Calling all mod box owners

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
Hello to all......I apologize if there is something on this thread that has already been discussed, if so please move.

I started this thread this thread because I have always been interested in getting a modbox and I want to learn more about using my unit, as well as learning more about other units, the similarities and distinctions between them.

What mod box do you own, what are you using it for and what are the attachments you use?

Researching off another thread I saw alot of suggestions to get an Evic vtc mini. So I went out and got one, with my limited use and knowledge I already like it, though I also have a few things I would like to know:

I wanted to know if its a common thing for the ohms number to change for the same catridge I have used for the last few days.

I also wanted to know if I can or should use temp control on a cartridge of honey oil Im using, but I dont know if ai should use ni or ti settings or just straight wattage.

Thanks!

TheMadDabber,

Bad Ocelot

The ohms jump around on my kanger subtank sometimes, I can usually fix it by unscrewing the tank enough to disengage & then screwing it back in. It seems to be a problem with the base, if you can order a new base for your tank that may fix the problem.

I currently use a Smok Treebox, I like it quite well. It's pretty inexpensive & looks very nice, kinda surprised I don't see more of them. Has a 75w max, but i've never had it above 25. Usually in the 10-14w range as I normally use the 1.2ohm coils. It also has temp control but I've never used it. May get some TC coils at some point in the not too distant future though.

Regarding temp control, it depends on what type of coils are in the tank you have & what metals TC mode on your box supports. If you don't know or have any of that info just stick with wattage. If you've got titanium coils or nickel coils use the appropriate setting.

Hope that helps!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hello to all......I apologize if there is something on this thread that has already been discussed, if so please move.

I started this thread this thread because I have always been interested in getting a modbox and I want to learn more about using my unit, as well as learning more about other units, the similarities and distinctions between them.

What mod box do you own, what are you using it for and what are the attachments you use?

Researching off another thread I saw alot of suggestions to get an Evic vtc mini. So I went out and got one, with my limited use and knowledge I already like it, though I also have a few things I would like to know:

I wanted to know if its a common thing for the ohms number to change for the same catridge I have used for the last few days.

I also wanted to know if I can or should use temp control on a cartridge of honey oil Im using, but I dont know if ai should use ni or ti settings or just straight wattage.

Thanks!
You could, it wouldn't need much power at all tbh, and then it also depends on what box mod it is. Most of the coils I tried are around 2 ohms so you need like 5 watts max (since those stick batteries are also 3.7v fixed voltage). I had a cart that was 2 ohms and threw it on my IPV D2 and 7 watts (the lowest setting).... and promptly blew the coil apart. Why? Because the IPV D2 doesn't have step-down on it, so with a full battery it will always fire at 4.2 regardless of wattage setting until the battery drains some. The missing step-down (which a lot of other box mods do have) ruined it. I was able to take the juice out with a syringe though so lost barely anything. Ohms shouldn't change. If it does, it will be minimally, and not during use. Sounds like a loose connection in the wires not the mod. My ecig coils will change ~.03 ohms over use (kanthal though). You can't use nickel or titanium temperature control because the carts aren't made with that kind of wire. 99.9% certain that it's nichrome wire. Nowadays I use either a Yocan Evolve pen (dual nichrome wire, quartz wicks) or on my oil RDA, a clapton coil at low wattage.

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
Thanks @Bad Ocelot & @Quetzalcoatl, the ohms has been varying from 1.80 to 2.06, but then again Ive had a nervous tick for unscrewing and then screwing the cartridge back on the evic mini, just to see what new number comes outand its ranged from 1.80 - 2.06. I was confused because I thought it would stay constant.

The cartridge is alittle tricky, because there is like a small restriction, like globbed up oil and then it loosens up from just mouth pulling on the cartridge without firing it up, thats the best way I can describe it, like a glob pop. Its honey oil, Ive had it from 5 to 6 watts, with different results. Before and after the oil loosens up. I did 5.7watts after the oil loosen up and it was too harsh. I was going by an ecig ohm chart, but obviously this is not as loose as ejuice. I will definately try before 5 next time.

Last edited:
TheMadDabber,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
If not you could always go below 5 watts if your device supports it...

Quetzalcoatl,
Top Bottom