Cannabis and the heart

Alexis

I had a viral heart infection Maggie in August 2016 which was very serous with very unlpeasant symptoms. I was truly scared for my life or permanent heart damage. I had been on a vapor break. My heart symptoms were really bad. I started vaping again my heart symptoms immediately settled down and normalised.

It was astonishing, it totally saved me and protected my heart from damage and supported it's function until I cured the infection a month later. My heart has been perfectly healthy ever since, no damage was done.

I eat and vape weed daily, my heart health is excellent- resting pulse low 50's, blood pressure ideal, cholesterol considerably better than average in both directions (i.e. good and bad cholesterol).

I also eat at least 10 grams of salt (himalayan) every day which I weigh out, and eat a very high natural fat diet, with 50 grams plus coconut oil daily, lots of ExV olive oil, plus fat from nuts and meat/fish.

I am decidedly of the view, from my own experiences and bodily intuition, that cannabis, and in particular vaporizing it, is very supportive of heart health. The actives get direct access into the heart when you vape. It truly saved me when I was in real danger, by both supressing the viral infection in my heart, and also by supporting it's function and strength.

Those reports about increased risk of heart attack are simply more false mainstream PROPAGANDA BULLSHIT!

little maggie

That's why I like this article. It's pretty neutral and mainly points out the lack of reliable research given the government's limiting this:
"The new report found insufficient evidence to support or refute the idea that cannabis might increase the overall risk of a heart attack. The same report, however, also found some limited evidence that smoking could be a trigger for a heart attack."
A good reason to avoid combusintg but no indication that vaping is bad for the heart.

asdf420

@Alexis I'm curious, what sorts of effects do you get out of cannabis? And what sort are you consuming? "indica"/"sativa" leaning, amber or cloudy trichomes?
Since there's rumors that indica type strains are better for the heart..

asdf420,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
5 Best Marijuana Strains for High Blood Pressure
Please note that it is always best to consult with a medical marijuana doctor before consuming any marijuana strain, and if you do suffer from any severe medical conditions, you should attend regular checkups to monitor your blood pressure and medical situation.

Marijuana Strain #1 – Blue Dream
Blue-Dream.jpg

Blue dream is one of the most popular strains on dispensary shelves – and for a good reason. Apart from providing its patients with a feeling of relaxation and balance, this hybrid marijuana strain all has a great kick that can combat a wide range of medical problems. It’s been known to help those who suffer from chronic fatigue, ADD/ADHD and depression but has also been known to help some patients with high blood pressure – allowing them to wind down and relax, exactly what those blood vessels need.

Marijuana Strain #2 – Green Crack
This 20% THC powerhouse is great for daytime use and perfect for those who need morning medication. Green Crack has been known to help those that suffer from arthritis and other chronic pain conditions. The high THC levels are thought to have a positive effect on the body similar to the body’s natural THC.

Marijuana Strain #3 – Sour Diesel
The exact genetics of this marijuana strain are a mystery to most people, but it is thought to be a cross between the illustrious Northern Lights, Chemdawg and Skunk No. 1. Containing a 22% THC level and 0.2% CBD level, Sour Diesel is a preferred medical marijuana strain as it helps reduce stress and anxiety often associated with high blood pressure.

Marijuana Strain #4- Northern Lights
Known for providing a happy, relaxing, uplifting feeling Northern Lights has become a popular marijuana strain to treat a variety of conditions including anxiety, depression, headaches, insomnia, nausea, and pain. Some patients have even said that this 18% THC marijuana strain helps them with their blood pressure allowing them to relax and remove bodily pain and muscle tension, causing the blood to flow freely throughout the body.

Marijuana Strain #5 – Purple Kush
Purple-Kush-Marijuana-Strain-1.jpg

Purple Kush is the last Indica strain on our list and is often recommended by dispensaries as the number 1 cure for a variety of medical conditions. Emerging from Oakland California this strain is a favorite among its locals. It’s perfect for stress and providing that ultimate relaxing feeling – exactly what is needed when you suffer from hypertension.

Final Thoughts About Marijuana and High Blood Pressure
When using medical cannabis to combat high blood pressure it is always important to remember that specific marijuana strains could have an adverse effect on the body. While marijuana strains are known to have an immediate uplifting effect, which is excellent for some conditions, it can also increase the heart rate which isn’t a good side-effect for those who suffer from high blood pressure. It’s important to consult with a professional before you decide to use marijuana as a medical treatment and receive a detailed plan on how to consume to avoid any complications especially as the effect of cannabis on each individual is different from person to person.

This article only serves as a guideline and readers are advised to make their own independent research and decisions.

Alexis

@Alexis I'm curious, what sorts of effects do you get out of cannabis? And what sort are you consuming? "indica"/"sativa" leaning, amber or cloudy trichomes?
Since there's rumors that indica type strains are better for the heart..
Hello, it is a mixture of both sativa dominant and indica dominant autoflowers. 60% sativa/indica, 20% sativa/indica, and 20% ruderalis, if you folloe me.

No true sats or indis. But im pretty sure though that usually when people are talking about sativas and their preference for indicas, they are talking about the "racing heart" which some can experience.
This is surely relates to the parasympathethic (?) nervous system, and may be triggered psychologically in some people, or at some times. But you could argue that it is just difference in the physiological effects between indicas and sativas.

This makes complete sense to me. An elevated heart rate is not a sign of harm being done to the heart, and I certainly have no reason to believe that sativas have a negative impact on the health of the Heart in any way. It is just the subjective experience which is sometimes described, which can be misinterpreted or misunderstood as being related to Heart health problems.
I get all the typical usual effects from cannabis, my weed is nothing special, but clean, organic outdoor. Trichomes are not too many amber, but enough. A very psychoactive high, not much cbn which I prefer this way.
I hope that makes sense anyway. One thing to consider though- I am emphatic about the importance that cannabis is as free from chemicals as possible in order for the true and full medicinal benefits to be carried though to the body.
Adding chemicals to the plant alters it medicinal signature in my strong belief, and I have certainly been aware of negative effects on both my heart and lungs from chemically grown weed.

For real, chem weed would have a negative effect on my own heart health, maybe partly because it has a seriously severe effect on my lungs, which are directly linked to the heart.

C No Ego

Israel uses volcano vaporizers in their hospitals! heart problems are what they have found to be treated best with the vaporizers... cannabinoids regulate blood pressure

Top Bottom