• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Is marijuana linked to psychosis, schizophrenia? It's contentious but doctors, feds say yes

"It is time for Americans to understand there are substantial risks with marijuana," said Dr. Elinore McCance-Katz, the Department of Health and Human Services' top mental health official. “This is not the government making up data."

Luckily, there have been no studies showing legal alcohol causing any societal problems whatsoever. Whataboutism! I can't help myself.

I call bullshit. The supporting evidence they mentioned were loose correlations, and they seemed to not have anything to support a strong causal direction. It's clickbait.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I call bullshit.

Still, anecdotally, I know folks who feel especially uncomfortable on cannabis. Recently, it was posited that increased amounts of CBD counteract the anxiety producing effects of some THC/terpene combos. I believe even cannabis can be abused. Ultimately though, I'm just another Bozo on the Bus, albeit stoned, mostly. I have no special knowledge. So: "Feelings".

Last edited:

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Still, anecdotally, I know folks who feel especially uncomfortable on cannabis. Recently, it was posited that increased amounts of CBD counteract the anxiety producing effects of some THC/terpene combos. I believe even cannabis can be abused. Ultimately though, I'm just another Bozo on the Bus, albeit stoned, mostly. I have no special knowledge. So: "Feelings".

Bozo on the bus.....oh I love it. :rofl:

Ramahs

I know folks who feel especially uncomfortable on cannabis.

Sure, me too. But there is a big difference between that and cannabis causing a mental disorder.

Of course there are people out there who should NOT use cannabis. They are just not wired for it. But this article goes MUCH further in it's claims.

Last edited:

unsorted

Is marijuana linked to psychosis, schizophrenia? It's contentious but doctors, feds say yes

"It is time for Americans to understand there are substantial risks with marijuana," said Dr. Elinore McCance-Katz, the Department of Health and Human Services' top mental health official. “This is not the government making up data."

Luckily, there have been no studies showing legal alcohol causing any societal problems whatsoever. Whataboutism! I can't help myself.

Some folks just aren't satisfied unless they're overdoing/overdosing it. It doesn't mean the weed should be banned. People should make an effort not to be stupid. Applies to everything.

mephisto

If only there was a way to run your statement continually under every evening news cast, internationally. After awhile, it would become subliminal and we could all get along better globally @unsorted.

peopleshouldmakeaneffortnottobestupidpeopleshouldmakeaneffortnottobestupid

I can personally attest to the likelihood that improper cannabis use could lend itself towards psychosis,
or even schizoaffective behavior. Battling manic depression (before there was bipolar) and using too much
cannabis has pushed me into some scary territories. Learn by doing works alright if one is aware of his/her
tendency towards disorder. I would hate to think of the impact of a psychotic break on a person who was clueless to the potential provided by over use of the herb.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

C No Ego

Well...there was that time decades ago where my roommate found my stash while I was out.....but I doubt they'll ever find the body :lmao:
it is why the plant is becoming Legal!!! when a body goes down the body is put in the dirt and more cannabis plants grown from the body... this allows more bodies to go Down and the cycle repeats... Government approved

Tranquility

Cost of weed is going up, a lot, in Colorado.

https://mjbizdaily.com/wholesale-marijuana-prices/#michigan-marijuana-vaping
Wholesale marijuana bud prices in Colorado set record

The median price of a pound of marijuana flower sold or transferred to a retail store in Colorado rose to a record $1,316, according to the most recent state data. The price, based on sales between Aug. 1 and Nov. 30, will serve as the average wholesale market rate for the first quarter of 2020 for tax purposes, the Denver Post reported. The most recent price is 68.5% higher than the average market rate of $781 per pound on Jan. 1, 2019.​

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Ramahs Not bourgeois, just British. Having had a child in English primary and just living here for so long, I can tell you firsthand that much of the terminology and classifications (heck, the whole system) is different to what I grew up with in the states. When referring to children within the primary classroom setting, they are pupils, at least that's what I've always heard. Until Year Six, then they're called "Leavers"; I believe upon entering secondary school, they become students? Idk, lol, there's so many little differences it's ridiculous and I'm still learning new things all the time. And names for things in Wales and Scotland are different to England, all on one not-very-big island! Just traveling within England, the terrain and scenery and local dialects and colloquialisms change completely in relatively short distances.

Personal Confession: I worry about this very thing quite a bit, and struggle with it, here at FC. Having lived abroad so long, particularly in the UK, my speech and the words I use have changed, much of my vocabulary really. My computer and devices' keyboards are set up for UK and my spelling has changed over time, FC is the only place really, where I communicate electronically with Americans. Friends and family make fun of me, friends give me shit to my face and family talks behind my back.

So I do worry about coming across bourgeois here or just a pretentious arsehole, but I'm also lazy and can't be bothered to switch back and forth in the hope that maybe strangers will "like" me more. So the spelling stays English-UK but I do translate certain words and measurements to be better understood by the majority. :tup:

Ramahs

Yeah. However, the surprise and the "this is the first time such a terrible thing has ever happened here" as if kids don't do drugs in school all the damn time, also comes across as quite bourgeois as well.

I bet the students even wear fucking uniforms :puke:

blackstone

I just learned that is at least the second incident of it's type in UK this year. The other occuring only days before April 20th.
It made me remember other UK edible stories from 2019 such as,
"Nurses get stoned after grandad accidently gives space cake as thank you gift", and
"Fifteen metal detectorists fall ill after eating cannabis spiked cakes" which happened in a place called High Melton!

Thought there was one about elderly people at a gardening show but maybe Im wrong,
lots of dog vs edible incidents reported in UK too recently.
I also just found "Funeral in Germany ends on a high as hash cake accidently served"
OMG! My respects to those people.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
All of those stories are pretty funny but:
"Funeral in Germany ends on a high as hash cake accidently served"
Is fucking hilarious, can you imagine how that went down? :lol: A solemn and stoic affair descending into a massive trip party! Thanks for making me spit tea, @blackstone Bonus Points!

The British Media historically sucks the big one when covering cannabis, going on about "skunk" like it's the 90s. So mock despair and hand-wringing doesn't surprise me, that they're spreading fear and misinformation here isn't a shock, most articles I've seen related to cannabis or its components in any form leave me shaking my damn head. The Home Office is in the Dark Ages as well, the NHS and doctors do not want to handle a political hot potato and hide behind "How would we prescribe it? What constitutes a proper dose?" bullshit. They talk about harm from smoking weed like vaporisation doesn't exist. The CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) aka "The Man" and police organisations aren't going after cannabis unless its organised crime with big operations. It's a "softly softly" approach but it's not enough and really nuts to me that a progressive society can still demonise a plant. It's like the healthcare establishment don't want to admit they were ever wrong about cannabis and the very notion it can be quite beneficial for a number of conditions is laughable to most of them. It makes me crazy! :mental:

"We'll just sit back and observe those crazy Canadian colonials conduct these dangerous social experiments, thank you very much. At least alcoholism, binge drinking and drink driving aren't responsible for mounting societal problems and crushing medical costs throughout the UK.
Because then it really would be hard to justify our collective irrational fear of cannabis." :doh:

I suppose we have to wait for every last dinosaur to die or until GW Pharmaceuticals figures a way to monopolise its production. The whole situation is :bang: I'm honestly so thankful for FC for helping hold onto a shred of my sanity, without ya'll I'd be talking to myself! :rant: Maybe someday I won't have to be so angry about this shit.

blackstone

All of those stories are pretty funny but:

Is fucking hilarious, can you imagine how that went down? :lol: A solemn and stoic affair descending into a massive trip party! Thanks for making me spit tea, @blackstone Bonus Points!

I felt bad for the relatives, if someone did it to me with something I dont often use or not at all like alcohol or class As i would be ready to cause another funeral!

The British Media historically sucks the big one when covering cannabis, going on about "skunk" like it's the 90s. So mock despair and hand-wringing doesn't surprise me, that they're spreading fear and misinformation here isn't a shock, most articles I've seen related to cannabis or its components in any form leave me shaking my damn head. The Home Office is in the Dark Ages as well, the NHS and doctors do not want to handle a political hot potato and hide behind "How would we prescribe it? What constitutes a proper dose?" bullshit. They talk about harm from smoking weed like vaporisation doesn't exist. The CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) aka "The Man" and police organisations aren't going after cannabis unless its organised crime with big operations. It's a "softly softly" approach but it's not enough and really nuts to me that a progressive society can still demonise a plant. It's like the healthcare establishment don't want to admit they were ever wrong about cannabis and the very notion it can be quite beneficial for a number of conditions is laughable to most of them. It makes me crazy! :mental:

"We'll just sit back and observe those crazy Canadian colonials conduct these dangerous social experiments, thank you very much. At least alcoholism, binge drinking and drink driving aren't responsible for mounting societal problems and crushing medical costs throughout the UK.
Because then it really would be hard to justify our collective irrational fear of cannabis." :doh:

I suppose we have to wait for every last dinosaur to die or until GW Pharmaceuticals figures a way to monopolise its production. The whole situation is :bang:

I agree fully, and I'm equally shocked nothing has moved yet.
The crazy thing is there are thousands of police in UK and all around Europe that truly expected a shift toward legalisation as much as 15-20 years ago.
I think the dinosaurs are the only issue here.

I'm honestly so thankful for FC for helping hold onto a shred of my sanity, without ya'll I'd be talking to myself! :rant: Maybe someday I won't have to be so angry about this shit.

Here, Here!
Oh now I sound like those one of those dinosaurs in that house of commons thing they have!

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

gothoo6

Trump Says He Can Ignore Medical Marijuana Protections Passed By Congress
In a statement attached to a large-scale funding bill he signed into law on Friday, President Trump said in effect that he reserves the right to ignore a congressionally approved provision that seeks to protect state medical marijuana laws from federal interference.
I usually stay out of it because we don’t talk politics on here, but.....Trump 2020! I like the fact of our country going in a positive direction instead)))))))

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I usually stay out of it because we don’t talk politics on here, but.....Trump 2020! I like the fact of our country going in a positive direction instead)))))))
"our country"? Hmmm. [checks IP address and email domain] Aaaaand it's a Russian troll. :goon:

1*SjFgjO4KcxAut_3MQedWKw.jpeg

:peace:

Top Bottom