• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

can someone recommend some good stash jars?

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
An assorted collection (Chico, Classics, and Satchmos) of 10-12 Jyarz usually accommodates all my needs.

The packages Aldo puts together are also of amazing value and discounted the moment you buy more than one at a time, he also consistently runs BOGO offers or other give aways.

IMHO~ Aldo and Jyarz should be considered for FC Vendor of the Year!

Adobewan

I have tried many different jars, including pricey ones, and, like other FC brethren, I always go back to my mason jars.
They come in assorted sizes, have interlocking lids, are very inexpensive and provide, possibly, the best seal I've found on a jar.
Keep them away from heat and light(and try to keep the air to material ratio low), and months are no issue in a mason jar.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bel...rome&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8#q=mason+jars&tbm=shop

Adobewan,
Reactions: Kief

Kelvin-nbk

I don't want to start a new thread, and this one doesn't seem to old and is about the same thing so im gonna post here :)

I've been thinking about making myself some cool glass stash jars.
Have you ever seen the trick where you cut a glass bottle with nail varnish and string?
I thought it would be pretty cool if i did that to 4 or 5 different types of beer bottle (the ones with the label etched or imprinted on the glass) and then used some cork cut to size for the stopper?
Or maybe try making a lid out of the top part of the bottle I cut off?
Can anyone forsee any problems with this? Or recommend a way to make a good lid for them?
Cheers :)

*edit* I wonder if I could do it to a jack Daniels bottle

Kelvin-nbk,

dangelo420

Hey Kevin-nbk this sound like a creative idea! I am not sure how you would create a nice airtight seal with any left-over parts and in my opinion, cork is fairly porous and not can expand/contract with temperature. A lot has already been covered with good jars and containers but you really need a way to have some clamp or screw force coupled with a rubber gasket/seal for the best results. You could 3D print in 2 materials, hard for the lid and soft for the gasket...Lot of work though :cool:

Good luck!

dangelo420,

Kelvin-nbk

Thanks :) I was wondering if plumbers silicone would be acceptable to use to create the seal? Or would there be some terrible reaction there :/
I just thought it would be really nice to have some recycled stash jars instead of making new ones.
I'll deffinetly be having a look into this, and if anyone else likes the idea feel free to have a go.
Maybe getting wooden lids built to size with a rubber seal?!
Just thought it was funky, plus most of mine are brown bottle beer ;)

Last edited:
Kelvin-nbk,

HomeFree

I use mason jelly jars personally, they could hold around 10 grams or so stuffed, maybe could get a half oz in them. I would like to use jyarz. A couple of grams in a 4 oz jelly jar dries out a lot faster than in a container with less head room. But the jelly jars are pretty easy to reach inside of.

HomeFree,

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
I use to always be on the hunt for different jars and containers for storage options.

Now I use Jyarz Classic and satchmo to keep 1/4 and under (satchmo) and the classics for ground up herb and when I'm on the go with my Arizer air. I keep them in a leatherman tin case in my sock drawer.

I use cvaults for anything over a 1/4 and for long term storage/curing. I never have more than a zip of one strain so it works out quite well. I am waiting to try out one of the new extra small cvaults with the snap lid. Hoping planet vape or puffitup will stock them soon. One time I left a nice big nug in the small cvault for a couple months and when I busted it out it was absolutely perfect cure. I was impressed.

HaileyGirl

[I have 2+ year old material under vacuum that is still the same moistness and taste as two years ago. If you have quantities that need to be stored long term, a vacuum is a real luxury]

If you vacuum seal do you put jars in freezer for added potency protection?

When using a vacuum sealer, unless you pump air out of the mason jar you are only sealing the jar, not taking the air out, thus you still have air with your herb.

Last edited:
HaileyGirl,

ginolicious

Mason jar. Dirt cheap. Easy to find. Does the job perfect.

I've been keeping my stash in a mason jar for well over 8 years now. Never ever had any issues.

ginolicious,

MinnBobber

If you vacuum seal do you put jars in freezer for added potency protection?

Freezing is definitely not good as the trichomes get super brittle when frozen and break off.

I'm not a fan of vacuum sealing in vacuum bags as the buds are delicate and get crushed when compressed like that. Only exception is Bud Vac jar which has a dandy vacuum seal cover and hand pump. Downside----one 28 gram size Bud Vac is about $48, yikes.

IMO, a mason jar + Boveda 62% humidity pack is unbeatable for big amounts.
For small amounts, JyARZ containers and a Boveda pack.
When properly cured to start and then put in controlled humidity environment, the herb quality actually continues to get better. I have a JyARZ with 18 month old bud and it actually vapes better than when cured one month.
just my experience

HaileyGirl

Miron Glass for storage
Ok, has anyone heard about this glass for storage? According to my research on the web it states: This unique biophotonic glassware is unparalleled in preservation of natural items. Made in Switzerland. This storage technology was rediscovered after wheat seeds found in the pyramids were dated at 3000 years old but retained their vitality. Scientists determined the vitality of any natural substance could be preserved and enhanced by storage in violet glassware. Only available to the public since 2007, VioLiv vitality glassware is revolutionizing food storage in all parts of the world.

Wouldn't this be the ideal storage container for our sweet buds?

harmless healing

Miron Glass for storage
Ok, has anyone heard about this glass for storage? According to my research on the web it states: This unique biophotonic glassware is unparalleled in preservation of natural items. Made in Switzerland. This storage technology was rediscovered after wheat seeds found in the pyramids were dated at 3000 years old but retained their vitality. Scientists determined the vitality of any natural substance could be preserved and enhanced by storage in violet glassware. Only available to the public since 2007, VioLiv vitality glassware is revolutionizing food storage in all parts of the world.

Wouldn't this be the ideal storage container for our sweet buds?

I use a version of these for my main storage and find they work very well. Jyarz for out and about/ready to vape material.

Bought them at uvstashjars.co.uk for anyone interested

Cheers

Namaste

harmless healing,

tepictoton

Started a thread about miron glass a few days ago but no reactions.

Bought a few of them and am very happy with them. Check the thread for info on where to get them a lot cheaper then from uvstash jar...

Last edited:
tepictoton,

Adobewan

I'm using these. Do y'all think they're OK? Stainless steel & seal well. Inside the little container might not be stainless; can't tell. It's a dull finish...

http://www.amazon.com/LunchBots-Pro...id=1442969472&sr=8-1&keywords=bots+condiments
These are neat but are they air tight?
Another choice of the "Mason jar style".....for larger amounts.
Container Store has some pretty good choices.
http://www.containerstore.com/s/kit...ss-storage-jars/123d?productId=10011037#close
Have used similar to his, latch is unreliable and seal is inconsistent. Not good for our needs.
Started a thread about miron glass a few days ago but no reactions.

Bought a few of them and am very happy with them. Check the thread for info on where to get them a lot cheaper then from uvstash jar...
Yes!! Miron glass is the ultimate for our needs but can be expensive.
@tepictoton where is your Miron glass thread?

Although I use Miron glass jars, mason jars in a dark closet are the least expensive, most effective jars I've found, to use for our needs. Particularly if you are storing an ounce or more of dried flower. They come in assorted shapes and sizes and are truly inexpensive(see Target or Walmart here in the states.)

Adobewan,

friedrich

Little-Known Member
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/violet-glass-storage-bottles.19381/

No reactions there yet but does have link to eBay seller I used.(edit: seller is based in Europe)

They are relatively expensive, but I like the miron/violet glass jars too... I have one for each strain (eleven right now :freak:), and some of them have fun designs on the side like a 1-up mushroom or :leaf:

They definitely work better for me than jelly jars, at least... one of my samples is eight months old and still fresh!

Last edited:
friedrich,

haydenxxl

Infinity UV proof air tight glass jars , they are the best jars I have found. Absolutely no light gets through and they are air tight as it gets. My supply can last basically as long as I want it to in one of the infinity jars. Buy them from Amazon , you get free shipping on Amazon as opposed to the infinity website.

haydenxxl,

tepictoton

They are the same as violet miron glass... Save yourself some money and get them before they are remarketed to our beloved world of paraphernalia....

tepictoton,
Reactions: haydenxxl

haydenxxl

@tepictoton what do you think of uv proof glass vs something like the cvault ? (High grade Stainless steel, not aluminum)

edit * never mind read the cvault thread/your thread on miron

Last edited:
haydenxxl,
Top Bottom