1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Canada to legalize in Spring 2017!

Discussion in 'Cannabis News and Activism' started by BioSector, Apr 20, 2016.

1. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

I sure wouldn’t want random roadside testing where I live. It’s going to create a lot of paranoid cannabis users. That’s when twitter users will come in handy warning folks where not to go if you use weed.

JCat, Squiby and chris 71 like this.
  2. chris 71

chris 71 Well-Known Member

I dont know for sure but here is a little bit to read regarding the problem

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/m.mic.c...thc-blood-tests-work-and-what-you-should-know

I read a couple studies that i cant find again to link to at the moment but they show how levels went up really high incomparison to the 2 or 5 nanograms that law makers have chosen as the set limits of impairment.

I read that levels go up to like 100 and maybe more nanograms about 5 or 10 min after smoking . but then quickly drop back down to under the limits they have set after a few hours . again this is not what happens for reglar users though . we could be walking around after 5 days abstantince with 5 nanograms in our blood .

I dont know why they have them set so low at 2 or 5 nano grams when the levels go up so high in comparison to shortly after .

why not set the limit at 15 nanograms this might protect the avid user while still being really small amout compared to the 100 nanogram that levels go up to for a while after

As far as micro dosing to try and aviod the problem . i dont know but it sounds like if you use everyday even micro dosing your body would still store thc in your fat cells . and well i consider my self a microdoser. , but i dont think i would pass a breath test or blood test because i have been using cannabis for a long long time and bet my baseline is over even on days i dont even use .

On top of that i have anxity and now i will be even more pariniod that if i get pulled over for any reason it wont be a far stretch to imagine the cop asking why you look so nervous man lol even if i had not had any cannabis for a day . then what happens he thinks im stoned cuz i maybe acting wierd then the breath test then bingo big fine and god forbid an accedient even if not my fault breath comes back 5 or 6 o7 or maybe even 10 nanograms im fucked .

They are trying to look at it they way they do with alcohol and it just dosnt work like that .

The only hope is that they come up with something like a saliva test that truly looks at weather the person has used in the last say 3 hours rather then measuring blood concentration through breathalizers.

Then if its determind the person has used within the last few hours then check the blood levels but even this is flawed because cannabis impairment is so different then alcohol in my oppinion

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  3. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

I don't think we have good data on this yet. Some suggest that regular consumption even of small amounts will raise out baselines, but I don't know how high. I think to make this reasonably accurate they are going to have to raise the threshold of "impaired" to something higher that 5ng or we may always show as "impaired". Like 20ng or something like that. Apparently for an hour or so after consumption our numbers should be like 100ng so a number like 20 makes a lot more sense.

(Post above mine has much better info. Should have read it before posting)
    This is my greatest fear.

The tech is in it's infancy so well have to see how this goes...

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Papa Woody, Squiby and lazylathe like this.
  4. hans solo

hans solo Left coast Canada

Happy Canada day by the next one we will not be comiiting a crime when we consume the herb!
    And a happy 4th to all the American brothers and sisters.

Helios, cybrguy, TeeJay1952 and 3 others like this.
  5. TeeJay1952

TeeJay1952 Well-Known Member

Click to play YouTube Video

Squiby and unsorted like this.
  6. Egzoset

Egzoset Vaporist of Borg

Music to mourn a soon to be doomed sub-culture...

YouTube: Swallow the Sun - Cathedral Walls

YouTube: Heilung | LIFA - Full Show - Othan @ 52:42​

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  7. chimpybits

chimpybits Well-Known Member

8. Skunkport

Skunkport Well-Known Member

The whole situation is just bizarre right now.

C No Ego and chimpybits like this.
  9. hans solo

hans solo Left coast Canada

The three month countdown officially starts today. I hope legal will be just as much fun!

C No Ego likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors