Can psychedelic drugs treat depression?

Rudy Rudiger

This is a crazy world.

Could you just imagine running into grandma at the local market tripping her face off. "Its just my depression medication hunny. It makes me want to lick everything."

In regards to that study, Im not so sure its a good idea. Ive had bad trips before, and they are not fun. Imagine someone who is unfamiliar with psychedelics having a bad trip after a serious trauma or death of a loved one. Thats like worst case scenario.

Whats next? Giving coke to the obese?

Rudy Rudiger,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Rudy Rudiger said:
This is a crazy world.

Could you just imagine running into grandma at the local market tripping her face off. "Its just my depression medication hunny. It makes me want to lick everything."

In regards to that study, Im not so sure its a good idea. Ive had bad trips before, and they are not fun. Imagine someone who is unfamiliar with psychedelics having a bad trip after a serious trauma or death of a loved one. Thats like worst case scenario.

Whats next? Giving coke to the obese?
nah not coke for the obese, alternative sources of meth-like products is what they are given them these days.... hydroxycut...

and as far as using psychedelic for treatment... it is not something you will do by yourself, thats why they have several shrinks in the room with you, to direct the experience into a therapy session and keep you rooted in the experience.. to avoid bad trips (well not the bad parts you will need to work on) but to help keeping you from going off the deep end

In the right environment and with someone to lead you, psychedelics can be very helpful with depression and the likes...
now if you went off and tried this on your own, you will have to have a pretty strong will and respect of the drug you are taking to go down a therapy type path, or you might end up on a really bad trip

when i quit drinking and smoking cigs (quit both at the same time)... i had such a hard time doing it. However I did it over night when i decided to say fuck it, and dosed some mushrooms. During my trip i convinced myself why each thing was bad for my and why I needed to quit. when I came out of my trip I never touched either alcohol or ciggies again.
For me there was a huge mental barrier keeping me from proceeding with quiting these two drugs... the mushrooms helped me break that mental barrier.

DevoTheStrange,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Yeah mushrooms have helped me work past some really bad times. The trip was absolutely terrible but the effect it had on my life was very positive.

bluntfaced,

Mckdenton

Fuck the drug war!

If you gotta take shrooms to be happy, so be it.
If you wanna just trip balls that should be fine too.

IMO there should be no laws preventing anyone (of age) to consume anything they like.

medical MJ
medical Magic mushrooms
medical Ecstasy
medical acid

sounds exciting to me.

Mckdenton,

Pappy

shmaporist
It depends on the type of depression. Psychedelics can't address certain physical imbalances. I do believe LSD therapy has proven its ability to cure certain chemical imbalances like alcoholism and drug addiction.

Pappy,
Top Bottom