Buying/Selling on paypal (in regards to our used vaporizers section)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
How do these transactions typically go here in the vaping community?

Do you all just rely on the trust among the vapists of the community, or does paypal offer protection from scamming as well?

I mean... surely you guys aren't just paypaling hundreds of dollars to users you've never met, right?

wake n blake,

turtles

paypal does offer some level of protection, and if you buy sell much you can easily get a feel for people

turtles,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
wake n blake said:
How do these transactions typically go here in the vaping community?

Do you all just rely on the trust among the vapists of the community, or does paypal offer protection from scamming as well?

I mean... surely you guys aren't just paypaling hundreds of dollars to users you've never met, right?

i always had faith that paypal gives protection (just document through some sort of communication that it is clearly listed everything that you are expecting to get &/or how much money you expect to receive), but i luckily NEVER had to even use this before...everything always turned out OK (but i never bought/sold anything on FC) for other people ive dealt with.

think of it like this: will you be able to prove that you were cheated/misled to the people at paypal? if so, you will probably be protected...of course, i do not know how this applies to paraphernalia stuff...

hope that helps, but just do consider that if someone is using paypal to cheat others & stuff, their account will be suspended/banned or whatever. since people have to go through paypal, confirm their address, connect their credit card & personal bank account, most people do not really want to risk fucking around with paypal cuz they will be screwed if theyre trying to ever use it again...

once you do it a few times, you will probably end up having faith in people. hopefully, you dont get screwed, but if you do, come back & post here what happened, who to watch out for, & what paypal ended up doing for you. that would be really helpful.

akwardsauce,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I think the trade is in order to fight combustion and give new life of vaps that are not used anymore..
I bet many guys here are overbudgeting thanks to the crave for the new and untested.. so this is a nice way to convert old vapes for newer ones or different.. more suiting for the current needs... Most guys here are addicted to FC.. and ruining a reputation that is built in years with numerous post.. is more precious than any extra :2c: they can get on a scam..

Abysmal Vapor,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Never use Paypal. I either trust someone and send money or send the goods first and wait for them to arrive.

Never been burnt.

Tom

tdavie,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
tdavie said:
Never use Paypal. I either trust someone and send money or send the goods first and wait for them to arrive.

Never been burnt.

Tom

wow, thats good for you but too crazy for me. im sure many people are honest, but us americans dont really trust people like that.

been kind of brainwashed over the years to believe that almost everything on the internet is a scam & you just have to put in the time to research if its legit. paypal kind of assures me of that, so i use them.

never been burnt either & im always skeptical.

akwardsauce,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom