Can vaping produce toxins?

FatFreddy

Hi there
I'm new to vaping. Smoked for 35 years (but gave up tobacco 20+ yrs ago) and got my first vaporiser 3 months ago.
It's a Vapefiend Storm, cheap and cheerful and I love it although as I start to get my head round vaping I am starting to wonder how much better it might be with more expensive kit. I use resin rather than herb as my wife doesn't indulge and weed just stinks the house out.

I have experimented with different temps with interesting effects but tend to just whack it on the top temp to save a bit of time. After work I just want to get baked asap.
When the storm starts to get really hot, 10+ mins or so, the vapour seems to get really thick, catches my throat and seems to tighten my lungs. I can only "sip" it without coughing. (A little water tool I bought with it helps considerably with this).

Now bearing in mind by this time the contents of my little resin capsule have reduced considerably in volume and is looking pretty toasted, is what I'm inhaling to be relished, or avoided? (I was told on here last night to enjoy it but would appreciate some other points of view on this).

Perhaps not the best example but if I were baking cookies in my oven and left them in there for a while after they'd cooked, they'd eventually carbonise and become inedible.
Am I overcooking my hash?
Obviously I don't want to waste any of the good vapour but I also don't want to inhale bad vapour....if there even is such a thing(?).

FatFreddy,

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Only you can judge when your load is done. If you find after 10+ minutes that the vapor gets too harsh, then stop if you like. I'm a little bit confused what you mean by resin though. Are you talking about concentrate or the stuff you scrape from a pipe you combusted from before?

FatFreddy

Only you can judge when your load is done. If you find after 10+ minutes that the vapor gets too harsh, then stop if you like. I'm a little bit confused what you mean by resin though. Are you talking about concentrate or the stuff you scrape from a pipe you combusted from before?

I mean Hash. Moroccan I think. It's fairly solid, fluffs up and crumbles nicely when warmed.
my vape pen has a little capsule that I fill with the crumbled hash.
If I push through, use the water tool to cool the vapour, eventually I stop getting vapour but by then, the remains in the capsule are very dark, almost black (It's a light brown/tan colour when fresh).

FatFreddy,

FatFreddy

Replying to my own question(s) to push my thread(s) back to the top.
Noticed a number of folks have looked, but v few replies.
Have I asked in the wrong place? Or just asked really boring questions?

FatFreddy,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
If you have cannabis that has been treated with a lot of chemicals that could produce negative flavor and bad effects. I don't know about what toxins? Be careful or (stay away) from cheap Chinese knock off vaporizrs - you have no idea if they could have something toxic that they are made of?

Last edited:

FatFreddy

I would check in the Storm thread mate ...
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/storm-vaporizer.17773/
But
I'm gonna take a barely educated guess that the material at the sides of the oven is starting to char as you approach the 10min marker.
I think they advise splitting the load into say 3 smaller loads that you can hit for 3-4 mins each to avoid charring.
Thanks, new here so never thought to look in the obvious place

FatFreddy,
Top Bottom