Buying first vape, no combustion top priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_crizz

hello, thanks in advance for helping out. Not only am I new to vaping, I am also new to forums in general so my apologies if this is the wrong place to post. I am switching to vaping from a purely healthy position , ie don't want to inhale smoke with carcinogens . This is the reason that the vape not combusting flowers being paramount to whatever vape I choose. Imagine my pleasure in finding a forum named fuck combustion. But I'll get right down to it.

I am only interested in vaping dry flowers at the moment.
I don't want to spend more than $200 on my first (give or take)
Non combustion is paramount.
Stealthiness is not really an issue, though I would prefer a portable for concerts
I typically only some with gf at night to relax and on weekends. Med. to low use smoker.
I have done a lot of research prior to posting, in which one vape is suggested only to be heavily ridiculed by next article (not on this forum but elsewhere )
I am leaning toward convection but only out of ignorance probably (don't want combustion.)
So far I have narrowed down to the following, please recommend any I list or one that you think would be more suited to my situation
I'll list by what I've gleaned to be the best vapes through my research first to least recommended

Crafty - seemed too expensive for my level of smoking
Ariser air
Pax - same as crafty seems more than what I need
Mighty - Saa
Flower mate mini - leaning towards this one
Haze
Arizer solo
Vapman
Kandypens

Again please recommend any others you think more suitable and thanks in advance !

B_crizz,

uhranium

Maybe a bit one-sided, but what can I do..

Crafty - seemed too expensive for my level of smoking - yes it is expensive, but god damn (I own a mighty), this thing is worth it. Could kill every VAS right from the start. If you start with a crafty/mighty and then switch to another unit, it could very easily happen that you are thinking "why did I change?"
Arizer air - Nice little unit but besides battery being interchangeably, (you said stealth wasn't needed) the air is just a more expensive solo with a harder to read temperature level.
Pax - same as crafty seems more than what I need - I don't know shit about the pax, was almost at buying one, but I ended up buying 3 other vaporizers instead and am not even taking a look at the prices or features of this thing anymore. Mighty>Solo>Pax imho.
Mighty - Saa - yea, see above, get that fucking thing lol. With a 2yr guarantee I pay 0.5€ per day for this thing and that's almost nothing comparing to the lower g/day (hello reclaim oil) you use and the power this thing has. Chosing temperature on the degree is so damn superb.
Flower mate mini - leaning towards this one - please don't. it has only 3 temperature levels and starts at 196°C/385°F - that's way too hot for an entry level imho. Love the 159°C sessions on my mighty.
Haze- has 4 temperature settings but I don't know the levels of these and if you can set the 4 levels to your own desire.
Arizer solo - if you live in the us where you can get a solo at puffitup for 160$ then do it. I have to pay 200€ for a solo vs 350€ for a mighty - but I own both. Effectively 6 temperature levels, starting at 185°C (after owning a mighty I think this is also a bit too high for a starting point, but the solo stills rocks)
Vapman - while it's a nice little wooden vape, the heating method is just putting me off.How do you like it? I think it's easier to find an outlet than a store that sells you your needed fuel. Especially at times when you want to vape (right before bed, right after bed, at 22pm in your home, on some party..)
Kandypens - Unless it's a real kickass vape, I can only think "it's a fking pen, did pens become good all of a sudden" and "if you're a girl you can tell people it's a lipgloss or something" Maybe grashopper instead?

Arizer solo with short glass stem might be a good choice here But if you want to go to concerts I'd advise the small but asskickin crafty. No glass to break. It is so small, yet so strong. You can turn it on without taking it out your pocket per smartphone and just wait for the vibration.

Sorry for the lack of a constant green, I didn't vape in 34 hours.

Last edited:

uhranium

Goboof Alfa - I don't know about the automatic settings but the 3 standard settings just suck.

(LO 190°C / 374°F, MID 210°C / 410°F, HI 220°C / 428°F),

While 190°C is totally okay (step 3/7 on a solo),
210°C is the toplevel of the crafty/mighty/solo/air, that's where the vape really gets harsh and a shitload of unwelcomened releasings just await on..
220°C. This is too high for a vape, you may actually taste a bit of combustion on that one.

look at this chart

http://vrapp.ca/vrapp-content/uploads/Vapourizer_Temperature_Chart_2015_Eng.pdf

at 220°C it says

"Blocks THC / Anti THC"

" = Smoke >= Vapour" (rather smoke than vapour)

*** WARNING ***
Toxic Vapours at
200°c
Harmful toxins begin"

---

If you can choose the temperature itself then maybe this problems will only happen if you accidentally set it on highest level. But being only able to use 190°C and 210°C is so 2003 style.

Last edited:
uhranium,
Reactions: B_crizz

capcoho

Flowermate original has been good to me. Temp control is unnecessary for myself. I don't think there is really a "best vape". I like the Flowermate mainly because of price, battery life and size factor.

That being said if you are willing to buy a used vape I've seen amazing deals on Craigslist for Solos and other top rated vapes for $75-$100

capcoho,

ginolicious

By the sounds of it you want portable. I will tell you this from what I've noticed, vapor in a $200 portable is not the same quality compared to a desktop at $200.

Now others may disagree. This is what I've noticed from all the vapes I tried prior to buying mine.

Portable options:

Arizer solo
Arizer air
Vapir NO2
Launch box.

Desktop:

Vapir rise 2.0
Extreme Q

There are others to list as well under $200. But I think these options meet your needs. Research those and maybe you'll end up with one of those.

Just giving you ideas and pointing you in a possible direction you may want to proceed with.

ginolicious,
Reactions: B_crizz

friedrich

Little-Known Member
Vapman - while it's a nice little wooden vape, the heating method is just putting me off.How do you like it? I think it's easier to find an outlet than a store that sells you your needed fuel. Especially at times when you want to vape (right before bed, right after bed, at 22pm in your home, on some party..)
Vapman is awesome! I use mine almost daily while out of the house and have to refill the lighter once a week at most; it's much nicer than dealing with batteries and chargers. Still on my first can of butane, too, four months in. Plus there's very little maintenance or cleaning required on the vaporizer itself.

It's manually controlled, but pretty intuitive... I found the technique really easy to pick up. You can be gentle with the heat for the flavor hits and then, if you want, step it up to finish the bowl quickly. Combustion is not a problem; if you're paying attention, you'll know when you're pushing it.

An FC member provides custom-finished / engraved ones too! check out infinityvm.com

uhranium

while that sounds more conveniently that I thought, butan powered is just to close to combustion for me. I recently caused a fire so I am staying the hell away from anything like that ... "odd smiley here"

uhranium,

NorVape

Vape Rictim
I too thought the lighter would put me off, but Vapman is the vape I recommend to all beginners.

But to be fair, I think you will be happy with all the vapes on that list. You've done some good research! Welcome to FC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom