CANNABIS & CANCER TRIAL

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
"Initial Focus on Multiple Myeloma

OWC Pharmaceuticals' most advanced clinical program is targeting multiple myeloma - a form of bone marrow cancer that accounts for 2% of all cancer deaths. In preliminary studies, the Company demonstrated that some combinations of THC and CBD led to the eradication of 100% of myeloma cells in 60% of the cultured cells within 24 to 48 hours of exposure to the cannabinoid formulation. These early stage in-vitro results may be limited, but they demonstrate significant potential within the market."

http://www.baystreet.ca/viewarticle.aspx?id=437873

This is the cancer from which I suffer -- an incurable, uniformly fatal disease. I am prescribed opioids for chronic cancer pain yet I can't get legal cannabis to save my life, due to my inability to move to a "legal" state! Some days it just all seems too much to handle!

Maitri

Deadhead, Low-Temp Dabber, Mahayana Buddhist

OWC Pharmaceuticals' most advanced clinical program is targeting multiple myeloma - a form of bone marrow cancer that accounts for 2% of all cancer deaths. In preliminary studies, the Company demonstrated that some combinations of THC and CBD led to the eradication of 100% of myeloma cells in 60% of the cultured cells within 24 to 48 hours of exposure to the cannabinoid formulation. These early stage in-vitro results may be limited, but they demonstrate significant potential within the market."

This is the cancer from which I suffer -- an incurable, uniformly fatal disease. I am prescribed opioids for chronic cancer pain yet I can't get legal cannabis to save my life, due to my inability to move to a "legal" state! Some days it just all seems too much to handle!
From a bone cancer (chondrosarcoma, right tibial plateau) survivor who is permanently disabled as a result and grateful to be alive, please do know in all ways possible that you are in my heart and thoughts.

Good luck to you - and hopefully our confused society will help remedy your challenges remarkably soon!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Fat Freddy So sorry to hear of your illness. Rick Simpson Oil is named after a man who says cannabis cured his cancer. Rick Simpson is still alive. Read up on what he did. The Rick Simpson Oil you take orally in food.

I'm glad you were able to find us. We are happy you did. Wishing you good health and be cured or in remission a long long time. They are coming out with new things all the time. Maybe our fav flower will be one of the cures.

Good times and good health to you friend.

sickmanfraud

@FF sorry to hear of your illness. There are ads everywhere trying to sell "50 state legal" CBD oil/tincture.

Perhaps you should consider the CBD stuff until you are able to acquire enough cannabis to make RSO.

If you do try the CBD stuff report back on its effectiveness for the pain and the cancer.

Good Luck

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: BD9

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
@Maitri , thanks so much for your kind and caring words!

@CarolKing , thank you friend for taking the time to to express your suggestions on RSO and genereal well wishes.

@sickmanfraud , thanks for your concern on my well-being and your thoughts on CBD...I've considered CBD but concern with lack of FDA oversight is always a a hesitation with such "supplements".

I usually try not to complain about my situation but what kinda set me off was that Oregon recently changed their MMJ law in regard to issuance of MMJ certification to out of state residents thereby putting a REAL DENT in my plans to obtain medical cannabis from one of our neighboring states, Michigan. And being a cancer patient with a somewhat compromised immune system one has to be careful of the source from which they obtain their cannabis, hence I prefer going to a dispensary where one has a least a better chance of getting cannabis with less toxins and/or organic contaminants, e.g. heavy metals, pesticides and mold. But until Ohio legalizes medical cannabis, at least two years away before it would be available here, I may have to find a so-called "compassion club" in a legal state that's willing to help me bend the rules just a bit. Either that, or as the last resort, another medical patient who might be willing to "assist" me with obtaining my medicine.

Again, your kind thoughts and words are VERY much appreciated!

FF

sickmanfraud

@sickmanfraud , thanks for your concern on my well-being and your thoughts on CBD...I've considered CBD but concern with lack of FDA oversight is always a a hesitation with such "supplements".

Excuse my bluntness (I have been told I have all the subtlety and finesse of a sledgehammer) You have cancer.

What do you have to loose (besides the cost)???

It seems to me that the FDA is the least of your problems.

Good Luck and speedy recovery.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
I have a mum suffering from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, who is trying CBD Oil, and can only cross fingers there is some truth in the cancer healing properties.

My heart goes out to you @Fat Freddy and hope you find solace in the FC community and the advice they can give you.

Good luck & god bless!

1DMF,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
@sickmanfraud , I truly appreciate your "bluntness". I've never been one to shy away from the truth regarding my own health. There may come a point where I'm willing to try CBD oil if I felt the source was reliable enough to trust and thereby gauge its total efficacy from dose to dose. Thanks again for re-visiting the thread!

@1DMF , I'm very sorry to hear about your mum's diagnosis. My thoughts and well-wishes to her!
And thank you for your words of concern and encouragement....they are VERY much appreciated as well!

I still have a maybe an 1/2 oz of flowers left so when I get back from the hem/onc appointment later today I will definitely lift a vape to the entire FC Community! :science:

FF

Green Kiwi

@sickmanfraud , I truly appreciate your "bluntness". I've never been one to shy away from the truth regarding my own health. There may come a point where I'm willing to try CBD oil if I felt the source was reliable enough to trust and thereby gauge its total efficacy from dose to dose. Thanks again for re-visiting the thread!

@1DMF , I'm very sorry to hear about your mum's diagnosis. My thoughts and well-wishes to her!
And thank you for your words of concern and encouragement....they are VERY much appreciated as well!

I still have a maybe an 1/2 oz of flowers left so when I get back from the hem/onc appointment later today I will definitely lift a vape to the entire FC Community! :science:

FF

Get Well brother!our medicine will and can cure us, it's only about what quality you get.!
soo go after the real organic, it cures brother!
all the best and keep your head up, thats also really really ,important.
in my thoughts. green kiwi.

Green Kiwi,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
Hey @Green Kiwi , my sincere THANK YOU for taking the time to express your kind words of encouragement...it means more to me than some might think!

Hey Freddy!,

Another MM patient here. With modest means I've successfully staved it off from going from 'slumbering' to aggressive for around 5 years (my hema-onc doc has never seen Igg numbers go DOWN), but I'm not so sure about the next labs... have felt run over by a convoy of semis. I've found around a 2-1 ratio of CBD-THC is about right (got 7 jacked up discs, so need the pain/spasm help too).

There are some very interesting immunotherapy approaches in clinical trials, some based on vaccines using various strains of infectious diseases such as measles, HIV, etc. They've had their bad mojo removed and then reprogrammed to go after the cancer cells specifically. They are still figuring out dosing, but some patients who were the most dire are now cancer free. The 2 weeks of feeling like you've got a really crappy flu was the best of it, the worst of it was death... but they are clearly onto something. Check with City of Hope.

Cross your fingers for my next labs :)

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Hey @looney2nz,

Sorry to hear about your dx. So are you saying that you are still 'smoldering'? If so, the longer you sustain at that level the better your long term prognosis...but you no doubt already are aware of that.

Yep, the immunomodulatory therapies hold great promise...for most cancers I think. What treatments have you had so far?

Are you in a legal state? I envy those who are! I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet from treatment with Bortezomib and depend on both oxydocon and cannabis to manage it...both substances are getting harder and harder to obtain in my neck of the woods. Doctors are afraid to prescribe opioids due to the DEA threats and it seems cannabis is difficult to hook up with at my age, or at least, to find a reliable source. It's all just fucking bizarre! If you develop chronic pain in this country you're pretty much on your own, it seems.

Good luck with your blood work...keep us posted!

FF

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
If you want CBD oil and are worried about the source, take a peep here -
http://cwbotanicals.com/all-charlottes-web-products

Stanley brothers of Colorado making CBD oil out of their Charlottes Web Hemp. Price looks reasonable when you buy in bulk (5000mg) but CBD products are still f'n outrageous.

CBD is what I am after. I have been using CBD tinctures and edibles mostly, but will be buying some of this soon as a 100mg bottle of CBD tincture is about $17 for medical patients.

looney2nz

Hey @looney2nz,

Sorry to hear about your dx. So are you saying that you are still 'smoldering'? If so, the longer you sustain at that level the better your long term prognosis...but you no doubt already are aware of that.

Yep, the immunomodulatory therapies hold great promise...for most cancers I think. What treatments have you had so far?

Are you in a legal state? I envy those who are! I have peripheral neuropathy in my feet from treatment with Bortezomib and depend on both oxydocon and cannabis to manage it...both substances are getting harder and harder to obtain in my neck of the woods. Doctors are afraid to prescribe opioids due to the DEA threats and it seems cannabis is difficult to hook up with at my age, or at least, to find a reliable source. It's all just fucking bizarre! If you develop chronic pain in this country you're pretty much on your own, it seems.

FF

FF,

yep, from initial DX (apparently I've had it around 15 years, but got the DX about 5 years ago) to now, smoldering. Had started using M.C. (I'm in california) because I was rear-ended and 7 discs in my spine are now jacked up... pain management made me a BigPharma guinea pig, and they realized that non-IV opiates don't work on me (hell even Fentanyl doesn't work on me!), so they discretely sent me to the local M.C. doc. My 1st set of labs after the DX I'd knocked the Igg down 2100 points, but it has been slowly rising since and is now above where I was DX'd. Next labs monday, and then see the hema-onc doc late next week. Slightly freaking out 'cause I've felt like crap for months, and he was threatening chemo if it rose much more. No other treatments but the M.C. (yet). Cross your fingers!

Looney

looney2nz,
Reactions: killick

looney2nz

Stanley brothers of Colorado making CBD oil out of their Charlottes Web Hemp. Price looks reasonable when you buy in bulk (5000mg) but CBD products are still f'n outrageous.

CBD is what I am after. I have been using CBD tinctures and edibles mostly, but will be buying some of this soon as a 100mg bottle of CBD tincture is about $17 for medical patients.

yep, that's my source :)

It's part of the mix... CBD oil, canna-decoction, vaping flower & concentrate, and Bhang bars (1-1 Chocolate). The amazing stuff was when I made a decoction out of AC/DC, for going out and making doctors appts, etc., even that helped... but for the MM, quickly determined that I needed more THC in the mix. The difference between all of these is quite interesting... the 'entourage effect' is quite pronounced with a cold decoction (no decarb, preserves all the compounds, especially terpenes)... I mean really, the first time it kicks in you just sit there and say 'oh THIS is what they were talking about!'. Synergy is nice.

looney2nz

Hey @looney2nz,

FF

FF,

Yeah, as I recall from looking into the chemo used, I was worried about ototoxic effects along with the peripheral crap you're dealing with :( Going to have to get REAL specific with my onc-doc about the Cytochrome P-450 effects on chemo. I hope you're in remission and that these immunotherapies will put this crappy cancer to sleep permanently, no recurrences.

Let's also hope this whole cannabis/hemp travesty is over sooner than later so you can ditch the oxy and get/grow all the healing flower you want. Hopefully your state will become legal soon, at least for Medical.

looney2nz,
Reactions: Amoreena

C No Ego

dude, I clicked that link ( not to derail this thread) but they sell a $20 vape with artificial/synthetic flavoring ( cheap melty vapes with synthetic juice are my OCD issue!!)! not sure I would touch their products with ten foot poles.

C No Ego,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@C No Ego I hear ya. It's what's really prevalent in the ecig industry, I'm sure that's what they're modeling the cbd pens after. The tinctures though, charlotte's web hemp CBD extract in MCT oil.

MinnBobber

This from another thread from @momofthegoons
How bout that! They finally can't deny the truth. :D

http://dailyhealthnews.pw/u-s-just-admitted-that-cannabis-does-kill-cancer-cells/

From the cancer.gov website:
Pardon my language but how the fuck can the Feds admit with their right hand that cannabis can be valuable for cancer and other diseases YET with their left hand keep it as a Schedule 1 Drug with absolutely no medical value????

People are dying out here without cannabis :(

MinnBobber,
Reactions: looney2nz

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
It's about the money (big pharma, special interest, social conservatism), and of course there's the whole problem with the historical propaganda which even exists today.

A good medical cannabis doctor has a number of reasons to prescribe cannabis as medicine. CBD pills (stratos tabs) instead of ibuprofen is a simple transition for most people. That alone makes cannabis good medicine for millions of people every single day. That and the added benefit of no cancer potential from the cannabinoids versus the NSAID's.

C No Ego

Pardon my language but how the fuck can the Feds admit with their right hand that cannabis can be valuable for cancer and other diseases YET with their left hand keep it as a Schedule 1 Drug with absolutely no medical value????

the entire scheduling platform for drugs would need reevaluating and changed. cannabis is 70% of the scheduling busts budget so....... money is holding back real progress... or peoples love of money is...

C No Ego,

looney2nz

It's about the money (big pharma, special interest, social conservatism), and of course there's the whole problem with the historical propaganda which even exists today.

A good medical cannabis doctor has a number of reasons to prescribe cannabis as medicine. CBD pills (stratos tabs) instead of ibuprofen is a simple transition for most people. That alone makes cannabis good medicine for millions of people every single day. That and the added benefit of no cancer potential from the cannabinoids versus the NSAID's.

Plus cannabinoids don't do nasty things to your liver or kidneys!

ButterflySky

@Fat Freddy I am so sorry for what you going through and not being able to legally access this amazing and healing gift from Mother Nature.

I have a elderly relative that is doing her best dealing with multiple myeloma. She goes through so much suffering it breaks my heart. She is so tuff and doesn't complain much. To me, her best hope is treating with high doses of RSO or equivalent. Wish the human trials were being conducted, so we could know the best protocols. She is very open to an RSO type treatment, but is concerned about being high and unsteady. Falls are bad, here bones are brittle. She lives in a non legal state, but needs relief so bad, willing to put her health first.

Researched RSO extensively, but I would love to her of hear about anybody's personal experiences using cannabis in cancer treatments. What dosages, starting and treatment? Did it help cope with the effects of the cancer and radiation? What products or strains worked best? Any negative side affects? Did you see positive results in labs?

ButterflySky,

looney2nz

follow the money... Fed's applied for an EXTREMELY broad patent on cannabinoids as anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective <amazingly leaving cancer out!> in 1993, in 2003 that patent was granted to the U.S. Government.

They started licensing it to a couple of BigPharma projects in recent years, at the same time using the DOJ and DEA to maintain that there were no medical benefits to the plant all the while holding a Patent that controverts that position.
But... hey, we're the government, we're here to help :(
How many lives ruined or ended too soon by this idiocracy? :(
13 years since the patent and the same legal BS is being used to perpetuate the same crap...
it funds police departments, it funds cartels, it stuffs lots of money into politicians pockets, and now what we've got for all our heartburn is some cities are taxing the crap out of it (at least they were smart).

Many years ago I challenged ALL of the cannabis organizations in the U.S. to form a cooperative task force to tackle and dissect argument by argument one of the main 'bibles' for oppressing cannabis, and cannabis users in the U.S.
The California Police Chiefs Association document on medical cannabis dispensaries (April 2009).
http://www.counties.org/sites/main/files/file-attachments/medi_marijuana_cpca_white_paper.pdf

The response?
Crickets... for 2 weeks I waited for a response, the only conversation I had was with a friend from the Emerald Triangle who's a very well known lawyer in the Bay Area... he was astonished.
I chastised them and again basically the only response was nobody want to participate collaboratively to take this on ('course they all seemed fine with SOMEONE taking this on!)...
this was 7 years ago, and I GUARANTEE you that those policies still ring out chapter and verse in damn near every internal city memo about upcoming legalization bills. Which is part and parcel of why it's still banned in every community but one in one of the largest counties in Southern California :(

We could have arrived at a much less contentious solution years ago, this REALLY pisses me off... all those years of research, and actually HELPING patients... unconscionable :(

looney2nz,
Top Bottom