• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Even in states where cannabis is legal, they still want to be able to arrest the cannabis user. Its never going to end.

In WA they have added such a high tax on the cannabis people are going to naturally want to grow their own and the police will continue to arrest folks for growing (illegal) weed. You cannot grow your own cannabis in WA not even 1 plant. If you get a medical cert you can grow 4 or was it 6 plants.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Even in states where cannabis is legal, they still want to be able to arrest the cannabis user. Its never going to end.

In WA they have added such a high tax on the cannabis people are going to naturally want to grow their own and the police will continue to arrest folks for growing (illegal) weed. You cannot grow your own cannabis in WA not even 1 plant. If you get a medical cert you can grow 4 or was it 6 plants.

I like to think it's only a matter of time as more and more states see the light and more and more voters vote with a ballot and a dollar. Two steps forward and one step back?

mikeben

I like to think it's only a matter of time as more and more states see the light and more and more voters vote with a ballot and a dollar. Two steps forward and one step back?
I saw we WILL move forward as long as we keep using things like the https://www.mpp.org/ site to keep informed on our politicians. It also puts you in contact with them and you can put pressure on your local, state, and national politicians to do the right thing regarding cannabis.

little maggie

Ultimately I think there has to be a change in the federal position. Where I work doctor's won't authorize medical cards because their license to prescribe is federal. It's legal so that matters less except for those on limited incomes. In Washington the prices are different with or without a medical card.

CarolKing

Feds spend week on Wash. pot farm: 'This is novel for us'

View the Photo Gallery
By Matt MarkovichOct 29, 2015
VANCOUVER, Wash. -- It's an unprecedented event in the history of marijuana in this country. Federal researchers spent most of the week on a working medical marijuana farm in Vancouver, Washington to study the occupational hazards of growing and processing marijuana.

The study was unprecedented because marijuana is still a Schedule 1 drug and illegal in the eyes of the federal government. It's in the same class as heroin, methamphetamines and LSD. For years, federally funded research on marijuana has been restricted because of its classification. Meanwhile, many states are moving to legalize it.

Now a team of four researchers from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health have descended on Tom Lauerman's medical marijuana operation east of Vancouver to watch, chronicle and collect data that could be used to develop federal best practice standards for workers in the marijuana industry. The team has never set foot on any legal marijuana operation. Until now, they only exposure has been in a lab setting at the University of Mississippi.

"This is novel for us," said the lead researcher with NIOSH, who we were not allowed to identify.

NIOSH is one of the centers that make up the Centers for Disease Control that is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services.

Researchers outfitted Farmer Tom, as he is known, and several of his workers with electronic air sniffers to study the air quality inside the greenhouses and processing facility while they worked. The researchers also used a specialized glove with sensors tied to a laptop that tracked the repetitive hand movements of workers trimming marijuana buds.

The focus of the researchers is not what is being manufactured, but how. The ergonomics, work environment, air sniffers for microbial dispersion and allergens in the air are part of this study. The kind of study is not new, what's new is it's the first at a marijuana farm.

"I never thought in my life that by the time I'm 55 in the year 2015, that we would have federal agents welcomed onto my farm," said Laurmen, a well-known marijuana advocate. "It just blows my mind."

A spokeswoman for NIOSH says there's no conflict with federal law because the researchers are studying the working conditions of legal workers in a legal work environment.

"This the first time we have visited a grower," said NIOSH spokeswoman Christy Spring.

The research team just doesn't show up, they had to be invited. Spring says the agency got a request from the United Food and Commercial Workers Union.

Lauerman says he made the request through the union because he eventually wants marijuana workers, including his own, to have workplace protections.

"Nobody has any idea what makes a safe workplace, it's a new industry," said Lauerman. "I'm honored to have them here."

Last edited:

CarolKing

Good luck to all the states that have cannabis on the ballots for tomorrow.
s-CANNABIS-CUP-2012-large.jpg

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Perhaps some New York Legislators are starting to feel left out of the fun. They are actually putting pressure on Governor Cuomo for taking his time with Medical MJ.
Bill To Create Emergency Access To Medical Marijuana Delivered To New York Governor’s Desk

Support Shown In Buffalo For Legalizing Recreational Pot WGRZ-TV-Oct 28, 2015
Been more local public forums discussing it. Legislators challenging other Legislators for not moving forward. Is their something in the air.

How's Canada been eh?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That Ohio situation is kinda complicated. Who wouldn't want, from a completely users perspective, a law like that to pass that virtually legalizes everything. Except that it gives a small group of "investors" a complete monopoly on the industry. That is very bad.

If both laws pass, the legalization AND the stop the monopoly law, it will probably all work out OK after a few lawsuits. But if only the legalization bill passes, this is gonna get really ugly...

Gunky

That Ohio situation is kinda complicated. Who wouldn't want, from a completely users perspective, a law like that to pass that virtually legalizes everything. Except that it gives a small group of "investors" a complete monopoly on the industry. That is very bad.

If both laws pass, the legalization AND the stop the monopoly law, it will probably all work out OK after a few lawsuits. But if only the legalization bill passes, this is gonna get really ugly...
It's a pretty sweet deal for the investors. Put in a few million now and later pull in hundreds of millions per year, guaranteed lock on a share of the marketplace, cops to stop anyone else from competing... It will stifle boutique and small grower commerce completely except for barter and black market. I know a lot of people are torn about this but I would counsel not selling yourself too short. These guys are taking advantage of a bunch of desperate people... (shakes head) and enshrining a for-profit, Big Pot monopoly ethos.

MinnBobber

It's a pretty sweet deal for the investors.

I first thought pass it for legal and small grow your own parts BUT the cartel is scarey.
....Plus, the legal cartel would have mega mega bucks to fight Fed legalization as that would ruin their chockhold.
If Fed legalizes, then interstate transport allowed and cartel is broken.

I'm not in Ohio but maybe better to wait it out and get a decent law passed....

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Mexico’s Supreme Court Opens Door to Legalizing Marijuana Use

The Mexican Supreme Court opened the door to legalizing marijuana on Wednesday, delivering a pointed challenge to the nation’s strict substance abuse laws and adding its weight to the growing debate in Latin America over the costs and consequences of the war against drugs.

Awesome Sauce!!!!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Wait a damn minute. What is THIS: "A study from The ArcView Group, a cannabis investing and research firm, found last year that the U.S.'s market for legal cannabis grew 74 percent to $2.7 billion, up from $1.5 billion the year before. Among the more mainstream marijuana investors in recent years are PayPal co-creator Peter Thiel, who funded cannabis startup Privateer with $75 million."

WTF! Isn't PayPal the company making life difficult for anything pot related that wants to use a shopping cart? Who damaged various vendors in the process? Is it just me or is something wrong with this picture...

Theil is probably out of it by now and sold off his interest, but there is something perverse here I think. Maybe its just the bad taste in my mouth.

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
Bernie Sanders files marijuana bill in Senate

"Washington (CNN)Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders filed a Senate bill Wednesday that would allow states to decide whether to legalize recreational use of marijuana and decriminalize the drug at the federal level. It's a sign the Democratic presidential candidate is willing to stake out a clear contrast on the issue with front-runner Hillary Clinton."

edit: just noticed a thread regarding this... oops

Last edited:
Top Bottom