1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Cannabis Almond Milk

Discussion in 'Cooking with Cannabis' started by Vicki, May 7, 2014.

1. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

Cannabis Almond Milk

What You Need:

• food processor
    • ½ cup raw almonds
    • 3 cups water, distilled
    • cannabis, coarsely ground (recommended 1-4 grams, the more the better, of course)
    • cheesecloth or tight strainer
    Steps:

1. Blend the almonds and water in a food processor until it resembles milk.
    2. Strain the almond milk through a cheesecloth or strainer.
    3. Add the strained milk to a saucepan and bring to a light boil.
    4. Add the ground cannabis and reduce heat. Simmer for 2 hours, stirring frequently.
    5. Remove from heat. Chill and serve, or use as a replacement for milk in any recipe.

grokit, Snappo, CarolKing and 5 others like this.
  2. Deja Vu

Deja Vu stay true to yourselves

Something that has really got me excited for when I take up Cannibals usage when I have a stable income and a house deposit :) I love homemade organic Almond milk and this sounds delicious

3. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

How do you use cannibals ? Do you make them eat spying neighbors and noisy kids ?

4. Breathemetal

Breathemetal Well-Known Member

Can you just infuse store bought almond milk?

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  5. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

I'm honestly not sure, but I imagine it would work just as well as making your own almond milk.

6. Deja Vu

Deja Vu stay true to yourselves

You could do it, but it would taste bad. Store purchase 'long-life' milks (almond, coconut, soy) all contain tiny amounts of preservatives which can give a bubbly effect when brought to boiling temperature, and it starts to smell bad. I know for a fact that sweetened almond milk from the store congeals and goes thicker when I heat it up whereas just water filtered almonds is closer to water and less of a 'milk'.

Works out cheaper as well if you buy bulk almonds and use your own water :) You can make a few litres in 20 minutes

7. herbivore21

herbivore21 Well-Known Member

Man can I see a pic of this home made almond milk from someone? It sounds amazing!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors