. Here's part Weedblog mentioning the event.
The summit will involve 20+ top doctors, scientists, and leaders who are all experts on the topic of cannabis and wellness. Some of the topics of the summit will include:

Cancer and cannabis
PTSD and cannabis
Pain and cannabis
The truth about CBD
Cannabis for pets
Better dosing strategies
Healthier consumption methods
Understand the endocannabinoid system

Where to register.
http://cannabishealthsummit.com/

MinnBobber

Been 15+hrs since my last post. Just found this time relevant event. From the weedblog site.
Check Out A Free Virtual Cannabis Health Summit On January 23-24

Guess you can watch the whole event streaming. If you register in time. Here's part Weedblog mentioning the event.
@CuckFumbustion
I'm registered---should be interesting.

?? They are streaming it both days but I may have a conflict on the second day.
Is there any way for me or someone on here (who knows a LOT more about E-things) to record it while being streamed where FCers and myself can watch it later??

Especially since on their list of topics, the endocannabinoid system (EC) was near the end so I assume on the second day. The EC system is absolutely fascinating so I hope they cover its quest to achieve homeostasis in great depth.

Thanks for posting

hackslasher

Very sad story. 3 of the patients also are likely to suffer irreversible brain damage if they survive.

Edit: important part of story too
Marisol Touraine, the French health minister, later said that the pill did not contain cannabis or its derivatives but acted on the body's endocannabinoid system.

Top Bottom