Can infused coconut oil go bad???

MinnBobber

Hi,
thought I'd sample some infused oil since my wife is at Willie Nelson concert....she asks me about seeing the worst concerts but never asked me about Willie :( She went with her girlfriend.
I have two small batches.
-One that I intended to sample smelled really really weird, sharp and hard to describe. Both were in fridge for 5 months and this one had some noticeable condensation inside. Could that make a "keeps forever oil" go bad??
- Second was dry inside and smell was much much less. Second batch was an upgraded technique where I got out much more of the fine ABV particles. Sampled some of this, ???

Anyone experience this? comments/suggestions??
Thanks
Go Willy, and why aren't you vaping ? :)

Alexis

Hi,
thought I'd sample some infused oil since my wife is at Willie Nelson concert....she asks me about seeing the worst concerts but never asked me about Willie :( She went with her girlfriend.
I have two small batches.
-One that I intended to sample smelled really really weird, sharp and hard to describe. Both were in fridge for 5 months and this one had some noticeable condensation inside. Could that make a "keeps forever oil" go bad??
- Second was dry inside and smell was much much less. Second batch was an upgraded technique where I got out much more of the fine ABV particles. Sampled some of this, ???

Anyone experience this? comments/suggestions??
Thanks
Go Willy, and why aren't you vaping ? :)

I think it will depend on whether you used just coconut oil or mixed it with water as well. The water needs to be removed or else it will surely spoil. I have never used water in my own batches. So much easier without, no risk of microbes growinf, and it seems to not be necessary as long as you can cook low enough and keep anneye and stir every 20 mins or so.

Of course plant sediment can be a factor too. If you strain in properly it should be fine. My own batches, I would be very confident about eating it 5, 6 months down the line no probs.

Alexis,
Top Bottom