• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Canadian Licensed Producers

theCerberus

Bedrocan wasnt bought by Tilray (Nanaimo) either it was tweed. for supposed "learning". and they learned nothing from them other than how to throw away a batch when it doesnt hit target THC % levels. thats how those strains are able to have standardized levels.

And i admit dispensaries arent perfect. they are completely unregulated. but at least you get to see what you are purchasing and smell it too.

Last edited:
theCerberus,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

Thats the only reason why someone would go so far as gamma irradiation to save a crop.

Wait a minute, I thought Gamma Irradiation was used for certain strains for "immuno-supressed individuals" who may be ultra sensitive to impurities? Like cancer patients going through chemo.... just what I thought, I don't want my meds gamma anything.

IMO broken coast and tilray are probably the only LPs you can get top shelf bud from.

Probably? I'm starting to see where @killick is coming from. Unless you have tried out ALL LP's, which I know you haven't, you probably shouldn't make statements like that. I know it's your opinion, but how can you even have an opinion without trying someone like hey, say RadeCan Pharm? I'm almost scared to hear it! You also complained about $15/g, well Tilray isn't exactly peanuts especially the higher potency strains.

So was prarie plant system to canada. and they are terrible. thats why mmpr exists. patients didnt want prarie plant systems bare bones gamma irradiation approach.

Woah, I thought the MMPR system exists because of all the nightmare issues with home grows?? Growing out of permit, distributing, etc. and an extremely slow health canada process that they wanted OUT ffrom. But yeah, that premilled irradiated crap out of those mines in flin flon where something I never had to experience fortunately, although i've seen it...and it looked like complete garbage.

Looking forward to my first RadeCan order as soon as dr. arrive back from holidays. If i'm not blown away (more impressed than my usual dispensary) i'll just continue with my dispensary (Natural Order).

biohacker,
Reactions: tripwire

theCerberus

Woah, I thought the MMPR system exists because of all the nightmare issues with home grows?? Growing out of permit, distributing, etc. and an extremely slow health canada process that they wanted OUT from.
Yes. Thats half of it. They wanted MMPR because not enough people wanted the prairie plant systems(PPS now sold under cannimed) gamma irradiated stuff, and were choosing the home grow option.

Health Canada was never growing it themselves either, it was always PPS, who's been notoriously bad about product.
What they've done with MMPR is removed a monopoly, then taken away our right to grow, which will likely be won back shortly when Allard v Canada is decided.
They tried to argue that a fair, open market with LPs would be the same access and it isnt, but it is definitely an improvement.

That's why every LP isn't producing top shelf cannabis.
top shelf is subjective and all LPs have to produce is as good as that notorious stuff that came out of the flin flon mine to be approved/pass Health Canada standards (low standards).

Probably? I'm starting to see where @killick is coming from. Unless you have tried out ALL LP's, which I know you haven't, you probably shouldn't make statements like that. I know it's your opinion, but how can you even have an opinion without trying someone like hey, say RadeCan Pharm? I'm almost scared to hear it! You also complained about $15/g, well Tilray isn't exactly peanuts especially the higher potency strains.
I havent tried RedeCan, so I cant form an opinion....
OK I've tried 7 LP's since this system started...
Tweed, Bedrocan, Tilray, Canntrust, Broken Coast, Cannafarms, Maricann.
There are 26 LPs, and only 18 actually sell cannabis.
That leaves 11 I havent tried.

I've been a member of 5 different dispensaries in MMAR days....
take everything I say with a grain of salt. but i do have experience with this system.

And yes Tilray is expensive and I'm not happy with $14/g strains, but at least they cure for 2 months (the longest out of any LP) and the result is that they produce stellar stuff most of the time (you are comparing that to Medreleaf $15/g for uncured cannabis).
Broken Coast has nothing more than $9/g though.

Last edited:
theCerberus,
Reactions: tripwire

biohacker

then taken away our right to grow, which will likely be won back shortly when Allard v Canada is decided.

Wait a second, I thought those who have permits under the old MMAR ARE STILL ALLOWED to presently grow? I know I still have my MMAR, and that new dispensary Calyx Wellness Centre on Queen St will accept it as well. The laws seems quite grey at this point, hopefully Trudeau will at least decriminalize at least soon.

but at least they cure for 2 months (the longest out of any LP)

How long does Radecan cure for?

biohacker,

theCerberus

Wait a second, I thought those who have permits under the old MMAR ARE STILL ALLOWED to presently grow? I know I still have my MMAR, and that new dispensary Calyx Wellness Centre on Queen St will accept it as well. The laws seems quite grey at this point, hopefully Trudeau will at least decriminalize at least soon.

There is an injunction for current MMAR holders but no new ones are being issued and no locations or other permit details can be changed since the program has officially ended.

King_Bob

I have been with Maricann for three months now and tried seven different strains so far. I have been very happy with the quality, they have a good selection to choose from, and I find their prices are reasonable.

King_Bob,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I tried out RedeCan (my last order), and I'm pretty happy! Quality is good (not super boutique but nice). It's very clean, but not overly dense. Flavour is good and vapour is very nice. Effects are good as well (up there with what I've been getting from dispensaries). Service was great as far as experience ordering, registering, etc. Price is very good.

It shows its greenhouse and not full indoor lights, but its very nice quality greenhouse and I'm quite happy with the price/quality/value.

theCerberus

I have been with Maricann for three months now and tried seven different strains so far. I have been very happy with the quality, they have a good selection to choose from, and I find their prices are reasonable.

I used to like Maricann.

Before I signed up with Maricann I phoned them and asked if they flush, and they said they dont need to, they only use water. When I pressed them about the issue and said plants cant live without nutrients, they said, its basically just water, completely food safe nutrients that dont need to be flushed.

Then I tried it and they were right, it didnt alter the taste or smell. and I was told by the reps it burns to white ash (even though i dont smoke).
They produced some decent mids. Nothing top shelf (though they insisted it was).
Their best strain was headband but it went out of stock fairly fast.

then they changed their nutrients and grew another batch. the buds grew nice and big, elevated THC levels and jacked up the price from $7/g to $12/g and it would be top shelf. but they still dont flush so its not. the buds and vapor smell and taste manure. i was told by their customer service reps many people reported it wont burn to white ash (its black indicating its full of nutes).
i asked them to please start flushing or go back to the previous nutes. I talked to various customer service reps and managers who all agreed it was a problem. In the end I talked to the so called "owner" who flat out lied to me and said they are flushing for 6 weeks already (pretty much an impossible amount of time for the plants to stay alive, max i've heard is 14 days, and would ensure white ash if even possible), when all other reps confirmed they did not flush and black ash/hard to burn cannabis. I flat out accused him of lying and he said he was offended by such accusations (despite being caught in the lie already).
The problem is not getting solved so I'm done with these guys.
Medical patients shouldnt have to put up with this shit.

Last edited:
theCerberus,
Reactions: lazylathe

King_Bob

@theCerberus. How long ago were you with Maricann and which strains did you try ? I can honestly say all the strains I tried so far were very good. Smelled and tasted great. I also had a friend who grows his own and flushes two weeks prior to harvest combust his product and Cali-O God Bud from Maricann. Both produced white ash.

I agree that their prices are not consistent but they seem to be lowering them again as the Headband has been available for over a month at $8/gr.

Which LP are you with now ?

King_Bob,

theCerberus

@theCerberus. How long ago were you with Maricann and which strains did you try ? I can honestly say all the strains I tried so far were very good. Smelled and tasted great. I also had a friend who grows his own and flushes two weeks prior to harvest combust his product and Cali-O God Bud from Maricann. Both produced white ash.

I agree that their prices are not consistent but they seem to be lowering them again as the Headband has been available for over a month at $8/gr.

Which LP are you with now ?

I was a member for 6 months.
I tried Super Lemon Haze, Pre-98 bubba kush, Ultra, Critical mass, and Headband.
It was all decent mids.

I'm sure if enough people complained they would switch back to their old nutes and old prices.
I mean, they've gotta sell it somehow.

I have a hard time believing that Cali-o God story @King_Bob.
I've heard as recently as November 10th that they still werent flushing and that exact strain Cali-O God bud wont burn to white ash.
http://cannabis.ca/forum/topic/5405-maricann-ultra-forte-23-god/

Maybe they are experimenting with different batches. who knows.

All I know is lots of people (even ask their reps) are reporting its full of nutes and doesnt burn to white ash.

I am a member with Broken Coast, CannTrust and Tilray currently.
I wouldnt order anything from CannTrust again, as the cannabis is not cured at all.
I asked them before I signed up and they said they had a state of the art procedure for drying and refused to elaborate on it.

When I pressed them about it after recieving the uncured product, they admitted it wasnt cured at all and gave me my money back.
They also gave me credit for 15grams free and I refuse to order it because they dont cure... food for thought.

I also have 15 grams free credit at cannafarms because I recieved one order covered with metallic flakes called "beneficials" (pesticide substitute). but none of their strains work for my symptoms and they are all very very weak (not potent).

Last edited:

chris 71

theCerberus, i read the link you posted in your above post with this high lighted

The sad truth is:

Those LPs who do not want to flush WILL NOT FLUSH... and they NEVER have to admit to it.

It is possible to produce high quality mids without flushing food safe nutes, but otherwise top shelf buds are ruined if the nutes are not food safe, then they are usually "corrected" with gamma irradiation to make them safe again.

There will always be uninformed patients who will buy it and trust its produced properly simply because its legal.

can you tell me what on earth flushing has to do with gamma irradiation and how unflushed product can possibly be corrected with its process ?

as for me i would not trust any of the unregulated dispensaries out there to do any better job or in anyway think of them as trust worthy .

also as for flushing it is possible that by them saying they dont flush they could be refering to not flushing as in not running large amounts of water and or cleating agents through the media .
and just giving water through the last two weeks before harvest .

also of note , if you want white ash try a different rolling papper i get pure white ash with plan old players or export pappers were as i get black ash and harder to stay lit with the raw prue hemp pappers using the same weed go figure

biohacker

White ash! black ash! Who cares!? Stick that medicine in a VAPORIZER and Fuck Combustion! :rockon:

RedeCan out for delivery!

biohacker,
Reactions: King_Bob

King_Bob

@biohacker Which strain did you order ? I am curious to know what you think of the quality as I believe RedeCan has the best prices with nothing costing more than $6.50. I may switch over if Maricann is not more consistent with their prices.

King_Bob,

theCerberus

theCerberus, i read the link you posted in your above post with this high lighted

can you tell me what on earth flushing has to do with gamma irradiation and how unflushed product can possibly be corrected with its process ?

Manure is an excellent fertilizer. Unfortunately it also contains a lot of bacteria.
Flushing is important to remove the fertilizer and subsequently the bacteria it contains out of the plant (you are essentially washing the inside of the plant by feeding it only water).
If its not flushed then it will not pass Health Canada inspection at this point unless it is gamma irradiated to kill the bacteria left inside.

as for me i would not trust any of the unregulated dispensaries out there to do any better job or in anyway think of them as trust worthy .

LPs are large groups of investors trying to make money off the green rush.
Dispensaries have been around longer than the LPs because they are groups of patients helping other patient. They exist and break the law primarily to aid sick and dying people. I trust these people far more than those just out to make a buck.

Check out this video on flushing. It explains exactly what I am talking about.

also as for flushing it is possible that by them saying they dont flush they could be refering to not flushing as in not running large amounts of water and or cleating agents through the media .
and just giving water through the last two weeks before harvest .

http://bigbudsmag.com/medical-hydroponics-marijuana-flushing-facts-don-t-be-fooled/
They dont flush means they give it nutrients(fertilizer) up until the day they cut it down.
They are supposed to use just water but instead they use water mixed with nutrients.

also of note , if you want white ash try a different rolling papper i get pure white ash with plan old players or export pappers were as i get black ash and harder to stay lit with the raw prue hemp pappers using the same weed go figure

Yea it has nothing to do with that. Thats just a poor excuse. throw out those papers, they are terrible for your lungs.
But this has nothing to do with papers it will burn black in a glass pipe bowl....

White ash! black ash! Who cares!? Stick that medicine in a VAPORIZER and Fuck Combustion! :rockon:

RedeCan out for delivery!

I dont smoke. I mentioned it many times. I do throw it in a vaporizer and it tastes like manure. I cant stand to vape it. too damn gross.
The only reason I keep mentioning black ash is because the Maricann customer service reps will tell you what it burns down to because other patients complain when it doesnt burn to white ash.
This is a good way of knowing if the cannabis will be worth using.

@theCerberus Do you prefer Tilray or Broken Coast ? Which one has better prices ?

Tilray is great for product selection. Lots of strains, but high prices for high THC % (not priced by bud quality like a dispensary). You may be extremely disappointed by a 20%-30% THC strain because you paid anywhere from $11 to $14/g and it may be no where near top shelf. the batches are inconsistent, so its hard to know what to expect, but it is top shelf lot of the time.

Broken Coast has a limited number of strains but they are cheaper and everything I've received from them has been top shelf.

Last edited:

chris 71

quote Manure is an excellent fertilizer. Unfortunately it also contains a lot of bacteria.
Flushing is important to remove the fertilizer and subsequently the bacteria it contains out of the plant (you are essentially washing the inside of the plant by feeding it only water).
If its not flushed then it will not pass Health Canada inspection at this point unless it is gamma irradiated to kill the bacteria left inside. quote

ok well this would be new to me if thats the case , but i dont think that is what its all about .
you dont flush to remove bacteria left in the plant from manure ?!?

you flush to remove excess build ups of the various chemical elements that make up the fertilizer . that the plant stores in its self . such as Nitrogen Phosphate Potassium ect... things that we might not want to inhale . you effectively starve these out of the plant in the last weeks of growth . by either feeding just water . or by running large amounts of water through the medium that may also include some sort of cleating agent to help pull them out as well . that is what flushing means to me and i thought that was what the whole process was about ? not to remove any bacteria associated with feces

as far as the irradiation that be to kill of any microbes on the surface of the plant aka fungus and molds which are all around us all the time every were on the planet and keeping them at bay would have nothing to to with proper flushing of the plant correct me if im wrong though

Last edited:
chris 71,

theCerberus

Yea. I dissagree.

the only source of bad bacteria on the plant is the nutrients and pesticides used.
the plant stores EVERYTHING (Not just basic nutrients Nitrogen Phosphate Potassium) that is inside these, including the subsequent bacteria and manure smell, possible fertilizer salts, possible metals and possible radioactive materials.

in order to get rid of ALL these things flushing is needed.

if they didnt use manure, there would really be no source of fungus and bacteria.
These guys are growing in sanitized rooms with rubber gloves, lab-coats, face masks and hair nets.
these are arguably the most regulated cleanest grow rooms in the world.

mold is another story. its about moisture levels. you've got to be really bad at producing cannabis to get mold, and likely you cant even fix too far gone mouldy batch with gamma irradiation.

Last edited:

chris 71

if the only source of bacteria is from the nutrients as you say ... then there would be no need for them to were lab coats and gloves and everything eles sorry but your not making any sense . also if going with what your saying the potatoes corn and tomatoes we eat would all taste like crap lol

chris 71,

theCerberus

if the only source of bacteria is from the nutrients as you say ... then there would be no need for them to were lab coats and gloves and everything eles sorry but your not making any sense . also if going with what your saying the potatoes corn and tomatoes we eat would all taste like crap lol

um. no. you make no sense whatsoever.

i was pointing out there is no other source of contamination because these grow rooms are so clean.

they wear the lab coats, face masks and gloves to keep them clean so there is no possible source of contamination.

not the other way around. it cant possibly be the other way around....
i wasnt claiming there is no possible sources of contaminations.
i was claiming they are required by Health Canada to take every precaution to ensure there is no other source of contamination.
These plants are basically in medical quarantine.
Treated like a bubble boy with weakened immune system.

the only source is the nutrients and pesticides.

the only not understanding, is on your part.

we use food safe nutrients for vegetables, which is what maricann used to be using. these dont need to be flushed. go to home depot or canadian tire in the gardening section, there are nutes (fertilizer) specific for vegitables/eating and then there are nutes specific for growing flowers that you DO NOT WANT TO EAT. THERES EVEN WARNINGS ON THE BOX TELLING YOU NOT TO USE IT TO GROW FOOD.

Ignorance is bliss my friend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom