1. Thanks to some very special members we were able to help those in need.
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Can ABV go bad?

Discussion in 'Cooking with Cannabis' started by Seek, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Seek

Seek Apprentice Daydreamer

I've searched a bit and found nothing. I have a big bag of old ABV. Months old. It's characteristic ABV popcorn aroma is long gone. But I don't smell anythingwrong in there. Is is safe to eat this old ABV? I now abv is dry, but is that enough for it to be edible for mohts/years? Can it get moisture back from the atmosphere? I store it in a medium sized zip-lock bag which I know is not perfectly air-proof.
  2. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Yes.
  3. BearlyAsleep

BearlyAsleep New Member

even if its been in a sealed jar for a month? it doesn't smell mouldy, but like seek said, it smells different.
  4. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

Just like any dry good, it needs to be kept away from excess humidity. It's pretty hardy overall and I never give it a thought, but if you know you stored it someplace damp and it smells musty, then you have to make that judgement call.
  5. BearlyAsleep

BearlyAsleep New Member

definitely no damp or musty environment, I'm more concerned with the fact that it was completely sealed
    Vessel likes this.
  6. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be. Again, you have to make the judgement call, but I don't store my AVB very well and I always use it with no issues. Just spread it out and have a look at it...maybe let it dry out in a very low oven and see how it smells then, if you want to be sure :)
  7. BearlyAsleep

BearlyAsleep New Member

Thanks man, I'm gonna go for it, any advice on the best/easiest edible to make with nearly 40g of ABV?:)
    Tweek likes this.
  8. Tweek

Tweek Well-Known Member

I'd say brownies, but check the forum out as there are tons of different ideas.:tup:
    BearlyAsleep likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors