Can Someone Give a Comparison of the EVO and GH Thru Water?

Tony Timeless

Can someone give a little comparison of The EVO and the Grasshopper through water-filtration (bubbler) ?

Especially the factors Extraction speed and Draw restriction are interesting me.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Tony Timeless,

Tony Timeless

Is here really no one who has both, the EVO and the Grasshopper and could compare these 2 for me?

I only have the GH and I love it through my D020 bubbler with heat level 5. I find the draw restriction to be perfect & the extraction power of this little machine is really impressive. No stirring needed for one big hit with let's say 0.05g of bud.

How does the EVO compare ? :)

Tony Timeless,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I don't have the GH but I do have the EVO. It seems like you would be comparing apples to oranges. Its like they would be too different to compare IMO.

Not too many have the GHs yet. Some day I will order one - hopefully the bugs get worked out. It looks like folks are starting to finally get theirs. Maybe with more units in the wild you'll get some response.

CarolKing,

Tony Timeless

@jojo monkey Usually i take a 15-20 second draw, rather slowly, this extracts really everything IMO.

@CarolKing thanks for your reply. It seems like comparing apples to oranges, i know, but really: the GH with a nice sized water bubbler gives amazing draws, it really feels exactly like hitting a hard-hitting desktop unit ;) Beats my e-nano when it comes to draw resistance and "extracting everything without having to stir".

Fortunately, I had the chance to purchase an EVO starter kit these days, so I will be able to compare these 2 products soon. So excited, if the difference between these 2 will be really that huge :)

pootsforjesus

I've had my EVO since launch (unit #2 off the line) and just received my hopper this past Saturday.

They both work wonderfully in terms of taste and vapor production. The biggest differences, in my opinion, are the draw experience and overall usability in regards to cleaning and such.

Drawing the grasshopper through water can be a bit restricted, especially in comparison to the Evo. Using a Möbius Ion Matrix with both, I find the draw for the Evo is really easy and light on the lungs. The grasshopper is tougher, but you'll still get the vapor you're looking for if you can pull for long enough.

Cleaning the ELB's and the hopper champer is easy, though I feel like a pick is a necessity for the hopper after every spent chamber. I may be over packing the hopper, but I haven't been able to tap the hopper empty, like I can with an ELB.

Evo can take 30-45+ seconds to heat up to temperature, whereas the hopper takes 3-5 seconds. That time difference is huge to me. Ever since I got a used Herbalizer and Grasshopper, the Evo has been put away for the time being.

Hope this helps!

hoptimum

yes, think about it like this: you have a little water squirting pistol on the one hand, and a fire hose on the other.

hoptimum,

Tony Timeless

yes, think about it like this: you have a little water squirting pistol on the one hand, and a fire hose on the other.

Haha is it really THAT different? I like your analogy and i am looking forward being able to find out the difference within the next 1-2 days :)

thanks for your reply @pootsforjesus !! exactly what i was hoping to read tbh! Easy and light on the lungs sounds pretty cool to me. I have not used so many different vaporizers, so I always thought a little bit of restriction would be necessary to milk a water bubbler. But i have seen MANY videos on youtube showing EVOs milking bongs so seems like i will get the best of both worlds pretty soon :)
Thanks again for your response!

Tony Timeless,

Tony Timeless

@CarolKing :

May I ask you how in your opinion the EVO and the E-Nano compare when it comes to draw-restriction and extraction? I have read that you prefer your nano(s) dry, but I can remember reading that you also have a bubbler, so would you mind comparing the 2 devices through water? Thank you very much in advance !! :)

Tony Timeless,

smokie

The gh is like a portable evo. But side by side no comparison.
If you haven't used an evo looking at videos they look similar. But after getting evo back out they don't compare.
Grasshopper is still a great portable especially through water. And it doesn't take 20mins to heat up.

Top Bottom