Cannabis for autism, results??

MinnBobber

I am gathering info to testify at a Minnesota Health Dept meeting this Tues regarding a petition to add autism to our meager/repressive list of approved conditions.

I'm looking for anecdotal quotes from folks with direct autism experience AND the results from cannabis. What results happened with cannabis? Very brief as it's a time limited presentation but I want the personal element along with what science there is.
Best quotes might indicate improvement in: communication difficulties or social interaction problems or repetitive behavior or self-injuring behaviors. What positive changes have you witnessed for kids, family members, friends, yourself??

If you have link to excellent studies RE cannabis and autism, that's fine too.
Thanks
Posts or PMs are fine too.​

MinnBobber

Have you checked the wrongplanet forum?

Thanks

I found the MAMMA facebook, Mothers Advocating Medical MJ for Autism.

I want to find the Israeli mother's group (mothers of kids with autism) who joined with US mothers to advocate for more cannabis/autism research and I think they were trying to raise money for it too.

hibeam

alpha +
I applaud your efforts because I've had discussion with people who talk about their spectrum diagnosis, what used to be termed Aspergers, people who have told me they had lost all hope in feeling good about themselves and their relationships with other people until they tried mmj.

MinnBobber

Here's a really interesting study about autism and the mutant "NL3" gene that is associated with autism. It's like the mutant gene associated with breast cancer where some women with that gene get a double mastectomy cuz they are very likely to get breast cancer. Having the mutant NL3 makes one much much more likely to have autism.

So this mutant NL3 gene is linked to autism spectrum disorder AND to decreased endocannabinoid secretion. That would certainly point to using cannabis therapy to prevent autism and cannabis therapy if you have autism.

Study Autism and ECS !!!!

http://www.cell.com/neuron/fulltext/S0896-6273(13)00225-0

http://www.cell.com/neuron/abstract/S0896-6273(13)00225-0

I'm going to submit this as an addition to my petition to add "ECS Deficiency" as an approved condition. This really links a disease and a deficiency of your body's own cannabinoids----- and shows why a supplement of phyto-cannabinoids (cannabis) is so important.
IMO, healing diseases with cannabis is mega-important but preventing diseases with cannabis wellness supplements is uber-super-mega-ultra important and the green wave of the future----except in MN where our Health Dept still thinks the world is flat.
An example of theHealth Dept folly from the last panel meeting: a panelist asked if there are any general side effects to cannabis and a Health Dept staffer answered that there are indirect side effects like-
- someone in CO jumped form their hotel to their death while on cannabis and
- a husband killed his wife under the influence.
Jez, I guess he forgot to add that cannabis leads to opioid abuse and any other myths and lies

hibeam

alpha +
Just some thoughts. It is my understanding that some states' health departments don't want doctors to recommend cannabis AT ALL if a patient has any schizophrenia in the family. The patient intake forms specifically ask about this. The reason I mention this is that SNPs associated with autism spectrum can also be associated with schizophrenia and mood and personality disorders. I've seen reports in which schizophrenia and bipolar are actually helped by cannabis therapy; however, it seems that currently the mmj authorities are concerned about patients experiencing worsened psychosis from it. It would be a shame if using genetic studies to help autistic spectrum sufferers backfired. On the other hand, autistic spectrum sufferers and those who share the genetics are dangerously sensitive to the current pharma solutions to their problems, especially drugs like Effexor.

This issue is particularly frustrating for me because I have the polymorphisms mentioned in your studies, my father died from Parkinsonism and possible Lewy Body Syndrome, and I strongly believe he had a severe endocannabinoid deficiency that I inherited.

hibeam,
Reactions: Squiby

MinnBobber

I personally self medicate in a prohibition country and know for a fact how it helps me and my Autism.

If anyone wants any proof how cannabis helps those with ASD, just check out the video I posted in this thread http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cannabis-and-autism-the-evidence-is-clear.25588/ the evidence is undeniable!
..................................................................................................................
It is amazing, what cannabis can do for autism spectrum disorder. At a recent state committee mtg, multiple families spoke how cannabis made their child "a new person". One kid would previously beat himself up so bad that he had to be hospitalized. With cannabis therapy, no more. They had experience because their children qualified under epilepsy (had legal med cannabis) but they also had autism.

Are there any states where autism is an approved med cannabis condition??? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think no states list it...

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Well I'm now being put on a forced T-Break.

Having been to the doctors today for a referral for an Asperger's diagnosis as recommended by the charity Impact Workability.

I have been told that unless I stop self medicating (though they called it drug abuse - abusing cannabis), I will be refused to be seen by the psychiatrist who would make the diagnosis.

I have basically been told unless I comply with being forced to stop taking my cannabis, I will have medical treatment and advice with-held from me.

That's the state of this corrupt, prohibition, draconian country I live in, that has the audacity to call itself civilised.

I have paid my fair share of taxes over the last 28 years and yet am being held to ransom if am to receive the medical assistance I need, deserve and am entitled to.

hibeam

alpha +
I find myself writing daily diatribes, polemics, and manifestos in reaction to the @1DMF people all over the world. I live in a capital city of my state in the US and am joining the lobby in great part inspired by the OP here. :)

hibeam,
Reactions: 1DMF
Top Bottom