Can i store bud in this ?

HomeFree

Those are probably not airtight. I would not even use them for spices unless I was going to use them quickly. Personally on a budget I like the 4 oz jelly jars from ball or kerr. There are 8 oz ones if you need to store more. I can fit a half oz of some really dense strains into a 4 oz jelly jar, but only about 10 grams of a more airy strain (might be able to stuff in a half oz but the buds would be smashed). I usually get 1/4 oz at a time so the jelly jars work well and once they get less full then I transfer to a baby food jar so it doesn't start drying out. I'm not sure how long you hang onto a quarter oz. If you are a one strain guy you will probably run through it quick enough. If you want to take it farther you could get some jyarz.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
With either, make sure you store in a dark place. I usually just put in shoe box and put that in a cabinet.

flotntoke,
Reactions: Vaponly

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Can i store my fresh bud for long term in these spice tins
I wouldn't. As suggested, ball jars are good for medium to large amounts. If you are looking for smaller containers, a good website is specialtybottle.com. They carry all sorts of jars and bottles including this one that I've used for herb in the past with success. They carry an amber version of it too. It's volume is 4 oz. but that's liquid. The jars themselves are only about 2 inches high. They also carry a screw top tin that might work better than the spice jars you pictured. I often use those tins for the pain salve I make and have stored kief in the real small ones.

sChris

Account Closed
I cant understand using anything other than a glass jar, kilner jars feel really nice to pop open when you've got a Nice stash of bud. Some coffee jars also have an air tight lid which I regularly use

sChris,

toked23

I wouldn't. As suggested, ball jars are good for medium to large amounts. If you are looking for smaller containers, a good website is specialtybottle.com. They carry all sorts of jars and bottles including this one that I've used for herb in the past with success. They carry an amber version of it too. It's volume is 4 oz. but that's liquid. The jars themselves are only about 2 inches high. They also carry a screw top tin that might work better than the spice jars you pictured. I often use those tins for the pain salve I make and have stored kief in the real small ones.
Are these fairly good for a month or 2?

toked23,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Are these fairly good for a month or 2?
Which? I've used both and feel they're both good. The problem with Specialty Bottle is the shipping cost. So unless you are buying quite a few (or buy tins in bulk like I do) it gets expensive. Ball jars are inexpensive and easily accessible.

toked23

Which? I've used both and feel they're both good. The problem with Specialty Bottle is the shipping cost. So unless you are buying quite a few (or buy tins in bulk like I do) it gets expensive. Ball jars are inexpensive and easily accessible.

I was looking at the little blue ones. Cost 1.20$. 3 with shipping is like 8.50$. I have multiple ball jars also but they seem to be too big for my typically small amounts...

toked23,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
I was looking at the little blue ones. Cost 1.20$. 3 with shipping is like 8.50$. I have multiple ball jars also but they seem to be too big for my typically small amounts...

Just add more jars and give them away. I'll forward my address! :D Kidding, but I always buy a little more than I need in these situations. It all just goes in the box of crap until needed, or I find someone else that needs something. Their little metal tins come in handy for traveling, too.

I always clean everything out with a little ISO and water when I get new ones, just to be safe. Be sure to dry thoroughly.

flotntoke,

toked23

Just add more jars and give them away. I'll forward my address! :D Kidding, but I always buy a little more than I need in these situations. It all just goes in the box of crap until needed, or I find someone else that needs something. Their little metal tins come in handy for traveling, too.

I always clean everything out with a little ISO and water when I get new ones, just to be safe. Be sure to dry thoroughly.

Hahaha, yeah, I have a boxes/drawers with these exact things you speak of...

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Hahaha, yeah, I have a boxes/drawers with these exact things you speak of...

Don't we all!!!!

A friend of mine gave me an amber jar not too long ago that I can't find on Specialty Bottle or anywhere else. He said he found it while cleaning out his box of junk and can't remember where he got it. It is a small brown jar with blue lid. It holds a little more than I usually like to carry, but I love the wide mouth! It is big enough that I can drop nearly anything I need to in the jar and suck up a load. My 18mm GonG mouthpiece for the Milaana even fits in there!

Has anyone seen these anywhere?

Quick pic. 18mm banger for perspective. Only some lavender in there, now.;)

OlNlAPo.jpg

flotntoke,

HomeFree

2 dram is around 1/4 oz (liquid). A 2 dram vial might be cool to put pre ground herb in for later use with a wide mouth like that. You could probably fit around a half gram in a 2 dram vial.

HomeFree,

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
Do these 2 dram vials fit the bill @ approx. 19 mms across? They're a bit shorter than your's but might be wide enough to accommodate your needs:
http://www.specialtybottle.com/glass-bottles/vials/2dram-va2
http://www.specialtybottle.com/glass-bottles/vials

Good hunting!

Thanks, but think they would be a little tight. Not bad though. Don't think the GonG end would fit inside them, but may be wide enough to get just the tip in which could work. Will have to pick some up next time I get something from Specialty Bottle.

flotntoke,
Top Bottom