Caffeine and Vapor.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I don't ever recommend doing coffee and Chemdawg together. You'll be vaping straight up dank Indica, to come down. That, or heroin. :lol:

BigDaddyVapor,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Awesome Sunday morning. I'm sipping a delicious french roast and vaping some hash from my MFLB. While, my husband is making us dippy eggs and bacon with toast! :D

Vicki,

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking
I like vapor with my caffeine, but I only get it from tea. I used to put honey in my tea to sweeten it, but then I learned honey becomes quite toxic when heated and should only be eaten raw. Most honey sold in stores isn't raw to begin with though.

sublimationpurist,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I used to put honey in my tea to sweeten it, but then I learned honey becomes quite toxic when heated and should only be eaten raw. Most honey sold in stores isn't raw to begin with though.
I've heard that too. It's an Ayurvedic myth. There's nothing toxic about heated honey.

WatTyler,

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking
I've heard that too. It's an Ayurvedic myth. There's nothing toxic about heated honey.

I suppose that depends on your definition of toxic, I define it as unhealthy. I don't believe refined sugar is healthy. Raw honey has countless health benefits, all of which are destroyed by heat.

When we look at the word "raw", we associated it with the preservation of important vitamins, minerals and enzymes. Just as raw vegetables are preferable because of their nutritional content, the same is true of honey. Raw honey is honey that has not been heated, pasteurized or processed in any way. The differences between raw and pasteurized honey are substantial. Raw honey is an alkaline-forming food that contains natural vitamins, enzymes, powerful antioxidants and other important natural nutrients. These are the very nutrients that are destroyed during the heating and pasteurization process. In fact, pasteurized honey is equivalent to and just as unhealthy as eating refined sugar.

Raw honey has anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal properties. It promotes body and digestive health, is a powerful antioxidant, strengthens the immune system, eliminates allergies, and is an excellent remedy for skin wounds and all types of infections. Raw honey's benefits don't stop there. Raw honey can also stabilize blood pressure, balance sugar levels, relieve pain, calm nerves, and it has been used to treat ulcers. Raw honey is also an expectorant and anti-inflammatory and has been known to effectively treat respiratory conditions such as bronchitis and asthma.

Raw honey tastes better too.

sublimationpurist,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Raw honey tastes awesome on my bbq'd ribs.... and that's all that matters to 'me'.

smokum,

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking
Raw honey tastes awesome on my bbq'd ribs.... and that's all that matters to 'me'.

Mmm sounds yummy. I've found that every different raw honey I've tried has a unique flavor/character too, I love the variety! It makes sense because every different region has different flowers and hence different pollen the bees gather. I love other bee products too, like pollen, propolis, and royal jelly, mmm mmm!

sublimationpurist,

luchiano

stephenking thanks for putting that info out there because it made me do some research on it and found at that heating high fructose corn syrup form a toxic compound. When you look at honey it is high in fructose also so this looks like heated honey is not good for the body. Maybe any type of sugar shouldn't be heated up.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/08/090826110118.htm

Heat Forms Potentially Harmful Substance In High-Fructose Corn Syrup, Bee Study Finds

luchiano,

sublimationpurist

formerly stephenking
np luchiano HFCS is nasty stuff. The corn industry spends millions of dollars a year attempting to deceive the public about it, saying it's no different than sugar.
a study published in 2009 found that between one-third and one-half of all HFCS-containing products on the market tested positive for mercury contamination.
It also contains glutaraldehyde which is so toxic its MSDS says it can burn a hole in your stomach.
High-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) is a popular sweetener because it is chemically different from sugar -- it has a longer shelf life and mixes better into beverages. Yet the corn industry likes to downplay these differences, pointing out that sugar is 50 percent fructose and 50 percent glucose, while HFCS is 55 percent fructose and 45 percent glucose.

This framing glosses over an essential difference: sugar (sucrose) is a disaccharide composed of a single glucose molecule and a single fructose molecule. HFCS, in contrast, is a liquid solution composed of separated individual glucose and fructose molecules (monosaccharides).
http://www.naturalnews.com/034950_HFCS_fructose_sugar.html

And of course, like all conventional produce, the corn its made from is sprayed with MSG and Agent Orange. And it's GMO too, GMO soy turns rat testicles blue in just three years.

Still want to drink your soda and energy drinks (for caffeine) while vaping? Everyone else is doing it, it must be OK right?

Poochka

usually 6 cups in the morning to get moving. can start to feel some kind of buzz after 4 thats not there when i don't vape the night before. idk, getting tired of it. time for a T break.

Poochka,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Started this morning vaping a kief trench and sipping some Tully's French Roast coffee. :)

Vicki,

kewpcer

I have to have some tea with vapor after 9 pm or I snooze out fast.

And I reject the idea that caffeine is inherently unhealthy. Those that consume moderate amounts of caffeine from natural sources see a number of benefits. Just a couple are reductions in occurrence of colon cancer and Parkinson's. The key is moderation.

Juice provides many healthy vitamins and naturally steady energy, but it also makes you fat and gives you the shits if you drink too much. See there?

Moderation.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I have to have some tea with vapor after 9 pm or I snooze out fast.

And I reject the idea that caffeine is inherently unhealthy. Those that consume moderate amounts of caffeine from natural sources see a number of benefits. Just a couple are reductions in occurrence of colon cancer and Parkinson's. The key is moderation.

Juice provides many healthy vitamins and naturally steady energy, but it also makes you fat and gives you the shits if you drink too much. See there?

Moderation.

Yeah, caffeine gets a bum rap. When my migraines started during Desert Storm, they prescribed Caffergot for me. Of course, Doc's (HM1) instructions got crossed and I ended up taking 2. I swear it felt EXACTLY like a Cocaine rush. But, that caffeine in that Tylenol wiped out the headache. I used it for a while, before doctors said it wasn't good for my BP. Still to this day, one of the most effective with migraines, in my case. Excedrin helps, but not the same.

Karma's twisted sense of humor however, relieved me of most of my headaches, when it decided to strike me with the aortic dissection.

BigDaddyVapor,

Longbones

I build up a tolerance to coffee pretty quick, and don't like caffeine in any other form than coffee and tea (I don't feel the limited caffeine in tea, though).

I do love coffee, though, so I often have it with a vape. I feel very content sitting down to that combination, even if my tolerance to caffeine is pretty high at the time. :)

Two mugs of coffee usually gives me a light buzz though, and I actually feel this more if I've just vaped as well.

Longbones,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Coffee makes me sleepy, and even though I love drinking it everyday, when I stop I get really bad migraines. I dun feel like taking sumatriptan on top of my tramadol on top of my meloxicam in conjunction with my herbal relief, and my emergency methylprednisolone.

I AM TOO YOUNG FOR THIS MUCH MEDICINE D:<

Quetzalcoatl,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
We bought a Keurig brewer in March, and now I'm hooked on my morning cup of coffee with a small vap session. I limit myself to two cups a day, only in the morning. We have so many varieties to chose from it's almost like Christmas morning everyday! :lol:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Coffee makes me sleepy, and even though I love drinking it everyday, when I stop I get really bad migraines. I dun feel like taking sumatriptan on top of my tramadol on top of my meloxicam in conjunction with my herbal relief, and my emergency methylprednisolone.

I AM TOO YOUNG FOR THIS MUCH MEDICINE D:<

You're having withdrawals from the coffee. When I was a daily drinker, I would always get headaches, if I didn't have my fix.

Nycdeisel

So many topics in here, so much to say.... :lol:

about the raw honey having all these crazy awesome benefits, there are different types of honey, as was pointed out because of the different flowers, pollen, places, etc. Im talking pure raw honey. Its not all the same. Thus I bring up Manuka Honey. Honey made by bees feeding off of the manuka flower is then manuka honey, which is the kind with the antibacterial properties and healing benefits. So much so, in fact, that there is even a pharmaceutical company that has a patented wound dressing made WITH Manuka Honey! Cool, huh?
I love my organic raw manuka honey ;) good stuff

Anyone into organic coffee? I dont drink any kind of it , just thought i would bring it up

and finally regarding my own caffeine consumption ....
I dont drink coffee. or soda. Never have. but i do like chocolate :o
maybe a little more then like.... hehehe
not sure how much caffeine that is exactly, but I do know it can make me pretty wired, but that could be that the sugar :rolleyes: Though of course, I am using some really good quality organic dark chocolate . NO SOY or emulsifier(or GMO or gluten or artificial flavoring). The different in taste is really amazing but i have a sensitive sense of taste. i like all kinds, dark milk like 45-60% and darker like 70s. and with cocoa nibs :p

and Bigdaddy i know what you mean about that chemdawg :freak:

edit: this chocolate+vaping=
Feelsgoodmangreen.jpg

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
You're having withdrawals from the coffee. When I was a daily drinker, I would always get headaches, if I didn't have my fix.

Yup. I get migraines anyways, even during periods where I've gone 6+ months without coffee and actively trying to limit my caffeine and I'll still get them. Coffee just makes them come faster... but it tastes so good :(

but i do like chocolate :o
maybe a little more then like.... hehehe
not sure how much caffeine that is exactly, but I do know it can make me pretty wired, but that could be that the sugar :rolleyes: Though of course, I am using some really good quality organic dark chocolate . NO SOY or emulsifier(or GMO or gluten or artificial flavoring). The different in taste is really amazing but i have a sensitive sense of taste. i like all kinds, dark milk like 45-60% and darker like 70s. and with cocoa nibs :p

Mmm, gimme dat anandamide and some lemongrass tea, and 40-60 minutes later I'm hitting the bowl. Endocannabinoids + normal cannabinoids = happy brain! Ghirardelli 86% all day :myday:

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Poochka

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
I don't think I am too affected by caffeine or sugar at all. I love the taste of coffee though and I usually drink 2-3 cups of some very strong Blue Mountain (along with a .2 of whatever high grade I have on hand)at night and I could go to sleep right after drinking it.

tranceporter,

Jdog

I have made myself spliff vapes in the past (smizz and e-liquid for the nicotine) and its pretty nice. The pure nic from the eliq is a lot different from regular cigs and can give you a pretty head spinny high, especially if you haven't eaten yet

Jdog,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I enjoy the combo- however I prefer my THC just before my Caffeine. I feel the effects are much better to get me started properly in the morning. It feels like the caffeine might make the THC last longer into the morning for me this way...

Bluntcrush,
Top Bottom