• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis in 2018 terpene/dilutants and experimenting

Vapology

@SamuraiSam really nailed it with his post in the trinity tank thread ...
Cannabis derived terpenes are good (imo even from ecological grown industrial hemp)
Industrial bulk terpenes blendet together from hobby scientists are bad.

There are over 200 terpenes found in cannabis. IIRC there's about 56 commonly found. Most cannabis analytic laboratories test for about 14-17 on their standard panel and around 40-44 on a more advanced panel. Backyard chemists mixing up industrially sourced terpenes for cleaning and food flavoring are in no way shape or form mimicing flavor profiles that are present in cannabis and the off flavor notes those terpenes often contain must mean there are other compounds in there besides the same terpenes present in cannabis; blending a few types of terps together is simple, far easier than properly extracting and isolating cannabis terpenes, and those making those blends are the terpene equivalent of unregulated kitchen-brewed e-cig juice manufacturers. They may not be accounting for other constituents picked up in their distillation or other processes, other compounds from material processed to produce those terpenes that may not be present in cannabis terpenes.

I have tried many blended terps and they all, quite frankly, taste like shit compared to even steam distilled terpenes, or CO2 extracted terpene+flavonoid extractions; and none of those other cannabinoid derived terpenes have the layers of flavor complexity as Blue River terpenes.

PS just noticed some in here saying they are using True Terpenes. I must say that multiple True Terpene flavors (one was an isolated single terpene and another a blended flavor) I tried had some of the most unpleasant, chemically flavor notes, and my sensitive throat and lungs found them very, very unpleasant to inhale. I am not saying Blue River is the only way as there are several other companies producing good cannabis derived terpenes, and being in my opinion the upper-echelon of quality when it comes to terpenes they're also up there in price; but please consider actual cannabis derived terpenes even if they are less flavorful such as steam distilled ones, as opposed to backyard chemist produced blends of mass produced terpenes isolated from ? by ?.

Danksta

How did this end up if you dont mind me asking? I had almost placed an order with denver terps myself, went through the order process partly. didnt think i had entered card info. then yesterday i get a package from denver terpenes. Inside was a 1ml jar of Gorilla glue terps, just what i had in my cart. i checked my bank statement and dont see a charge.... any one else have this experience or similar?

Denver Terps never sent an invoice or terps. I sent one email asking what was going on and never heard back. I doubt I'll give them a second try. They clearly don't want my business.

Mr. Terps ended up to be pretty good minus one or two minor issues.

I got zero order confirmation via email or email about the shipment. I had to login to their site. Not a huge deal.

I was sent a substitute without being notified. I might have missed something in their TOS but it wasn't a big deal. I enjoyed what they sent and will email them next time to see what is actually in stock.

Shipping was free and was first class

The terps themselves were very nice. Not Cann-derived but still very good.

At the end of the day this how I would describe CANNA vs NON-CANNA

Canna tastes like you are vaping weed
NON tastes like you added essential oils to your meds. Not a bad thing if they are quality terps.

The Mr. Terps stuff was very very good. I plan to get more.

Tomfool86

Denver Terps never sent an invoice or terps. I sent one email asking what was going on and never heard back. I doubt I'll give them a second try. They clearly don't want my business.

Mr. Terps ended up to be pretty good minus one or two minor issues.

I got zero order confirmation via email or email about the shipment. I had to login to their site. Not a huge deal.

I was sent a substitute without being notified. I might have missed something in their TOS but it wasn't a big deal. I enjoyed what they sent and will email them next time to see what is actually in stock.

Shipping was free and was first class

The terps themselves were very nice. Not Cann-derived but still very good.

At the end of the day this how I would describe CANNA vs NON-CANNA

Canna tastes like you are vaping weed
NON tastes like you added essential oils to your meds. Not a bad thing if they are quality terps.

The Mr. Terps stuff was very very good. I plan to get more.

glad to hear that you liked Mr. Terps. they're the next i plan to order. most likely I'll order a small sample of a ml or 2 from them and some cannabis derived to compare. I'm curious as to how much better they are. do you know of any good sources other than blue river?

Danksta

glad to hear that you liked Mr. Terps. they're the next i plan to order. most likely I'll order a small sample of a ml or 2 from them and some cannabis derived to compare. I'm curious as to how much better they are. do you know of any good sources other than blue river?

I don't think anyone has gotten Tony's method down. I'd honestly rather just use these food terps and buy Blue River when I can. I don't trust all these new snake oil saleman leeching onto our fad claiming to have canna-derived terps for a fraction what Tony offers.

Tony's passion is worth supporting IMO.

Tomfool86

I don't think anyone has gotten Tony's method down. I'd honestly rather just use these food terps and buy Blue River when I can. I don't trust all these new snake oil saleman leeching onto our fad claiming to have canna-derived terps for a fraction what Tony offers.

Tony's passion is worth supporting IMO.

I'm sorry if its something i should know or have missed, but who is Tony? Blue River? and one more question about your denver terps. did yours say "Not for consumption"?

Danksta

I'm sorry if its something i should know or have missed, but who is Tony? Blue River? and one more question about your denver terps. did yours say "Not for consumption"?

Tony Veruza founder of Blue River

I never got their terps. They never sent an invoice as they said and they never replied to a followup email.

That's funny they used the Not for Consumption angle. Must be ex research chemical vendors :o :lol:

Tomfool86

Yes i was multi tasking and worded that completely wrong. My apologies. I was asking about your non cannabis derived terps and called them denver terps. Sorry about that. I take it that Mr. Terps didnt have a similar message on it?
I'm really wondering why a company would put that on there other than a legal way to cover their asses. now im wondering if i should just shelf them and order something that is "consumable"

Danksta

Yes i was multi tasking and worded that completely wrong. My apologies. I was asking about your non cannabis derived terps and called them denver terps. Sorry about that. I take it that Mr. Terps didnt have a similar message on it?
I'm really wondering why a company would put that on there other than a legal way to cover their asses. now im wondering if i should just shelf them and order something that is "consumable"

They are just looking out for themselves IMO. Probably just some folks with access running a site. They don't come across legit at all. Sending people invoices after they make an order is what "other" types of biz's online do. I've already written them off as an option.

Mr. Terps didn't pull any of those tricks.

420democrat

Denver terpenes are awesome quality very similar to Mr terps my preference in food grade terps goes towards denver terpenes at the moment for sure
best flavor and smoothest
Mr terps falling into second
Terp nation are not terrible but not the best either
How did this end up if you dont mind me asking? I had almost placed an order with denver terps myself, went through the order process partly. didnt think i had entered card info. then yesterday i get a package from denver terpenes. Inside was a 1ml jar of Gorilla glue terps, just what i had in my cart. i checked my bank statement and dont see a charge.... any one else have this experience or similar?
Wow free terpenes sounds like a score
i really enjoyed my gorrila glue terps but i really really like the grandaddy purp in my current cart

420democrat

They are just looking out for themselves IMO. Probably just some folks with access running a site. They don't come across legit at all. Sending people invoices after they make an order is what "other" types of biz's online do. I've already written them off as an option.

Mr. Terps didn't pull any of those tricks.
Im on my second wholesale order supplying 5 headshops
They are not shady in a bit but some businesses are wholesale only
that said them and mr terps are very close in quality as far as my tastebuds can tell

Danksta

Im on my second wholesale order supplying 5 headshops
They are not shady in a bit but some businesses are wholesale only
that said them and mr terps are very close in quality as far as my tastebuds can tell

That's good they are working out for you. Wish they would communicate. Not sure why that is hard in 2018 with all this tech we got.

BusterNuggets

Is there still time to save my lungs?
Mixed 1 g of Orange Cookies Wax with .15ml of True Terpenes Viscosity and .15ml of True Terpenes Durban Poision. Then made the same mix with OG Kush, OG Banana and Super Lemon Haze. All tasted awesome. Highly recommend. I also mixed 1 g of wax and Bloom Turpenes Pineapple Express and .3 ml of MCT oil. Both very flavorful, however, the Viscosity tastes better and MCT oil is smoother. Wax Liquidizer Original with Turpenes or Just Grape Ape are very good too. IT's a question of if you like to vape PEG400..?

gabaod

Well so far my experience with Mr Terps is very lack luster. Ordered on aug 10, website says will be shipped on monday if ordered on a weekend, I check website on the 15th, it doesnt show shipped no email, I inquire and they inform me its out of stock, but had no problems taking my payment and not informing me, and say itll be shipped on the 20th. Its the 29th and website still doesnt show its been shipped, still no email and last 2 inquires they have ignored from me. Further research, their whois info on mrterps.com is lacking all contact info, my payment was sent to cloudchaser ejuice in FL, but yet you research them and they are located in TX, you call their number 469-351-9640 which is the number associated to who collected my payment and it goes to MSC witholdings ? So I question Mr Terps a lot now. for instance - the product description of girl scout cookies terpenes says "Whole Plant Extracted Girl Scout Cookies from the real deal Bay Area Clone. " though I highly doubt its cannabis derived terpenes, let a lone I would bet they also dilute their terpenes with PG VG or something similar as why else would my payment go to an EJUICE company in TEXAS ???

gabaod,
Top Bottom