1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Can vaporizing cannibis cause bronchitis. ?

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by Wesertron86, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Wesertron86

Wesertron86 New Member

Hi all. Just thought of something new.
    Have been having bad burning pains in my chest from vaping and it really worried me.
    I cant seem to figure out what was causing the burning pain in my chest to get a lot worse every time i vaporized.
    I think i have bronchitis and was reading that when u have it, u can have a burning chest sensation.
    The pain is to the right side of my chest just a few cm from my brest bone.
    Could vaping every day. / most days cause bronchitis
    Then when vaping when i do exasibate the burning chest pain from the bronchitis..?
    Sorry to waffal on. Its really bugging me. :(
    Thanks in advance for advise/help x

2. chris 71

chris 71 Well-Known Member

Im sure you could. a chronic cough is considered chronic bronchites acording to my doctor. smokers cough as they would say is also considered chronic bronchites . not much they really do for it though unless it gets infected bacterialy then maybe some antibiotics. And stop smoking . but you may want to try the cotton thing i posted about in your other thread it could very well be little bits you are inhaling also as some others pointed out you could have some pesticides or who know what on it molds fungus that kind of stuff . but even past all that a chronic cough meaning a regular cough with phelgm is by definition chronic bronchites

Get checked by a doc and maybe a chest xray
    And not to scare you even more but i was looking with a scope at my solo stems and i could see tiny glass chips from forcing stainless steel screens in them . this made me glad that i usually use the cotten to catch anything . also i often wonder about tiny peices of the metal screen threads not something i would want to inhale for sure

Again not to scare you straight or anything lol
    Just things to consider also after being on this forum for a few years its not uncommon for people to to have simalar complaints about vaping it can for some be very irriatating threads regularly come up regarding this

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    Wesertron86 likes this.
  3. Abysmal Vapor

Abysmal Vapor Shaman of The Pyramid of Orlin'Malah

Have you considered there must be something in your vape,weed,vaporizing habits that is worsening a chronic condition ?
    1. Is your bud clean ? By clean ,i mean, organic,no pests,no pesticides,overfertilization,environmental dirt and hairs.
    2. What model vaporizer do you use, there are many crappy vapes that make my lungs feel bad.. ,also if dirt or environmental dirt falls into the vape .
    3. Do you use water filtration ? Tap water contains chlorine which is a bad irritant... If you use water filtration,do you clean your vessel daily ?

CarolKing and C No Ego like this.
  4. Wesertron86

Wesertron86 New Member

Thanks for the advise chris. :) will try and hopfully get better will keep you posted. Much love. :)

5. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

Generally to help condition hot vapor and make it less irritable use a water filtering device IE bong, bubbler etc... this conditions the vapor to make it less irritating as you inhale it... some people even use a bubbler dry with no water just to have that cool glass and vapor contact... the cool glass serves to cool down th evapor somewhat on the inhale...

Also, because cannabis is a bronchdilator a company had plans to use thc in one as an asthma inhaler - just like regular inhalators for asthma etc... they found out that the size of the thc molecule even though it is effective is to big and causes irritation in the throat of the users so the inhalator did not happen...

6. shredder

shredder Well-Known Member

Good answers so far, and I'll add to vape at low temps when possible.

As someone with asthma I do better vaping concentrates. For whatever reason concentrates bother me less.

When my asthma gets bad, or if I get bronchitis or pnumonia, I just stop vaping period. If I want to indulge it's with medibles.

Best of luck and go see a doc

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors