Can something be wrong with a bud if u get severe allergic reaction?

Mookie0608

i was wondering if something could be wrong like maybe not flushed or cured properly with my bud. Got it from dispensary and I narrowed it down it’s just from this one strain that I never had an issue with. Literally 15-20 minutes later after smoking or vaping maybe even just smelling not positive I’ll get so congested I can’t breathe even breath. I take zeytec daily and I know bud in general dries me out and makes me a little stuffy some times. Happened 2 nights in a row then was like okay I’ll try it again my nose was fine breathing fine i smoked something else in the morning was fine later in day I hit the blueberry again damn near instantly breathing got hard through nose then like usual hit a point I had to breathe through my mouth because my nose was so blocked up. Just wondering if it means it could be something with how it was grown.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
i was wondering if something could be wrong like maybe not flushed or cured properly with my bud. Got it from dispensary and I narrowed it down it’s just from this one strain that I never had an issue with. Literally 15-20 minutes later after smoking or vaping maybe even just smelling not positive I’ll get so congested I can’t breathe even breath. I take zeytec daily and I know bud in general dries me out and makes me a little stuffy some times. Happened 2 nights in a row then was like okay I’ll try it again my nose was fine breathing fine i smoked something else in the morning was fine later in day I hit the blueberry again damn near instantly breathing got hard through nose then like usual hit a point I had to breathe through my mouth because my nose was so blocked up. Just wondering if it means it could be something with how it was grown.
I’ve had similar issues with certain batches of cannabis. It’s not even strain specific as I won’t have issues with the same strain from a different grower.

Do you have any other allergies? I have a lot of food allergies and I think perhaps that might be related to my issues. All of my cannabis is lab tested, unless it comes directly from growers I know personally, so I know it’s not an issue with pesticides, mold, etc. I will eventually grow my own so I don’t have to worry about any of that, it’s nice being able to do that legally!

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
There wouldn't have to be anything "wrong" with the bud to develop an allergic reaction. You can just become allergic. If you develop signs of anaphylaxis, please call 911. You should arrange to have an Epi-pen on hand. Allergies are nothing to fool around with. You mention having food allergies, so you probably already know people with allergies tend to develop more allergies.
While growing , particularly legally, is lovely and should be available to all :2c:, if you are allergic, you will have greater exposure and that would be dangerous in case of cannabis allergy. If it isn't the weed, then it's something in it or on it, but you say that can't be so, so you might want to consult your allergist, as allergies can be deadly.
What symptoms are you having? Rashes? Breathing trouble? Swelling of face, mouth? Please be careful. Allergies are nothing to fool around with.

Last edited:

Mookie0608

I’ve had similar issues with certain batches of cannabis. It’s not even strain specific as I won’t have issues with the same strain from a different grower.

Do you have any other allergies? I have a lot of food allergies and I think perhaps that might be related to my issues. All of my cannabis is lab tested, unless it comes directly from growers I know personally, so I know it’s not an issue with pesticides, mold, etc. I will eventually grow my own so I don’t have to worry about any of that, it’s nice being able to do that legally!

God yeah that’s why I take Zyrtec. My allergies are terrible during pollen season in spring then again at some point when the season starts up I think in fall with the. Hat grass or rag weed what ever it is. I always run a humidors during the winter as well some times even the summer.

Our medical cannabis is tested in a lab as well and u less it’s incredibly expensive to test the dispensaries here test me time and May will again years down the road so for all we know our thc content could be different each time.

I have had my experience with mold on weed though and it’s sad and what leads me to believe disoensaries are simply legal drug dealers that use the law to stay in business and rio you off here. There was mold on one strain and the dispensary I got it from was rude they kept insistent it’s against the law for a dispensary to let a patient look at the buds before leaving the shop and they probably said that so I wouldnt find out that one 8th was packaged 2 years ago and another was a year and a half and they been sitting in plastic, and to my understanding bud loses its potency much quicker especially being stored that long in plastic, and this was back when I first vornado into the program I wound up feeling sick with a major headache after wards afternoon I found out it could have mold I told them and they did not care and I later found out from my doctor and please no offense is intended here I’m simply repeating what the doctor told me that this dispensary is owned and ran by a lawyer that has had several complaints against him but he uses his power as an attourney to make sites like Leafly and Weedmaps remove all negative reviews about his dispensary before they even get approved for the post for public to see.

I would love to be able to grow my own weed but I would love it even more if I could find someone. At this point I’m really desperate to get my hands on northern lights and possibly mazar I sharif ir granddaddy purple since no dispensary has it or will entertain the idea of adding it. They keep adding the most odd strains and non of them really have the old school classics or even want them. To my understanding though especially talking to people it’s the old school pot that works and is very effective, and even a doctor told me honestly west coast weed is better then our medical but honestly even Cali weed is crap compared to what you ca get in Amsterdam.

As far as the allergies though I can deal with it it would be nice to have some kind of relief I don’t think I’ll ever stop smoking or vaping weed. I may go back to opioids for pain relief since pills do the job better in terms of longer lasting relief and a fully functionable relief, but marijuana has really helped to a huge deal my stress and anxiety, and really calms me down I don’t get racy thoughts etc, and honestly I feel like the best thing for me would be to not care what others think and I should just be high all day and night. I’m more sociable happy mellow calm relaxed and most of all I’m not “that one guy” who will be at the bank that gets robbed or on the plane with a suicide bomber or driving over a bridge that will collapse. All those bad thoughts are kept far at bay when I’m high and I feel like a better person and motivated to get things done. Actually feel like pot changed my life for the better only while I’m high. Heck im 29 and I find my self getting stoned at night and loving listening to old classics I could never stand like last dance with Mary Jane many songs from Pink Floyd especially hey you and a lot of rock/soft metal like Metallica turn the page music I usually hate sounds very calming interesting and cool while stoned something about the beat to ast dance and hey you I can’t describe it other then they both sound amazing stoned and I can get to sleep better and quicker listening to songs like that and feels like the highs are enhanced.

Mookie0608

My allergies well issue I smoked this strain before never had an issue it just smells different and tastes weird compared to what I’m used to it being and I get so stuffy in my nose I can’t breathe through it, but as far as what I’m used to dealing with minor congestion sneeezing and sore throats off and on that are some times severe but the small stuff if I take a Zyrtec max or what ever the high 24 hour dose is all that stuff is gone or barely noticeable. I have gotten chest pain a few times just took it as an anxiety/panic attack because it only happened when a few times I got too stoned and was like yeah I been smoking all night it’s time for bed or I’m too high not moving feels a lot better. Usually I get pretty bad chest pains even not from weed and other then having a mitrolapsed heart valve and a arythmia my hearts healthy and doctor said it’s just very bad anxiety and anxiety mimics a heart attack when it’s bad enough and since I started with medical marijuana it has helped a lot except for when I hit a point and Iran not often I smoked too much I have to goto bed so to me that sounds like anxiety and my body reacting to that couch lock feeling because it’s not used to the feeling if not having control and my mind wondering panicking creating that feeling.

Mookie0608,
Top Bottom