Cannabis News

florduh

There's a big difference though;
marinol is a synthetic form of THC,
while epidiolex is real CBD derived from the hemp plant.

I mean, there is a big difference to us. But I don't see how the manufacturing process should matter. My point is THC and CBD both now have accepted medical uses. They are the major active components of cannabis. Seems silly that Marijuana, a drug that derives its effects from CBD and THC is Schedule 1, but THC and CBD themselves are not.

No but I saw that article, just can't find it atm. The DEA will have to reclassify CBD before GW can begin marketing Epidiolex, which is already approved by the FDA. #conundrum

I literally can't find any source that President Trump himself asked the DEA to do anything in regards to CBD...or anything else. Now the FDA and DEA are in a bind, and it likely WILL be rescheduled. The DEA spokesperson already admitted as much.

florduh,
Reactions: shredder

grokit

well-worn member
I mean, there is a big difference to us. But I don't see how the manufacturing process should matter. My point is THC and CBD both now have accepted medical uses.
I understand your point. But synthetic cannabinoids get around the whole dea scheduling thing, because they're not physically derived from the cannabis plant. They only have to be approved by the fda.

florduh

I understand your point. But synthetic cannabinoids get around the whole dea scheduling thing, because they're not physically derived from the cannabis plant. They only have to be approved by the fda.

Got it. Just looking at the situation like a rational person, it seems silly to me that a molecule found in nature has no medical use, but the same exact molecule made in a lab does.

Also... hasn't CBD derived from legal hemp been "legal" for years? I've been buying CBD Isolate with a credit card, online for a while. Every head shop sells some sort of hemp derived CBD product for sale

florduh,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
Also... hasn't CBD derived from legal hemp been "legal" for years? I've been buying CBD Isolate with a credit card, online for a while. Every head shop sells some sort of hemp derived CBD product for sale
Not really, it's been more of a grey area until recently when a federal appellate court and the dea agreed not to mess with cbd derived from "hemp". But if it's derived from "marijuana" then it's still federally illegal.
The big issue with what I just pointed out, is currently there's no way to tell the difference :lmao:

edit:
Some say that hemp is cannabis sativa, I say it's a third variety, cannabis ruderalis.
It's probably both, just another grey area with many other variables :2c:

Last edited:

florduh

Not really, it's been more of a grey area until recently, when a federal appelate court and the dea agreed not to mess with cbd derived from "hemp". But if it's derived from "marijuana" then it's still federally illegal.
The big issue with what I just pointed out, is currently there's no way to tell the difference :lmao:

edit:
Some say that hemp is cannabis sativa, I say it's a third variety, cannabis ruderalis.
It's probably both, just another grey area with many other variables :2c:

LOL good point. My gram of pure CBD works just fine even though it was derived from hemp.

But now I'm wondering... why is the Epidiolex approval good news? Is it derived from "marijuana" rather than hemp? Unless I'm missing something, this is just an opportunity for Pharma companies to cash in on something I've been buying affordably for years.

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
@florduh it's just one step closer for the US government to painting themselves completely in the corner to the ignorant masses, we already see them squarely in the corner.

sadly, the government could give a flyin F* if they are painted into a corner, they've been proving that the entire time I've been alive. The Patent didn't make a difference, and it's been around for 15 years (25 if you count when it was applied for). They continued prosecuting cannabis patients and disallowing a medical defense, while they already had a patent for that very thing.

C No Ego

LOL good point. My gram of pure CBD works just fine even though it was derived from hemp.

But now I'm wondering... why is the Epidiolex approval good news? Is it derived from "marijuana" rather than hemp? Unless I'm missing something, this is just an opportunity for Pharma companies to cash in on something I've been buying affordably for years.
marijuana is not even a real botanical reference to any plant in the world... it is a Government word that they created to control cannabis / Hemp ... marijuana is the straw man / stick man for cannabis so that the Gov can proclaim any freakin thing they want to about this made up plant. even studies with " marijuana " are not based on cannabinoid sciences etc...

Morty

Congrats to Oklahoma on passing their medical marijuana bill.

https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/oklahoma-voters-approve-medical-marijuana-legalization

"The new medical marijuana law is particularly noteworthy in that it gives doctors wide leeway in determining what conditions qualify for cannabis use".

Yes! IMO, how is should be.

"I think it’s not written right,” Connie Givens, a 67-year-old Republican in Oklahoma City, told the Associated Press as the election approached. “I think it’s just so people can get marijuana.”

And the young replace the old with their antiquated views and dark age beliefs. A new sun is rising while yours is almost set. Thanks Connie. We hardly even knew thee.

We need more of the Midwest to start following suit. You listening Misery (Missouri) ! You too Toto!

Edit: Congrats @nickdanger !

Last edited:

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art

https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/oklahoma-voters-approve-medical-marijuana-legalization

"The new medical marijuana law is particularly noteworthy in that it gives doctors wide leeway in determining what conditions qualify for cannabis use".

"I think it’s not written right,” Connie Givens, a 67-year-old Republican in Oklahoma City, told the Associated Press as the election approached. “I think it’s just so people can get marijuana.”

And the young replace the old with their antiquated views and dark age beliefs. A new sun is rising while yours is almost set. Thanks Connie. We hardly even knew thee.

We need more of the Midwest to start following suit. You listening Misery (Missouri) ! You too Toto!
Yes, we are happy!! It is quite a loose bill, so I am surprised it passed with such a large margin. The fearmongering was in full force toward the end because they saw it was going to pass. Thankfully, they did not prevail. In fact, a lot of law enforcement officers came out in favor of the bill.

Now there will be a lot of scrambling to work out details, because it becomes effective in one month. Hopefully, they won't try to screw it up. Due to such a large margin (57 to 43%) they may not mess with it much. Legislature will be called into special session because of this. I think they dragged their feet in regular session because they thought it did not have a chance to pass. I actually thought that Oklahoma would absolutely be the LAST to pass anything, and I'd never see this in my lifetime. WE ARE ECSTATIC! :D:D

C No Ego

Edit: Congrats @nickdanger !
One huge elephant in the room problem= doctors are not taught about plants or prescribing of them @ no time in their career... how can they prescribe "" plants"" ??... this leads me to think they will come up with some type of medication instead and call it marijuana medicine to prescribe... it is great that doctors can prescribe at will bit still how can they claim to know one iota about cannabis plant? and endocannabinoid system ? what even about that etc.... so much left to sort out it seems...........

shredder

Yes, we are happy!! It is quite a loose bill, so I am surprised it passed with such a large margin. The fearmongering was in full force toward the end because they saw it was going to pass. Thankfully, they did not prevail. In fact, a lot of law enforcement officers came out in favor of the bill.

Now there will be a lot of scrambling to work out details, because it becomes effective in one month. Hopefully, they won't try to screw it up. Due to such a large margin (57 to 43%) they may not mess with it much. Legislature will be called into special session because of this. I think they dragged their feet in regular session because they thought it did not have a chance to pass. I actually thought that Oklahoma would absolutely be the LAST to pass anything, and I'd never see this in my lifetime. WE ARE ECSTATIC! :D:D

If I were an Okie, I wouldn't celebrate just yet. In other states, once voters passed initiatives the legislature drastically altered the law to make even small infractions into felonies. The rules of how the state administers the law makes a huge difference. For example they could make it damn near impossible for a dr to sign for a patient. My state does just that. And since OK is redder than red........ Still im glad the people have spoken.

It happened in my state (MI) and now were going to vote on full legalization in nov. and I'm sure our legislature will fuck it up as best they can, if past experience is any indication.

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
If I were an Okie, I wouldn't celebrate just yet. In other states, once voters passed initiatives the legislature drastically altered the law to make even small infractions into felonies. The rules of how the state administers the law makes a huge difference. For example they could make it damn near impossible for a dr to sign for a patient. My state does just that. And since OK is redder than red........ Still im glad the people have spoken.

It happened in my state (MI) and now were going to vote on full legalization in nov. and I'm sure our legislature will fuck it up as best they can, if past experience is any indication.
Yes, not celebrating yet, but we are extremely pleased with the margin and the outcome, especially since this is a dark red state. I'm sure the legislators will do their best to make it difficult for all involved. At least it's a start, and we are not the 50th state, which I believed would be the case. I think a lot of folks around here are sick and tired of being preached to by people who still have "reefer madness" mentality. Also, there are a lot of people who are fed up with the government telling them what they can and cannot do. Many law enforcement officers came out in favor of the bill, unlike the DA's, sheriffs and the upper management. It kind of puts a damper on their ever-expanding private prison industry.

@C No Ego you are correct about the doctors not knowing shit about plant medicines for the most part. They've been educated by pHARMa reps. Luckily, mine is more naturopathic than allopathic, so I think it will work out ok for me and her other patients after the dust settles.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
"I think it’s not written right,” Connie Givens, a 67-year-old Republican in Oklahoma City, told the Associated Press as the election approached. “I think it’s just so people can get marijuana.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good news neighbors =) Hopefully ya'll can get some good grows going and avoid a lot of BS involved when you have to deal with caregivers and regulations in their infancy. Now I wonder what Texas is gonna do :D

florduh

[

Your intolerance is sickening.

What are you talking about? They simply said THEY personally don't belong in a Red State. Specifically because Red States lean towards Christian moralism about cannabis. This is a cannabis fan site. Seems like a reasonable comment given that. You're free to disagree. But "sickening" seems like a bit much.

Also you posted in this thread that President Trump personally asked the DEA to reschedule CBD. This is big news if true. Unfortunately I can't find anything on Google News to back that up. Can you post your source?

Last edited:

Skunkport

I admit I've never been to Texas, but it sounds awesome to me. Sure, weed is illegal - but it's probably the only place on earth you can disguise your vape as a giant fucking sword to avoid police attention.
I'm an unabashed nerd, I'd be walking around strapped with more blades than the cast of American Ninja 2 at a Renn Faire.

florduh

Top Senate Dem Introduces ‘Marijuana Freedom and Opportunity Act’

The Bill would decriminalize cannabis on the Federal level, set aside money for research, and encourage expungement of State and local possession convictions.

I don't see this bill going anywhere. But it's still pretty historic. The highest ranking Senator from one of our two political parties just introduced a bill decriminalizing marijuana. This would've been unthinkable a decade ago.

shredder

This is what I'm waiting for.

Yes, I'm from a shitty garbage state...but I hope to be able to afford to escape to the north one day.

I am NOT a Republican and I am NOT a Christian. I don't belong in this Red fucking state.

I would do the same. If my state had their collective head up their ass, I'd leave too. Hell I thought about going to Canada lately. It's civil and progressive, what's not to like?

shredder

The weather. Though once climate change kicks in, I'm sure moving:lol:.

Canada didn't propose a likely to fail cannabis decriminalization bill. They just legalized it outright. Because they're not dummies.

I already live further north than the majority of Canadians. Living here all my life, I've grown to enjoy winter. And having seasons seems less boring. We have kids/grandkids in the SoCal desert and in north Carolina. But neither place gets me too exited. Not a fan of hot especially with humidity. It gets touchy here, but I've grown in my barn without AC for 5 years at this place, and 4 years in my garage without AC at my last house. Gotta love that, eh?

florduh

I already live further north than the majority of Canadians. Living here all my life, I've grown to enjoy winter. And having seasons seems less boring. We have kids/grandkids in the SoCal desert and in north Carolina. But neither place gets me too exited. Not a fan of hot especially with humidity. It gets touchy here, but I've grown in my barn without AC for 5 years at this place, and 4 years in my garage without AC at my last house. Gotta love that, eh?

Good on you! After growing up with Chicago winters... I just don't see a reason to do it again, for me personally. And after living in Floriduh, the 60 degree SoCal winters give me all the "seasons" I want.

There is something romantic about toughing out a winter though. Northmen (northpeople?) are tough.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
[

Your intolerance is sickening.

Lol. You're sooo cute, little buddy :razz:

I would do the same. If my state had their collective head up their ass, I'd leave too. Hell I thought about going to Canada lately. It's civil and progressive, what's not to like?

O' Canada, O' Canada...it's lookin' better every day. Eh?

After Kennedy's retirement announcement we'll most likely have the Giant Screaming Pumpkin pull some super-conservative out of his ass and create a majority, and then we're all fucked for the next 20+ years.

I don't know if I've got that many years to live even.

Last edited:
Top Bottom