• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Buying a vaporizer first time. narrowed down to 2 choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
after research i come up with the conclusion that:

arizer extreme q:

B-level bag
C+ -level whip
very efficient with bud.
looks classy but a lil cheap type of classy
aromatherapy ( which i also need)
idc really care for the remote right now.

and then

silver surfer:
A-level whip
a little efficient ( so i heard)
hands free option? i dont have a problem with twisting the glass for the bud to evenly vape
looks cool.
can be used for aromatherapy with seperpate attachment (which i also need)

im trying to find out just how efficient and which machine saves more bud but still gets you as stoned as you want to be. i just want something to get me absolutely ripped, more ripped then a bowl/joint/blunt. im also buying a vaporizer to savior my lungs because i play sports and workout, cardio and general health is a big issue to me with conflicts with smoking. and also smoking makes me feel like shit. me and my girlfriend are goingto hit it the most, and then at most 3 people at one time.

but you see these are very bland opinions without explanation:
*why is the whip better in the silver surfer? i heard its cause it collects hash? or resin in tube that can be used?
*why does one conserve more with one over the other?
* are bags almost useless in the extreme q? , do they even really get you high?
*if the extreme q 4.0 conserves more bud wouldnt that mean the whip and bag is better than the silver surfer because then i can get just as high/higher with just as much bud used?

* if .2G in the arizer got me stoned, will .2G in the silver surfer get me just as high? or higher? regarding heat: using same degree's OR just the best degree that works best for each machine.

i heard this is the website where everyone knows there shit. what would you buy? what do you reccomend? the learning curve with the whip is something im sure i will learn fast, although idk how there could be learning curve BUT i do get it might be how it is also for first time smokers ( how do i inhale right?! do i just breath in or just suck in or suck in then breath in?!!? Lol good times. )

please if your goingto talk about another vaporizer, DONT, unless your goingto do a full comparison because it just creates confusion and second guessing within my head thats never ending.

itchmynipple,

technique

itchmynipple said:
*why is the whip better in the silver surfer? i heard its cause it collects hash? or resin in tube that can be used?
*why does one conserve more with one over the other?
* are bags almost useless in the extreme q? , do they even really get you high?
*if the extreme q 4.0 conserves more bud wouldnt that mean the whip and bag is better than the silver surfer because then i can get just as high/higher with just as much bud used?

* if .2G in the arizer got me stoned, will .2G in the silver surfer get me just as high? or higher? regarding heat: using same degree's OR just the best degree that works best for each machine.

Welcome mate and yes this is the forum for your answers (not from me you understand, the real vaporist are coming im like a secretary lol)

I tried the arizer and for me the vapor was too thin but i dint try an elbow pack which can allegedly give you similar hits to the SSV. Generally the SSV is regarded as thickest clouds due to the standard glass design.

I dont like bags myself i prefer a whip as i like to control each rip and sometimes take long brakes between them which i dont enjoy doing from a bag the vapor doesnt taste as good to me but then the SSV is wonderful for taste through a whip which is another reason i loved it.

To be completely honest the last question you ask is by far the most pertinent, 0.2g will do what 0.2g does the defining factor(in this case) is how you use a vaporizer. I can get completely floored from 0.2g with an SSV but others may not, things like Temps used, number of pulls taken at temp, time held in and strangely for me time taken between pulls is a big one(i should start a thread on this) these things effect how high you get. Think about it like this if you have vaporized all the material using both vapes then you were medicated with the same stuff from both, the difference really becomes which one you gave the best chances for your body to absorb.

The things you should base your choices on are plenty but dont let "which one makes me higher" be one of them.

Good luck fella.

technique,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The Extreme was my first vape and I loved it. Once I got my SSV I never used it again, though. If you want a whip vape I can't think of a better one than the SSV.

stickstones,
stickstones said:
The Extreme was my first vape and I loved it. Once I got my SSV I never used it again, though. If you want a whip vape I can't think of a better one than the SSV.

surely there is a reason you never went back to the extreme vapor q?

some type of benefit you felt you were getting with the ssv over the extreme so if you can elaborate?

the more experiences the easier it is to make a choice, peace of mind, im known for switchin my mind once i already desh the money out n buy something.. the bag on the extreme q sounds mediocre, can be good, but its mostly just okay. n if the whip is just okay, then i mind as well go with a silver surfer? gahhh so hard decisions!.

(side note: if purple days still made vapes id probably start with that first from the attention it recieves in the vaporizing community, it sucks im a little too late but anyways)

itchmynipple,
just to view and look at, can you guys reccomend a website for buying the silver surfer with equal parts/warranty for the cheapest price? should i buy from there actual website? or...

every help is appreciated

itchmynipple,
yeah but how bout this. is there a better vaporizer that does bag and whip but better thanthe extreme q?

and are log vapes just as good? i want the best vaporizer pretty much in the 300 range

itchmynipple,

hogleg

the EQ is a pretty great vape for bags and whips dont be talked out of it so easily it could be just what your after

hogleg,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
itchmynipple said:
yeah but how bout this. is there a better vaporizer that does bag and whip but better thanthe extreme q?

and are log vapes just as good? i want the best vaporizer pretty much in the 300 range

First of all; there is no 'best vape'. There are many many good ones but it all comes down to personal preferences basically.

Second; don't be too set on making the right choice. You can only predict so much from the research you do now, it may turn out to be completely different in rl.

Your posts remind me a lot of how I was going about buying my first vaporizer little over a year ago. I to did a lot of research and asked many questions (I ended up with the SSV btw) only to realize (8 months) later that whip-vapes aren't for me at all. No biggie, this is also a good place to sell your equipment for a reasonable price as long as you take good care of it, so you can move on and try the next one (probably one of the reasons so many of us turn in to vaporizer collectors). Sometimes you just have to try stuff out first.

If you want to know about harder hitting log vapes that can compete with the SSV and the likes of it check out the Underdog and the HI. Another vaporizer that may be of interest to you is the Herbalaire, it also does bags and whip mode if that's what you after, and is known as a very thorough extractor and build like a tank.

Good luck on your voyage!

OhTheAgony,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
itchmynipple said:
please if your goingto talk about another vaporizer, DONT, unless your goingto do a full comparison because it just creates confusion and second guessing within my head thats never ending.

itchmynipple said:

Can't do full comparison, but you asked.......

The HA should be a definite contender, if you are SURE you want bags, or at least want to try them. I thought I needed them when I started out. Turns out, didn't really use them. The HA is a great bag blower though. The pump is external, so if it fails, it is very easy to replace. About 30 seconds to fill stock bag. The whip that comes with it is pretty much useless, though. I've seen good results on here using a different tube, so it can be done. The HA also offers direct draw through the mouthpieces. That worked well for me, and was my main way to use it. Also, it has no glass and is pretty much built like a tank.

Never used the EQ, but went through trying to decide on the HA or the EQ (HAD to have bags lol). Since I never used bags, and the HA is better suited for groups or large amounts, I got rid of it. It does do small amounts, but loading, unloading, the 5 min heat up, stealth etc., it did not fit our style. Still wound up smoking and only busting the HA out on weekends.

That led me to the decision between the CRZ (ceramic rock zap) and the PD. I went with the Zap (reasons do not really matter, since PD is done). Loved it. Got offer to trade HA for a PD and since I wanted a log for each room (LR&BR), I traded for it. After a week of comparison, the CRZ blew the PD out of the water. I sold the PD and got another Zap. Fucking love them. Very, very little combustion since.

Sorry for the biography there, but all info helps, huh? Choosing a vape, comes down to what suits your needs the best (I'm a "grazer",lol). There are many vapes and quite a few "good" ones. Some people have multiple ones for various occaisons. It'd be hard to go wrong with any of the choices above. Each have pros and cons, and ultimately comes down to user preference. The good news is, you are on the vapor path and if the one you decide to get doesn't fit you, they seem to retain their value pretty well. Welcome and good luck!!!!

Magic9,

Mathair Naduir

Cannabis And Vapor Connoisseur
Personally, I would choose the SSV. Having been an owner of both units, in my opinion I find the EQ to be too cumbersome with all of the extra parts, bags, aroma top, etc. The SSV is simple: the unit, a whip, and a nice travel bag. IMO, it is much easier to use, and is more efficient that the EQ.

Mathair Naduir,
yeah im going for stealthy i guess, as in i want to be able to do it in my room without my room reaking of pot and then leading into the hallway.

are the logs really nearly as good?

im deff interested though in the UD, or MLFB, can someone tell me which one would conserve more? or which one is better. also battery life? the whole deal.

i figure maybe a smaller portable vape that hits great and will get me good, and is concealable would be great. silver surfer is my other choice but it doesnt conserve to much from what im previously reading. i do blaze alot, but im probably goingto kick it to one every couple days or even just the weekends

itchmynipple,

weedemon

enthusiast
mflb will conserve more, be more stealthy and it will stink up the room less. the UD gives monster rips! you would need to be very careful and sip if you wanted to be low key while using it imo.

general rule I go by is one battery per trench.

I think you would be surprised how long the ssv keeps giving up hits for. i would say teh ssv is actually more conservative than the UD. the same amount of herbs would keep hitting for longer using the DDV over the UD imo.

weedemon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom