1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Canna-Weird News

Discussion in 'Cannabis News and Activism' started by macbill, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Christmas sweaters, KFC and lots of weed: Snoop Dogg and Willie Nelson’s adorable bromance

It was a fitting Christmas present from one world renowned pot enthusiast to another.

The country music legend Willie Nelson lit up social media this week when he tweeted a photo of himself in a red and green sweater depicting a marijuana leaf adorned with lights and a star and “smoke weed everyday” printed in white letters.

The phrase is the famous closing line from the hip hop anthem “The Next Episode,” featuring Snoop Dogg. And, indeed, the sweater was a gift from the rapper himself.

“Thank you @SnoopDogg for the Christmas Sweater,” Nelson wrote.

While the exchange may have been, by some appearances, a lighthearted attempt to plug Snoop Dogg’s clothing line (when he reposted the picture of Nelson on Instagram, he linked to his online store), it was nothing out of the ordinary for the two artists. For years now, the 83-year-old king of outlaw country and the 45-year-old hip hop star have maintained a warm, humorous and utterly adorable friendship, formed over — but not necessarily defined by — their mutual love of marijuana, which both have long celebrated in their songs and public appearances.

As the story goes, Snoop Dogg and Nelson’s bond blossomed in a haze of pot smoke one day in the Netherlands in 2008. Esquire journalist Andy Langer had gotten high with them back-to-back the previous year and wrote about it for the magazine. (cont)

macbill, Squiby and grokit like this.
  2. grokit

grokit well-worn member

:cool:

‘I played stoned’: Some NFL players love getting high before kickoff

BEFORE he suited up to play against the New York Giants in 2012, Jacksonville Jaguars offensive lineman Eben Britton took an ice bath followed by a hot shower. He did his routine stretches. Then he smoked a joint.

In fact, Britton — who also played for the Chicago Bears but left the league in 2014 — tells The Post he played three NFL games while high on marijuana.

“NFL games I played stoned were some of the best games I ever played. Cannabis cements your surroundings,” he says. “A lot of people say they’re useless when they smoke weed. But hell, I played NFL games [while stoned], dude. My performances were solid and I felt really good after.”

Which was the point, since the Brooklyn-born Britton was smoking to relieve, at various times, “psychological distress or sciatica or pain in my shoulders.”

And he was far from alone.

Asked how many NFL players currently smoke pot, Britton estimates “it’s over 50 percent and it could be as high as 75 percent.” A sports agent who asked to remain anonymous says, “The number is rumored to be as high as 80 percent.”

There’s a growing movement among former and current NFL players calling for the league to lift its ban on marijuana. As the pro-football season wraps up Week 2, 18 athletes are sidelined for unspecified substance-abuse violations, which, says sports agent Brian Fettner, who represents a roster of NFL players, “is almost always marijuana.”

Nevertheless, players are willing to take their chances.

Marijuana is so prevalent that one former pro tells The Post, “I had my weed dealer meet me at the players’ parking lot after practice for a delivery.”

SOME health professionals see the benefits of players using marijuana...

:sherlock:

3. smokeup_tokeup

smokeup_tokeup New Member

4. HighSeasSailor

HighSeasSailor Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    macbill, grokit, Amoreena and 3 others like this.
  5. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Willie Nelson wants Loretta Lynn to try pot again

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Willie Nelson wants his friend Loretta Lynn, who recently revealed that she tried marijuana for the first time at the age of 84 for her glaucoma but didn’t like it, to give pot a second chance.

“She’s got a lot of guts,” Nelson said during a recent interview with The Associated Press in Nashville, Tennessee. “She’ll try anything. Maybe I should help her.” (cont)

grokit, HighSeasSailor and macbill like this.
  6. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

HighSeasSailor and OldNewbie like this.
  7. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

Man arrested for meth let off because it was just kitty litter

Deputies for the Harris County Sheriff’s Office then searched Lebeau's vehicle, where they discovered a sock filled with what they believed to be methamphetamine in the car's trunk. According to a press release boasting the score, "a field test was conducted, and these 'nuggets' tested positive for methamphetamine."

"This is another example how a routine traffic stop turned into a significant narcotics arrest in our community and may have kept our children and loved ones free from being introduced to drugs," the Sheriff's Office said in its press release.

grokit likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors