1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Canada to legalize in Spring 2017!

Discussion in 'Cannabis News and Activism' started by BioSector, Apr 20, 2016.

1. lazylathe

lazylathe Almost there...

Unfortunately even with legalization around the corner, this is still just a voluntary program. They can easily get their required points from the big pharma companies just by redoing courses and not learning anything new.

WAM90, just_the_flu and C No Ego like this.
  2. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

Damn man and we are all relying on them whe we are sick and dying... and their education is optional= damn man

WAM90, just_the_flu and lazylathe like this.
  3. chimpybits

chimpybits Well-Known Member

I know right?

WAM90, C No Ego and macbill like this.
  4. Wahiker

Wahiker Well-Known Member

Anyone know who was responsible (with Customs & "border protection" ← yeah right...) for this idea? Seems incredibly stupid, even in our current stupid times (ie Jeff Sessions-like, except I assume it couldn't have been him).

WAM90 likes this.
  5. chimpybits

chimpybits Well-Known Member

WAM90, macbill and Squiby like this.
  6. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

Will legalization make Canada a global dope destination?

The growth potential for this type of destination tourism, especially with Americans, is huge, says Trina Fraser, partner and head of the CannaLaw group at Ottawa-based Brazeau Seller Law. Fraser sees a bright future for pot-friendly hotels and B & Bs, curated tours and private chef experiences. “If you’re close to the U.S. border, if you’re close to production facilities, if you’re in a jurisdiction that provides more leeway for sales—all those factors will combine to create clusters for cannabis-tourism-type businesses,” she says. “There’s so much interest in the concept of cannabis tourism that it’s going to happen, and people will find a way to do it.”

Squiby and WAM90 like this.
  7. WAM90

WAM90 Well-Known Member

I'm excited for legalization, but not for the inevitable increase in tourism. The lifetime ban is laughable. It's like the last gasps of prohibition, trying to keep people controlled. I wouldn't touch the U.S. with a 10 mile pole right now anyway.

8. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

If it were me I wouldn’t admit to using cannabis if I was a Canadian citizen going across the boarder. The new law regarding that in the U.S is laughable and rediculious. I wonder who came up with that law? I wouldn’t risk going across the boarder with any cannabis, not worth the consequences.

I live in WA state, I wonder if that really is part of the questions they ask Canadians before they enter our state? We have people that cross the boarder daily because of work. Same with all the other boarder states.

C No Ego likes this.
  9. ashtonford

ashtonford Well-Known Member

Trudeaus only concerned with profits for his LP buddies nothing pure genius about that, just pure greed

lazylathe likes this.
  10. ashtonford

ashtonford Well-Known Member

totally agree with you.

11. macbill

IN CANADA, TRAVELING WITH MARIJUANA WILL SOON BECOME A REALITY

“After October 17, 2018, passengers will be permitted to have a legal amount of cannabis, which is 30 grams, in either their carry-on or checked bag, if they are flying to a domestic destination (i.e., within Canada),” Delphine Denis, a spokeswoman for Transport Minister Marc Garneau, told Agence France-Presse.

Squiby, WAM90 and MinnBobber like this.
  12. WAM90

WAM90 Well-Known Member

I was at a local dispensary in Vancouver yesterday and the guy told me that the government is putting a 17% THC level cap on all marijuana products.... Can anyone confirm this?

13. Brain Freeze

Brain Freeze Member

WAM90, just_the_flu and macbill like this.
  14. hans solo

hans solo Left coast Canada

I sure hope that the existing herb purveyors survive the legalization.
    It would be a shame to lose their expertise.

Squiby and chimpybits like this.
  15. Grey hair

Grey hair Flop shot guru

One of my regular ( non LP's) online sources have temporarily closed shop to 're tool themselves for legalization'.

I agree. I hope they survive but I gotta think that there'll be some collateral damage.

Not long now......:clap:

WAM90 likes this.
  16. macbill

Marijuana OK’d for off-duty Canadian cops

OTTAWA, Ont. — Officers will be allowed to use marijuana off duty starting Oct. 17, Ottawa officials announced last week, but they are still required to start their shifts fit for duty.

17. Brain Freeze

Brain Freeze Member

Different police forces are going to have different rules. Some are allowing it, some will allow it only 28 days or more before reporting for duty, and some have a complete ban. Court challenges forthcoming to be sure!

WAM90 and hans solo like this.
  18. hans solo

Four more sleeps , at the very least this is going to be interesting!

blackstone, WAM90, macbill and 2 others like this.
  19. Brain Freeze

Brain Freeze Member

Interesting...yes!

Someone has already ponied up some cash to challenge the impaired driving law....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/chuck-rifici-charter-challenge-1.4858798

...and at least one producer has predicted shortages.....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/aphria-cannabis-shortage-warning-1.4860408

In the meantime, I really think BC's decision to have only one store open is a mistake. There are people, like myself, who really WANT to make legal purchases but because I'm so far away from Kamloops, my only option is online. Given how the US Border Patrol is currently dealing with Canadians who partake, or have done so in the past, and knowing that our credit card information is stored in the US, as well as not knowing where the BC Government's db info is going to be stored......ensures that lots of people will NOT purchase online. Maybe I'm just being overly cautious, I dunno, but I might like to visit the US again someday, and I don't want their access to that information to hinder that. Perhaps the Trump administration will ease restrictions in the near future as has been suggested, and this will no longer be an issue.

The least the BC Government could have done was have 3 stores open, one in Kamloops, one in the Lower Mainland, and one on the freakin' Island!

**not sure if I'm adding urls properly, apologies if there's a better way! Still learning. Edited to add 'their access to'

blackstone and WAM90 like this.
  20. WAM90

WAM90 Well-Known Member

Sharing similar concerns living in Vancouver. If the US border is able to access the database of people that are buying marijuana in Canada, that would be a significant enough reason for the black market to continue. I know I won't be buying from any government stores if that's the case.

lazylathe likes this.
  21. Grey hair

Grey hair Flop shot guru

I live in Northern B.C. and feel the same.
    Kamloops is 2 days away by vehicle.
    Prince George would be a good 2nd location. That would take care of us Notherners......that live in Igloos.:lol:
    And yeah, the credit card info thing? If I'm heading state side there is no doubt I will be telling anyone that asks, " I have never used cannabis". I'll take my chances with a financial history check.

Brain Freeze, WAM90 and lazylathe like this.
  22. Brain Freeze

Brain Freeze Member

Oooh sorry, forgot about you northerners! I lived 9 years north of the 60th parallel so I totally get the Igloo thing :lol:

3 more sleeps!

23. hans solo

I sure hope this doesn’t turn into a dog and pony show.
    I will spend my coin with who ever has the best product and service.

Brain Freeze likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors