Can this be done? Inline a humidifier with a vaporizer?

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
So I own a Mighty vsporizer, but I have been having trouble with the hot dry vapour. Im in vaping abstinence, since I have a sore throat. I just bought a humidifier and thought that it would be a great idea to pair the two together, but I dont know how to go about it.

First, whatever adapter I would put on the humidifier end would need to be open ended, meaning when Im not pulling, the mist needs a place to escape, if its closed it can put stress on the machine. Im looking for the shortest path to link my Mighty vaporizer and the humidifier.

I have ordered water adapters and tools to moisten the vapour, but I feel if I inline the humidifier it would be alot better.

All opinions and suggestions all welcomed. Thanks in advance.

TheMadDabber,
Reactions: kellya86

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Great minds think alike....

I had this idea briefly, a while back.

I invetigated the possibilities, and realised it wouldn't work for me...

What humidifier do you have???

I use ultrasonic, the water particles coming out are cold,

cold = condensation for warm vapour...

There were many more reasons that I can't think of now...

kellya86,

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
Great minds think alike....

I had this idea briefly, a while back.

I invetigated the possibilities, and realised it wouldn't work for me...

What humidifier do you have???

I use ultrasonic, the water particles coming out are cold,

cold = condensation for warm vapour...

There were many more reasons that I can't think of now...

Thanks for the reply man, I just bought a simple humidifier, it looks like R2D2, thats why I bought it.lol....then ontop of that its a humidifier! It sprays a cool mist.

The one that you mentioned sounds alot more sophisticated. If I find a way to do this or someone gives me a great idea I will invest in a more sophisticated humidifier.

Why do you say it wouldnt work for you? Im curious to know.

Right now my throat is killing me and my chest feels alittle heavy, so Im taking a month break and just going to edibles, but I love vaping so Im trying to find a solution.

Beautiful avatar by the way, that lighting makes the buds radiate.

Last edited:
TheMadDabber,
Reactions: kellya86

MinnBobber

Is there a reason(s) you want to do an inline humidifier instead of the traditional (easy-peazy) method of running the Mighty vapor thru a bubbler or hydratube to moisturize the vapor?

Running the vapor thru warm/hot water bubbler yields a very moist vapor that is very easy on the throat/lungs AND the water serves to filter out any herb particles that have been sucked upstream.
An inline humidifier would not filter out anything.
Is this level of added complexity/equipment worth it, what benefits would it bring over the traditional bubbler?
Thanks

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
Is there a reason(s) you want to do an inline humidifier instead of the traditional (easy-peazy) method of running the Mighty vapor thru a bubbler or hydratube to moisturize the vapor?

Running the vapor thru warm/hot water bubbler yields a very moist vapor that is very easy on the throat/lungs AND the water serves to filter out any herb particles that have been sucked upstream.
An inline humidifier would not filter out anything.
Is this level of added complexity/equipment worth it, what benefits would it bring over the traditional bubbler?
Thanks

I have tried water tools with vapes in the past and feel that there has been some compromise as far as the level of buzz achieved, in other words I get way higher hitting it dry. I feel the humidifier would not compromise this.

But there is one thing to factor. That the water acts as a filter and I thank you for reminding me, as I want to vape the healthiest way possible.

TheMadDabber,
Reactions: friedrich

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I have tried water tools with vapes in the past and feel that there has been some compromise as far as the level of buzz achieved

Ha finally iv found someone that agrees with me, I always say that water robs you of actives, and there is definitely something missing after water. No body ever agrees with me...

The main reason it won't work is because the cool mist will cause the vapour to condense upon interaction, meaning a great number of active will be lost...
To avoid this problem the water vapour would have to be hot or at least very warm....

Also it would dilute the vapour...

Do you have a vape that can blow bags????

If so, blow a nearly full bag, then blow some vapour from your humifier at the end and see what that does....

Thanks for the comment on my avatar, I put a lot of work into my flowers.......

Mailinpox

Make sure the water in the humidifier is very clean... ultrasonic humidifiers atomise the water they have in them. Since they do not heat the water this means that living microbes, spores and viruses in the water are becoming airborne and directly inhaled which can pose a threat to people with immune system issues or other medical issues.

Using bottled water or water that has been boiled and cooled is the best bet... if one were to want to try this out.

Mailinpox,
Reactions: Buildozer

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Haven't seen @Egzoset around for a while, but he had also been pursuing that concept a while back.. FWIW Here's a LINK to a thread he made about it.. :cheers:

Buildozer,

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
hey!

tried this with success with the lsv.
replaced the humidifier (always was looking for a good one) with an ecigarette filled with distilled water!
check the following video for some footage:
extraction was very fast, mind you the lsv is set to minimum temperature. i think this works very well and should be incorporated in other builds maybe, the only downside would be hot vapor that needs a longer path to cool down, maybe a whip or so.

i think it has to do that humid air has a higher heat capacity than dry air. meaning that more heat can be transferred from the heating element to the entering humid air and finally to the herb per volume of air.

funkyjunky,
Reactions: AtomicPB
Top Bottom