Cannabis News

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Is anyone else as pissed off as I am that there is so much pressure to kill ALL FORMS OF VAPING when the actual problem seems to be nothing more than fraudulent carts being made and sold by folks who just don't care that they are poisoning users? Does anyone believe that this "movement" isn't coming from and being pushed by the tobacco industry? Tobacco industry lobbyists have the ear of the dolt, I mean the President. Again, it's all about the $$$$$

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Is anyone else as pissed off as I am that there is so much pressure to kill ALL FORMS OF VAPING when the actual problem seems to be nothing more than fraudulent carts being made and sold by folks who just don't care that they are poisoning users? Does anyone believe that this "movement" isn't coming from and being pushed by the tobacco industry? Tobacco industry lobbyists have the ear of the dolt, I mean the President. Again, it's all about the $$$$$

I don't just believe it, I will guarantee you it's not coming from the tobacco industry. They know smoking is on it's last legs. Considering Altria(parent company of Philip Morris USA)invested 12.8 billion in Juul last year, I'd hardly say there's any chance tobacco is behind it. I know a rep for Altria and they are crushed by the vaping bs. Money lost, jobs cut, plans cancelled/on hold. Please don't let me give an impression of boo, hoo, for tobacco or Altria, just telling what I know.
Altria had lots of plans for Juul until the recent vape-is-the-devil craze. A dozen years ago, I'd agree with you, but not now. Much of the vape industry and tobacco have joined efforts/been bought up/synergized/whatever. Look at the names behind the big vape brands. You don't think Altria had plans o have Marlboro Red Juul pods and pods for all the other brands they owned?

I do agree its coming from somewhere though because it was a huge, strong, fast push to demonize the vaping industry. If I was a betting man I'd reckon some of those anti-cannabis organizations in med/rec legal states have decided to put their money and power of persuasion(fear mongering) and start a new "crisis" where America needs to "think of the kids". I did hear colleagues of a teacher friend of mine mention how some elementary kids and lots of middle school'ers in their districts have been caught using Juuls.

So the question of, "Who's trying(some say it's just a matter of time till it's dead) to kill the vape industry?" should be asked but I'll bet anyone my vape/glass collection, that it's not tobacco.

Tranquility

I don't just believe it, I will guarantee you it's not coming from the tobacco industry. They know smoking is on it's last legs. Considering Altria(parent company of Philip Morris USA)invested 12.8 billion in Juul last year, I'd hardly say there's any chance tobacco is behind it. I know a rep for Altria and they are crushed by the vaping bs. Money lost, jobs cut, plans cancelled/on hold. Please don't let me give an impression of boo, hoo, for tobacco or Altria, just telling what I know.
Altria had lots of plans for Juul until the recent vape-is-the-devil craze. A dozen years ago, I'd agree with you, but not now. Much of the vape industry and tobacco have joined efforts/been bought up/synergized/whatever. Look at the names behind the big vape brands. You don't think Altria had plans o have Marlboro Red Juul pods and pods for all the other brands they owned?

I do agree its coming from somewhere though because it was a huge, strong, fast push to demonize the vaping industry. If I was a betting man I'd reckon some of those anti-cannabis organizations in med/rec legal states have decided to put their money and power of persuasion(fear mongering) and start a new "crisis" where America needs to "think of the kids". I did hear colleagues of a teacher friend of mine mention how some elementary kids and lots of middle school'ers in their districts have been caught using Juuls.

So the question of, "Who's trying(some say it's just a matter of time till it's dead) to kill the vape industry?" should be asked but I'll bet anyone my vape/glass collection, that it's not tobacco.

I agree it is not the tobacco companies. Vaping products were supposed to be their transition to a more profitable business. I also agree a part has to do with mommies with nothing better to do than avoid vaccinations and to "think of the children!" in regards to vaping. (To be fair, there DOES seem an incredible uptick on kids using ecigs. The data is a little alarming.)

When we follow the money here, the ones left are the states. They get more for tobacco taxes then they get for vape juice because of the settlement against big tobacco years ago. While in my heart, I suspect it is more of the "think of the children!" crowd as the reason, my cynical brain goes to money. https://medium.com/@diyordievaping/...n-your-state-wants-to-ban-vaping-62a0dbb39ad6

Edit:
Forgot the moms!
https://vaping360.com/vape-news/71696/meet-the-rich-moms-who-want-to-ban-vaping/

Planck

believes in Dog
I don't just believe it, I will guarantee you it's not coming from the tobacco industry.

I agree it is not the tobacco companies.
BT is covering their ass. They have spent vast sums to demonize vaping and vast sums to buy into the market. Clearly many other groups are at play here. To borrow a phrase for one with a big a brain, who knew vaping is so complicated.

Follow the money. BT supports almost all anti-vaping organizations financially.
Many States are fuxored from mismanaging their Master Settlement Funds from BT.
Lobby groups that claim to protect us (AMA, Am Lung ASS etc) sound the alarm with one hand while the other reaches for funding.

Here is part of BT's dilemma no one needs them. E-cigs are a mature product, e-juice is a simple compound and also a very cheap compound. Anyone can make safe e-juice for pennies. Ingredients about 0.02 a ml, level of difficulty very very low.

BT can't make huge money from vapers unless they are awarded a monopoly.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The 'Father of Cannabis Research' on the Untapped Potential of Marijuana as Medicine

Raphael Mechoulam recently celebrated his 89th birthday, but the “father of cannabis research” isn’t done trying to uncover the secrets of marijuana.

In 1964, Mechoulam discovered THC, the cannabinoid most famous for its intoxicating effect. The find in turn led to the discovery of the endocannabinoid system (ECS). The ECS likely plays a role in regulating immune function, but it also influences memory, mood, hormone regulation and more.

NYC_Frank

"A man with no vices is a man with no virtues"
Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Michael Bloomberg Now Says Legalizing Pot Is 'Stupid'

As a twenty-one year old in my house said yesterday, "Yeah, I wasn't going to vote for him anyway." Newsweek reports that Michael Bloomberg isn't just flushing millions down the toilet to be considered a presidential candidate. He's flushing the millennial vote with it

So him and Biden have kind of flipped, in a weird political, lying bastard sort of way. Bloomy once has good things to say about cannabis but now doesn't. Now Biden, who was dead set against it, now eases off just a little. Not because he believes it, but because it would hopefully get him a few more votes. Another great and moral leader for our country.

The 2020 election is going to be like trying to decide what to eat at a shitty buffet.

Government regulation is sort of their way to ensure that political corruption maintains its dominance over the common people.

Last edited:

Schlumples

Resident Otter
American politics, you just can't make this shit up! :uhoh::suspicious::disgust:
Really can't. Last time I was in Canada this guy I was smoking with asked me a lot of questions. Turns out he really didn't believe a lot of what he's read about the US because he couldn't wrap his head around it. So my answers were shocking to him :rofl:

I routinely get texts from him to this day asking "you got legal pot or healthcare yet? :lol:"

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Not Really Cannabis News but Good News Nevertheless
Robocall crackdown sails through the impeachment noise

Robocalls have seemingly done the impossible: Unite a toxically divided Washington.

A sweeping 417-3 House vote Wednesday left Congress on the verge of passing legislation aimed at knocking back the billions of unwanted automated phone calls that torment Americans each month, amid hopes the Senate can send the measure to President Donald Trump by Christmas.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
This raises a lot more questions than it answers. It's only one case, so it seems a bit weird to draw inferences about metal leeching from coils from this one case.

But more than that it set off questions in my head....since every vape cart has its own coil (and the pen, in the case of 510 threaded carts, just provides the battery), how would we, as users, go about doing quality control? I can buy a pen with a ceramic coil (and I have a few) and that's fine for shatter or wax I vape in the pen's atomizer, but using the pen as a battery puts one right back at risk for whatever the cartridge's coil is doing.

I'm kind of assuming that locally made carts sold by licensed medical dealers are fine, but that could also be a dangerous assumption.

Mostly, though, I kind of hate studies that make sweeping global conclusions based on one patient. Seems unscientific at best. :2c:

Tranquility

Space pot.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/10535718/space-x-cannabis-iss-weed/

ELON Musk's Space X will be sending cannabis to the astronauts on the International Space Station (ISS).

The space dwellers can expect their delivery to be on a Space X Dragon capsule, which is scheduled to make its next trip in March 2020.

Musk himself may be the man behind Space X but he's not the brains behind these weed plans.

It's actually agri-tech company Front Range Biosciences.

The firm recently announced its intentions to send plant cultures of hemp, the legal cannabis strain with low levels of the THC compound, to space.

Once there, the cultures are intended to remain in an ISS incubator for 30 days.

During the 30 day period, the hemp will be monitored remotely from the University of Colorado, Boulder by BioServe Space Technologies.

The cannabis cultures will then be sent home to Earth.

Once home, Front Range Biosciences will be observing what effect, if any, space radiation and micro-gravity has had on the gene expression of hemp.

Front Range CEO Jonathan Vaught said: "There is science to support the theory that plants in space experience mutations.

"This is an opportunity to see whether those mutations hold up once brought back to Earth and if there are new commercial applications."

Hemp is a strain of cannabis that is grown for industrial uses.

It can be refined and turned into a number of items including paper, clothing, biodegradable plastics and even animal feed.

It's low concentrations of THC and higher concentrations of cannabidiol (CBD) mean it can have little to no psychoactive effect.

Musk has been connected to cannabis before.

The eccentric billionaire was famously captured smoking a marijuana roll up on the Los Angeles-based Joe Rogan experience podcast because the drug is legal in the state of California.

He came under fire for this because weed is prohibited for people with government security clearance, which Musk was given in 2015 when SpaceX began launching satellites for the Pentagon.

Shortly after smoking, Musk dressed in a black T-shirt that said "Occupy Mars" told comedian Rogan: “I'm not a regular smoker of weed.”

He added: "I don't find that it is very good for productivity.”

Edit:
Smoke 'em if you got 'em.
Major league baseball says cannabis is no longer listed as a "drug of abuse" in their player contract.
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...e-opioid-testing-marijuana-removed-drug-abuse

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
And Leafly’s 2019 strain of the year is…
“Best” is subjective, but there must always be a champion. That applies to most things in life, and cannabis is no different. Year after year, strain after strain, we smoke our way through some of the best weedy weed on the planet, and here at the end of 2019, a queen has risen to the top.

Last year it was Gelato, confirmed by data, impact, and overall experience. This year?

Leafly’s 2019 strain of the year is Wedding Cake.

====================================================================

State Department Warns Travelers About Flying With Cannabis Oil Internationally
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomang...th-cannabis-oil-internationally/#659dc53d6c8b
The U.S. State Department is warning international holiday travelers that while hemp-derived CBD might be legal in the U.S., it can land you in trouble if you take it certain places abroad.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Is marijuana linked to psychosis, schizophrenia? It's contentious but doctors, feds say yes

"It is time for Americans to understand there are substantial risks with marijuana," said Dr. Elinore McCance-Katz, the Department of Health and Human Services' top mental health official. “This is not the government making up data."

Luckily, there have been no studies showing legal alcohol causing any societal problems whatsoever. Whataboutism! I can't help myself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom