Cannabis News

florduh

This is NOT about whiskey, this is NOT about cannabis, this is NOT about how much cannabis a person uses. This is about a CEO having company wide regulations, with consequences for violating those regulations. The problem is when the consequences are not applied equally to everyone who violates them.

It is not fair and sends a mixed message to everyone. Again, this is not about cannabis or any substance, the same holds true if you had those kinds of regulations for peanut butter cookies.

Fair is fair and Elon Musk is not fair.

:2c:

I'm not sure about that.

Musk claims in response to the controversy that: “Our policy allows trace amounts of THC [an ingredient of cannabis] during work times, provided they are below the safety limit (much like a minimum alcohol level).”

They could've tested Musk an hour later and he would't have even had trace amounts of THC in his system. If another employee did exactly what Musk did they wouldn't have been fired.

Now Musk might be lying, but I sort of doubt that.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Yeah, I just think it's funny that every news organization on earth was apoplectic over the almost non-existent weed puff, but had nothing to say about hitting the whiskey hard in the middle of the day.

Absolutely felt the same way about the general OMG response to Musk "mouth pumping" (not inhaling) that blunt. BUT....

A bunch of the reaction, and overreaction, to Musk's hitting that blunt wasn't because of the blunt/MJ though. Musk has been acting more and more erratic as the pressure of being a CEO of a "public" company has been getting to him. Even minor "out of the norm" events get blown up in this environment that he himself created with his antics. Musk just can't take being under the microscope like that. Unfotunately for him it comes with the scrutiny, questioning and responsibility required by the investment world. His brilliance is being couched by his inability to apply that brilliance to running a public company. He can't take it and some are even saying the stock market may have "broke him".

He makes prognostications and statements about Tesla that were complete fails and he gets called on it and we all know what happens when Musk feels defensive. Great mind...weak character?

steama

You keep saying that, so why are we having a discussion about Elon Musk in the Cannabis News thread? If someone wants to make an Elon Musk thread in the lounge they are free to do so. Let's keep this thread dedicated to the topic that it was named for.

Thank you.

:peace:
you got it buddy :tup:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
Coca-Cola Is Eyeing the Cannabis Market
The world’s largest beverage company may be the next industry giant to jump into the cannabis drinks business.

Coca-Cola Co. says it’s monitoring the nascent industry and is interested in drinks infused with CBD -- the non-psychoactive ingredient in marijuana that treats pain but doesn’t get you high.

Call me when they start adding psilocybin....
coca-cola-used-to-have-cocaine-in-it.jpg

Last edited:

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Coca-Cola Is Eyeing the Cannabis Market
The world’s largest beverage company may be the next industry giant to jump into the cannabis drinks business.

Coca-Cola Co. says it’s monitoring the nascent industry and is interested in drinks infused with CBD -- the non-psychoactive ingredient in marijuana that treats pain but doesn’t get you high.

inevitable, but it would be nice if they did a little more footwork, adding in another non-psychoactive cannabinoid - THCa to a CBD mix will help with anxiety as well. What no terpenes?

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
"In this video, Senator Cory Booker (NJ) discusses the Marijuana Justice Act, a groundbreaking bill he introduced in the U.S. Senate that would end federal marijuana prohibition, support racial justice, and help repair the communities most devastated by the war on drugs."

florduh

"In this video, Senator Cory Booker (NJ) discusses the Marijuana Justice Act, a groundbreaking bill he introduced in the U.S. Senate that would end federal marijuana prohibition, support racial justice, and help repair the communities most devastated by the war on drugs."

This is an excellent bill, that will die in the Judiciary Committee.

And not to get political, but I can tell you already which Party will be at fault (spoiler alert: Every Republican on the Committee has either come out against the Bill, or has made public statements against legalization)

You can view the Committee Members here:

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/about/members

I'm not sure who all is up for reelection, except for Ted Cruz.

And fuck that guy.

Last edited:

steama

inevitable, but it would be nice if they did a little more footwork, adding in another non-psychoactive cannabinoid - THCa to a CBD mix will help with anxiety as well. What no terpenes?
Coca-Cola is a capitalist long-timer sweetheart and once Coke sweetly embraces cannabis means cannabis prohibition is over -- whether coke has thc infused products or cbd infused products it does not matter, the fat lady is singing for marijuana prohibition to be over. When the 1% sees a chance to make billions off of the working class they are happy to legalize factory farmed weed and refined THC products made by factories owned by the 1% of course. Cannabis is going to be completely legal very soon. We all know it comes down to a money thing like everything else in this big crazy country we love.

:)

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Coca-Cola is a capitalist long-timer sweetheart and once Coke sweetly embraces cannabis means cannabis prohibition is over -- whether coke has thc infused products or cbd infused products it does not matter, the fat lady is singing for marijuana prohibition to be over. When the 1% sees a chance to make billions off of the working class they are happy to legalize factory farmed weed and refined THC products made by factories owned by the 1% of course. Cannabis is going to be completely legal very soon. We all know it comes down to a money thing like everything else in this big crazy country we love.

:)

Factory farm away. Just please let me grow my own.
I'd love to be able to grow my own medicine!

hibeam

alpha +
FL negotiated rule making proceeding video on setting max daily dose limits

Currently a couple statewide company doc cert offices are capping all patient doses equally at 200 mg (a soft limit already set by the DoH OMMU) per each of 4 administration routes, for THC and CBD, and they are seeing patients no more than the minimum every 210 days, BUT the OMMU is seeing a really wide range of numbers statewide...the only cert doc on this meeting's panel (a doc well known in Tallahassee) is known to rec only 20mg average daily dose for THC.

The purpose of the meeting is not to dictate average, but to set a cap everyone agrees on. The cert doctor wanted to use same mg number as prescribed for Epidiolex and Marinol, but was reminded of the negotiated meeting's purpose. He was also scolded for saying "prescribe" instead of "recommend".

I am looking for Part 2's link to post here.

Link: https://thefloridachannel.org/video...-use-negotiated-rulemaking-proceeding-part-2/

Last edited:

C No Ego

FL negotiated rule making proceeding video on setting max daily dose limits

Currently a couple statewide company doc cert offices are capping all patient doses equally at 200 mg (a soft limit already set by the DoH OMMU) per each of 4 administration routes, for THC and CBD, and they are seeing patients no more than the minimum every 210 days, BUT the OMMU is seeing a really wide range of numbers statewide...the only cert doc on this meeting's panel (a doc well known in Tallahassee) is known to rec only 20mg average daily dose for THC.

The purpose of the meeting is not to dictate average, but to set a cap everyone agrees on. The cert doctor wanted to use same mg number as prescribed for Epidiolex and Marinol, but was reminded of the negotiated meeting's purpose. He was also scolded for saying "prescribe" instead of "recommend".

I am looking for Part 2's link to post here.
yeah, I just cannot click and read how they want to limit everyones medicine!?!!!

what about forums that allow more plants for people and less rules and shit

hibeam

alpha +
yeah, I just cannot click and read how they want to limit everyones medicine!?!!!

what about forums that allow more plants for people and less rules and shit
It's really hard to watch these people from the perspective of a higher conscience, but seeing them in their true form, especially the cert doctor who has prohibited pharmaceutical ties (that I might be able to prove in a matter of hours with a PI), is another kind of education. The conservative doctor seems to be outnumbered by all others participating....I'll watch to the end now.

Last edited:
hibeam,
Reactions: C No Ego

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
IMO this daily dose crap out of FL is only going to set the state up for a thriving black market if the system is not going to provide enough product for patients' needs.
Doesn't it already have one? I wonder if, in states that make medical too difficult, a lack of interest or enrollment would encourage them to change their program design or just allow them to say "We tried" and move on? I suppose that would depend at least partially on how aggressive/effective the movement is in the state, but I think there are several states who are doing more of a head fake.

hibeam

alpha +
About Florida:

One of the panel members in the limit setting talks is a private investigator aside from being an attorney. He works for a huge nationwide firm that works for entrepreneurs. Our system is mostly bogged down in lawsuits for so many aspects of the program. Somebody sues the state for regulation issues, they win, but the state appeals and gets a stay.

The idea of product diversion to black market got laughed right out of the room, at current prices. Now over at reddit I see finally lots of complaints about product shortages and hints that daily purchasing limits will be the next debate.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Feds OK Import of Canadian Cannabis for Medical Study
This is a real head scratcher. F'd up administration can't figure out how to deal with a schedule 1 substance that many states have embraced, talks about how it's going to impose 'lifetime bans' Canadians who confess usage, employment or investment in that country's legal activities and then turns around and imports that very substance! WTF? It's not like you can't find 'pharmaceutical-grade cannabis' in San Diego CA...

steama

Feds OK Import of Canadian Cannabis for Medical Study
This is a real head scratcher. F'd up administration can't figure out how to deal with a schedule 1 substance that many states have embraced, talks about how it's going to impose 'lifetime bans' Canadians who confess usage, employment or investment in that country's legal activities and then turns around and imports that very substance! WTF? It's not like you can't find 'pharmaceutical-grade cannabis' in San Diego CA...
American politicians are so hypocritical it drives me nuts. It is a fucking nightmare. All that I can say is George Carlin was right.

:disgust:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last edited:
Top Bottom