Can a vaporizer like the Omicron make it thru security (airport)

Anyone have experience with this? I've got a trip to NY from Cali (SF) and want to take my Omicron with me. Obviously it will reek if security opens the case, but I've heard of people getting it through in their luggage? Is that probable to make it through? Last thing I want to do is have it confiscated and end up in NY look in my luggage that was checked in and its missing... I could try to take it on my carry-on but if they disallow it then what? Can't just turn around drop it off at home and go back...

bombaysippin,

OO

Technical Skeptical
I think the tsa try to break anything unconventional, which a vape would qualify as. I wouldn't do it personally, just improvise.

OO,
Reactions: OF
I think the tsa try to break anything unconventional, which a vape would qualify as. I wouldn't do it personally, just improvise.
yeah plus I'd be going to a non-medical non-recreational state in New York.... thinking I may have to find some while I'm there and smoke it away from my family.

bombaysippin,
Reactions: OF

JCat

Accessory Maker
That truly sucks ... you shouldn't have to hide from your family to take your medication. (I experience the same stigma at times ...) I can travel with my vaporizers anywhere in Canada, but out of Country I'd be concerned. Laws and society at large have to catch up with common sense ... you can get drunk while waiting to get on your plane and while on your plane, yet you can't bring your medication that might get you slightly high with you from point A to point B on a plane ... where's the common sense, the compassion? ... what a messed up world we live in.

drakoran

Hey all, new to the forum, a lot of great info here, so I decided I would make an account to ask this question.

I am planning on buying the new Da Vinci Ascent when it comes out assuming it reviews well, and I would like to take it with me on a trip to Amsterdam at the end of May. I will likely be packing it with my checked bag so it won't be in my carry-on. That being said I don't want to risk having the thing confiscated by customs or worse get charged with paraphernalia. I plan on cleaning the thing very well with an alcohol/salt mixture or whatever the manufacturer recommends before getting on the plane, both leaving and coming back, but I am still concerned about customs. Undoubtedly a lot of my clothes are going to smell like a coffee shop, and if my bag is searched they will definitely find the vape. Do you think I would have any problem as long as it has been cleaned well and doesn't have any plant matter or residue? Has anyone else transported their vape on a plane, especially overseas and come back through customs? Am I being overly paranoid?

drakoran,

Greenscreen

When i took my solo to the Dam it was brand new so didn't have a problem on flight out there

I posted it back to the UK on my last day in Dam. It arrived no problem.

I guess it's slightly risky putting a used vape in the post but i cleaned it as best as i could and it worked out for me! :shrug:

Greenscreen,

supnewbz

nike tick polo horse
I know this thread is a bit old but couldn't you Americans just courier the vape too yourself??

supnewbz,

max

Out to lunch
If you can afford that you can afford to buy a vape when you get where you're going.

max,

PAZ

That truly sucks ... you shouldn't have to hide from your family to take your medication. (I experience the same stigma at times ...) I can travel with my vaporizers anywhere in Canada, but out of Country I'd be concerned. Laws and society at large have to catch up with common sense ... you can get drunk while waiting to get on your plane and while on your plane, yet you can't bring your medication that might get you slightly high with you from point A to point B on a plane ... where's the common sense, the compassion? ... what a messed up world we live in.

I don't mean to high jack this thread by any means, but i'm going to have to travel a domestic flight (only about an hour) in Canada, and i've been trying to figure out how to transport it. Is flying not a problem with it?

PAZ,

JCat

Accessory Maker
I don't mean to high jack this thread by any means, but i'm going to have to travel a domestic flight (only about an hour) in Canada, and i've been trying to figure out how to transport it. Is flying not a problem with it?
I'm a licensed legal user in Canada ... so as long as I don't have over 150g I'm A-ok.

(I travelled across the Country with my Solo, and about a dozen mason jars full of different strains of cannabis ... the RCMP checked it out at the Halifax airport while leaving, but it wasn't more than a 20 minute delay and they were very polite and friendly--apart from the one security agent who seemed to ease up by the end--maybe realized that I was just a regular guy travelling with my family and not a danger to society :))

fairy boots

My mom works for TSA and has no clue what a vaporizer is, lol. I don't think small airports know anything about vaporizers, cities however could be a lot different as they deal with more crime. Also, I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to break your stuff, I believe they're supposed to give it to the PD to use as evidence. I could be wrong. :\

fairy boots,
I've had a friend bring his MFLB on a plane with him in his carry on. He just put it in a pencil bag since it looks kinda like a pencil sharpener. Just make sure it is very clean; so even if they find it, they legally have no right to take it from you.

I'm a licensed legal user in Canada ... so as long as I don't have over 150g I'm A-ok.

(I travelled across the Country with my Solo, and about a dozen mason jars full of different strains of cannabis ... the RCMP checked it out at the Halifax airport while leaving, but it wasn't more than a 20 minute delay and they were very polite and friendly--apart from the one security agent who seemed to ease up by the end--maybe realized that I was just a regular guy travelling with my family and not a danger to society :))

Coolest thing I'm gonna read all day.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: JCat
Top Bottom