can someone recommend some good stash jars?

Nycdeisel

Looks interesting, cant go wrong for $12.

I use glass mason jars of various sizes at home. I rarely vape outside, so I just have a little airtight pill holder which could hold a gram or so comfortably, which is more then I would need anyway.

Nycdeisel,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
I bought it. Wish I didn't. It is just a plastic pepper mill. I haven't had the balls to use it for what is meant for. I think you would need to grind a lot of stuff for it to work properly. I think a razor blade is a better and much cheaper way to "grind" stuff up.

It works as a glass storage container just fine. But you could get the same thing at the dollar store.

notmyrealUSERname,

momatik

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/kitchen-and-food/food-containers-storage/glass-spice-jar/s502057

GlassSpiceJar2p5ozF10

For 2$ it's a steal.

momatik,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I use canning jars to store bud, but I then grind it and keep it in these little plastic canisters. I got the kit at Joannes fabric store for like $10. I love it because it makes many varieties available for immediate inhalation :)

img2752a.jpg

Tstat,

lwien

Tstat, something you might find interesting from a blurb from my dispensary from their site:

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Microscopic inspection for purity
Quality control for medicinal cannabis at California collectives is poor or non-existent. Molds and insect damage are the most common contaminants of medical cannabis. Molds pose a special threat to patients using cannabis, since smoking or vaporizing does not destroy mold toxins. All Cornerstone medicinal cannabis is inspected with forensic microscopes to detect contamination by mold or insect damage. Cannabis is a perishable product, yet Cornerstone is the only collective that refrigerates its products to preserve their purity and potency. Many collectives still use inexpensive plastic packaging for their cannabis medicines. These collectives are unaware that naturally occurring solvents in cannabis interact with plastics to form carcinogens such as formaldehyde. Cornerstone only uses glass and chemical-resistant polypropylene to package medicinal cannabis."

CornerStone Research
Affiliate: International Cannabinoid Research Society
Member - International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines
Supporter: ASA, PAN, GLACA & MPP, Patients Out of Time

lwien,
Reactions: tuk

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Ok, so if I put my ground herb in a plastic container, I am potentially poisoning myself? I always knew glass was the best for long term storage, but I never thought about a gram stashed in plastic container. Maybe I switch to a spice jar type of setup. It's just so cool and convenient to have 1 gram stash jars ready to go.

Tstat,

lwien

Tstat said:
Ok, so if I put my ground herb in a plastic container, I am potentially poisoning myself? I always knew glass was the best for long term storage, but I never thought about a gram stashed in plastic container. Maybe I switch to a spice jar type of setup. It's just so cool and convenient to have 1 gram stash jars ready to go.

CRC is kind of anal about their bud. I just posted it up as an fyi. Guess it all depends on how seriously you take this stuff.

lwien,

shantytown007

I take 10% of each bag and store that in the rainy day fund in the freezer, labeled and dated in small plastic bags wrapped up in a lock & lock (size of the bags vs the size of glass jars in regards to available space).

The remainder is stored in a ziplock then tossed into another lock & lock in the freezer. Generally have 2-4 different strains at a time in the 2nd container.

I take out about 1g every 2-3 days (half gram each of two varieties) and put it in a double barrel stash box from Purple Days.

I grind some in a 2 piece, some in a 4 piece, and store the ground in several different containers- a smaller single barrel stash box from Purple Days for the bedroom, two dugouts- home/travel, and one small glass jar (2" round) is the main container. I like the wood containers since they can be kept out in the open without drawing attention, but the glass is more fun to look at. I've found bottle supply companies online that have inexpensive jars of all shapes and sizes. Also, keef in the bottom of the 4 piece for 'nightcaps' and occasional pressing.

Out and about, I usually have a loaded MFLB and sometimes a dugout (as both a stash container and an 'I'm too lazy to explain vaporizing now' tool).

I don't really recommend this setup to anyone, it's more based around 'what I've bought' than 'what works best.' that being said, having such a byzantine setup helps make sure I don't run out- sometimes need to go 60-90 days between reups of headdies out here :/

shantytown007,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I don't know, man... I would not "store" my bud in plastic. Ever. But a gram in a small plastic container that stays for week or two...

Tstat,

Nycdeisel

I wish I had such a great system^ :D
Because at some point I always get low on herb and start to :uhoh:

Nycdeisel,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Anyone know where I can get glass containers similar to the small plastic ones in my photo? I have been looking even before this thread. Keeping the stuff in plastic for a short time does not bother me, but I would rather have glass for kief collection, etc.

Tstat,

Spacenstein

Tstat said:
Anyone know where I can get glass containers similar to the small plastic ones in my photo? I have been looking even before this thread. Keeping the stuff in plastic for a short time does not bother me, but I would rather have glass for kief collection, etc.

I've been looking for small glass containers like that, as well.. The best thing I found were these lipbalm cases from bed, bath, & beyond. They hold probably .9gs of bud, I use mine essentially for keif and I'm able to throw in two gs of hash/oil in that thing.

Spacenstein,

djonkoman

I use mason jars for main storage, if I go somewhere(mostly to friends) I fill a filmcanister, if it's mot empty if I return(wich is most common since I like to fill it with so much I won't use it all), I first use what's still in the canister till it's epty then I get my mason jars again
only grind it right before vaping it

djonkoman,

Nycdeisel

Very good, djonkoman. That is what I strive for too. Even a day in a container thats not a mason jar will dry it out quite a bit. I dont want to get into weather I dry my herb or not right now.

Nycdeisel,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
For home storage:
ss9a.jpg

On the go:
aql20100220112.jpg

The white container is used for my LB, it's perfect for loading a trench. The amber jars are great for protecting the bud against light and you can't beat the price.

AgentofChaos,

Nycdeisel

Thats not actually amber glass^^

the amber colored glass that protects from light is much darker

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom